N-Europe

Pokemafia 2 - The Conversion of Justice

ReZourceman

To be fair, Ganepark did seem suspicious in his reasoning, but it hit me, now that you mention it, that this is, in fact, his first game. I think he is unaware of the fact that a power not working is not too uncommon. Ganepark, you're power not working can mean that you were roleblocked by someone or that your target was protected by someone. At this early stage of the game, you can't count on a roleblocker being evil, as he is most likely trying out his power on different people to see if he can learn something from the write-up.

Still, I would also like to know what makes you suspect Ellmeister.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as I said that is all true, but it could possibly also be that he got something suspicious-sounding in his PM back that related to Ellmeister, perhaps something like 'the person you targeted disappeared when you got close with an evil laugh' or y'know, something random like that. So I also would like to hear what he got back in case it sheds some more light on this whole escapade.

And while we're at it, doesn't anyone else have any info at all?

Personally I wouldn't mind lynching Ellmeister because I know he's gotten away with slippery little things in the past by turning the tables, but I don't know who to believe this time.

Spambot and Dannyboy, did either of you appear in the writeup on Night 1?

Hm, alright. Nevermind. Turns out that doesn't tell me anything after all, as Spambot was roleblocked on Night 1..

No, I think he was just silenced yesterday... unless I have missed something.

SPAMBOT - did you get a PM on night one saying anything? Because I got told how I was silenced, I was just wondering what reason Rez sent you for not being allowed to talk. The more info we have on silencers the better, as they are almost certainly mafia.

Nintendohnut - I was quick to vote because after counting Ellmeister's word count, I believe it's likely he's telling the truth. I also know we lost the last game through too much umming and ahhing about who to lynch. As I believe Ellmeister, Ganepark was the only other lead we had. Most of the time last game, Rez ended the day before we'd decided anything. At least we have a chance at getting a mafia in the day whereas in the night it's nearly 100% minus 1 for the townies.

That said, I didn't realise it was Ganepark's first game which could certainly explain him seeming a little suspicious. I'll...

Change vote: No lynch

for now but we really need to come up with something soon. I believe I did appear in the writeup on night 1 and I was indeed silenced, not roleblocked, on that night. All it told me was that I was silenced using Rock Tomb, so I assume you were silenced using Ice Beam?

If so did it mention anything about some word limit imposed on the next day that could verify Ellmeister's claim? Certainly didn't for my silencing.

Edit: Coolness, why not share your information? I'm sure if there is a townie protector then they will protect you if the info is valuable. You might as well now anyway as you've already made yourself vulnerable by saying you have info.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

Well, in such cases there's the obvious choice of lynching the accused and see what happens. If Eenuh's evil, we have known investigator on our side that can be protected. That's a very strong hand. If Eenuh's good, there are two options: Either Coolness is a dumb cop, or he's mafia trying to get an innocent lynched. Since he worried for his safety in coming forward, and since it's so early in the game, I doubt he is trying to trick us. Unless he knew we'd come to that conclusion and thus figured he could do it without risk. Still, it seems unlikely - not to mention dangerous - to bet on other people seeing through reverse psychology. I doubt the mafia would risk that this early in the game. Thus, I believe Coolness' investigation. The question is whether he's right or if he's a dumb cop. Having been a dumb cop myself once and having managed to use that to win the game, I say the best course of action is to test out Coolness' investigation. And that is why I'm going to say:

Vote: Eenuh

This is, of course, based on the assumption that Coolness received his information through an investigation. If he got it in some other way, my above theory holds no water, and in that case I'll have to think again. So, just to make sure: Coolness, are you an investigator? You've already outed yourself, so revealing the true nature of your role will most likely not put you in any more danger than you already are. Provided you're a cop - or even a stupid cop - you are most likely certain to receive protection for the rest of the game, so revealing your role will only benefit the town.

So Cube, why would you ask that question if you didn't want to point them out to the mafia?

Revealing good characters increases their chance of getting protected: the mafia know all the good/neutral players, we on the other hand as the town are in the dark.