N-Europe

Home Brew Games

Kirkatronics

A lot of us here will have dabbled in game making before, wether you made a masterpiece or a complete mess.

Either way, post links for us to play them here, and we ca have a laugh.

Personally i dont have anything ive made on this computer but i have used a few programs in the past:

RPG Maker

Game Creator

Click n Play (any one have a link to this? Cant find it!)

And a few online ones where you code it.

Me and Blue_Ninja0 have recently made a game in Lingo in Adobe Director 11.5, basically Macromedia Shockwave, those things you used to see on the internet before flash became predominant.

Its called Polarity and it's a bullet hell shmup but with a twist. It is quite simple in graphics and has barely any design structure, it's just proof of concept but I think it is quite interesting.

I'll try to put it somewhere online when I'm free of Uni.

I've done some stuff in flash.

Something I've been working on, but haven't got around to finishing:

Note:

This is still very unfinished.

I haven't done the Game Over Screen yet so you cannot "die" your health will just go into the negative numbers.

The car is the end of the level, nothing happens yet when you touch it.

The grey things are zombies. The black one is your character.

Controls:

UP: Jump

LEFT/RIGHT: Move

CONTROL: Shoot Pistol

SHIFT: Katana

Link

Most of my other stuff is really too old to be worth posting, I have some other stuff I've been working on more recently, but its not worth showing yet. This barely is.

Edited by Emasher

I've done some stuff in flash.

Something I've been working on, but haven't got around to finishing:

Note:

This is still very unfinished.

I haven't done the Game Over Screen yet so you cannot "die" your health will just go into the negative numbers.

The car is the end of the level, nothing happens yet when you touch it.

The grey things are zombies. The black one is your character.

Controls:

UP: Jump

LEFT/RIGHT: Move

CONTROL: Shoot Pistol

SHIFT: Katana

Link

Most of my other stuff is really too old to be worth posting, I have some other stuff I've been working on more recently, but its not worth showing yet. This barely is.

Lol, I like the idea of them being blocks even if it wasn't the original intent. I also like that you went through the trouble of animating the eye.

RPG Maker

Click n Play (any one have a link to this? Cant find it!)

I've used both of these. I made Kung Fu Jesus on RPG maker. "You're not my real Dad! I'm going upstairs to talk to Holy Dad!"

Never really did much with Click and Play though.

May go back to RPG maker at some point.

RPG Maker 2000... I remember that. It was so difficult making a simple village since you had to use 'events' everywhere.

I did have a game maker I got for joining Special Reserve [Winning a comp with them or something], couldn't work it out so sold it.

I've helped made a couple games. It's a toss up between Space Invaders Extreme and DQIV as to which was my favourite. :D

I don't really have the concentraiton to make my own games. I have about 5 half made LBP levels. I just lose interest. ::shrug:

Thats most peoples problems, losing interest.

I used to half finish games alot.

RPG Maker 2000... I remember that. It was so difficult making a simple village since you had to use 'events' everywhere.

I did have a game maker I got for joining Special Reserve [Winning a comp with them or something], couldn't work it out so sold it.

you should design the vilalges then add in the events.

My first game had none, just many copies of its self for different story bits.

Me and Blue_Ninja0 have recently made a game in Lingo in Adobe Director 11.5, basically Macromedia Shockwave, those things you used to see on the internet before flash became predominant.

Its called Polarity and it's a bullet hell shmup but with a twist. It is quite simple in graphics and has barely any design structure, it's just proof of concept but I think it is quite interesting.

I'll try to put it somewhere online when I'm free of Uni.

Its not a big job, get it uploaded :)

Bullet hell minus the hell part.

The game already needs a decent PC to run at 60fps even if being just a simple 2D. If I would up the enemy count it would be catastrophic.

I implemented some basic difficulty thing though. You get more enemies the more score you get.

We'll post the link to the upload later.

EDIT: As promised, here it is! Enjoy! Give feedback.

http://rapidshare.com/files/259320142/Polarity.zip.html

Controls:

WASD for moving the ship

left click to place blue portal

right click to place red portal

-be original and use the portals the way you want

-blue bullets kill red enemies with 1 shot and vice versa

-rocks explode with 1 enemy shot too

-when the bar gets full you'll have a nice surprise

-There is a cheat: Pressing F and M at the same times gives you the super bullets even without the bar full

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

I used to use RPG Maker a LOT...got quite far on one game that included the members of a forum I used to frequent. It wasn't half bad either - the people who I let try it out were surprised that I had actually made it. I had quite a good Zelda level that felt just like when you were in the Lost Woods area (think that was it) in LTTP. Looking back on it, it was a great tool for slagging off people you didn't like, lol.

I made one for my Uni course, though it's not very good. Bullet collisions don't work and the enemies are bit rubbish and it's probably less than a minute long due to the fact I had to write the whole thing in 2 days and I didn't get to implement a lot of stuff that I want'd too. I might improve it later if I can be bothered. I also made pong which also isn't finished, not sure if i still have it though, might see if I can dig it up.

Download Helicopter game.

Controls are WASD to move and F to fire I think. press ESC to exit.

I am not responsible if it crashes your computer. Although it shouldn't :P Works on Windows Xp and Vista. No idea about Mac.

I made one for my Uni course, though it's not very good. Bullet collisions don't work and the enemies are bit rubbish and it's probably less than a minute long due to the fact I had to write the whole thing in 2 days and I didn't get to implement a lot of stuff that I want'd too. I might improve it later if I can be bothered. I also made pong which also isn't finished, not sure if i still have it though, might see if I can dig it up.

Download Helicopter game.

Controls are WASD to move and F to fire I think. press ESC to exit.

I am not responsible if it crashes your computer. Although it shouldn't :P Works on Windows Xp and Vista. No idea about Mac.

Doesn't run under Vista x64.

Doesn't run under Vista x64.

Ah, it does on x32 since that's what I use.

Just for the record, I can tell you without even trying to run it that its not going to without a copy of crossovers.

Yeah I didn't think it would.

Someone on the Ventrilo server I've been on for a few years recently made a game called VisionQuest/VentQuest which includes me as a boss character in the Temple of Dysonism and a whole assortment of people that use or have used the Ventrilo server. Here is the map :heh:

VentriloQuest.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Someone on the Ventrilo server I've been on for a few years recently made a game called VisionQuest/VentQuest which includes me as a boss character in the Temple of Dysonism and a whole assortment of people that use or have used the Ventrilo server. Here is the map :heh:

Thats actually pretty cool.