N-Europe

I haven't turrned to Match.com just yet...

Josh64

Excuse me while I go throw up from the huge amount of corn in that post! :p

I don't really know. I want a relationship but I'm enjoying being single. Beng in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean you can't see your mates, thats what I'm looking for. My ex didn't really feel like mixing with my lot and then wondered why I felt no need to try hanging with her girl only mates after several meetings. The hypocrisy was killing me.

Its true though, people are too closed and see only their ideal.

When doing this they could pass the right people by, and miss out ona great relationship.

You have to give people a chance, and hope theyre willing to do the same for you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm used to my own company and enjoy the freedom of being single, at the same time I would like a relationship but going to places that you don't really like - in my case clubs - isn't a good idea, just because a load of other people go there doesn't make it the best place by default. :heh:

With that said I'd be open to trying more random places every once in a while but only if they at least interest me a bit, that way you can go along thinking well this could be a laugh at least and the possibility of meeting someone nice is a bonus... I see no advantage to going to places where you just know you're gonna be miserable. :blank:

Also with regard to asking people out... I've learned from my experience - I hope - and won't be asking out anyone from work again >.> a bit of 'harmless' flirting can be ok though if not overdone but going OTT with that stuff in the workplace isn't good; as far as I'm concerned I go to work to well... work lol so any nice conversation is just a bonus, of course it's important to have a laugh every now and then too when you get the chance, just don't forget where you are and what you're there to primarilly do... and I'm not saying that I have the time to stand around chatting / flirting at work - far from it infact as I'm constantly busy - but just very occasionally the chance arises and it can be enjoyable as it helps to break up the monotomy of certain tasks. ::shrug:

Incidentally you don't have to be single to be lonely by default and likewise if you're in a relationship there is no guarantee that you'll feel accepted and loved... indeed some people 'force' themselves into relationships just so that they can say they have someone in their life but if there are no real feelings there then you're kind of back to square one 'ne? :heh:

Plenty of women passed through the fires of my love, and some just did not make it out alive.

This is a disturbing mental image...or is it a thinly veiled way of saying you passed STDs around?

Anyway loneliness is just a state of mind :heh: I've not been in a relationship for a long time and I've only felt lonely because of a lack of friends (as in people you expect to be there just dissapearing, not being a larry no mates) rather than a lack of a partner.

Besides, I still stand by my statement I can't see what people want in a relationship that I don't get from other sources.

I am one of the people who waits for someone they actually like. As such I am very lonely :P I've met a few nice girls but there's always been some distance between us, for example the last girl I met lives in France, which kinda sucks.

What makes things worse is when your friends are all in relationships. Say, when one of them has this girl who is completely in love with him, but he will go off into town and get off with other girls, like one of our best friends sisters, then boast about it to that very friend! Some people waiting all their life for something good, then he just goes parading it around like a fucking novelty, pisses me off quite some. I will be having words of course.

Besides, I still stand by my statement I can't see what people want in a relationship that I don't get from other sources.

Sex with someone you actually care about? Even if I could find someone to have one-night-stand with, I don't believe it would ever be the same as having sex with someone I truly have feelings for.

But what do I know. ::shrug:

Say, when one of them has this girl who is completely in love with him, but he will go off into town and get off with other girls, like one of our best friends sisters, then boast about it to that very friend! Some people waiting all their life for something good, then he just goes parading it around like a fucking novelty, pisses me off quite some.

I hear ya. What a prick.

Sex with someone you actually care about? Even if I could find someone to have one-night-stand with, I don't believe it would ever be the same as having sex with someone I truly have feelings for.

But what do I know. ::shrug:

Yeah but I don't know what sex with someone I care about is like (not that I disliked anyone I had sex with, it was just never emotional), nor do I want sex with someone I care about because the concept of mixing emotions with sex just don't sit right with me.

(although presently I'm not in the mood for sex at all, but that's a different pie to eat later)

Yeah but I don't know what sex with someone I care about is like (not that I disliked anyone I had sex with, it was just never emotional), nor do I want sex with someone I care about because the concept of mixing emotions with sex just don't sit right with me.

(although presently I'm not in the mood for sex at all, but that's a different pie to eat later)

You're crazy.

Sex is better with someone you care about! Mixing emotions?I have no idea what is meant by that.

Sorry I just really wanted to use that video. Epic.

You're crazy.

Sex is better with someone you care about! Mixing emotions?I have no idea what is meant by that.

Sorry I just really wanted to use that video. Epic.

They're just such conflicting notions (in my head/life). Love is...loving and affectionate and something you do to someone you care about. Sex is rawr! :p

But then, I don't know what love is. I want yoooooou to shoooow me.

I understand where Ash is coming from.

Hes never done it with anyone for more than fun or pleasure, so in his mind it would seem weird to add another emotion in.

Once peoples minds are set, then its pretty hard for them to think about it any other way.

Ash is a sex machine and thats all there is to it :p

I don't get lonely that often, the freedom of being single is great! Though I do sometimes miss being in a relationship.

However, I find that it's when you get women flirting with you, only to end up being led on that really makes you feel lonely. That's happened to me a lot lately. I'm sure that it wasn't anything intentional, but it's still annoying. Another thing that doesn't help is the fact that I'm completely useless at asking anyone out, or I leave it till too late. I've only ever been in one relationship, and that was only because she told me to ask her out (which I wanted to anyway)...

Im the complete opposite and can only have sex with people who I am in a relationship with and close too. But then maybe im old fashioned :P

...Thinking about it, a one night stand sounds quite appealing :P

But then me being me, I am completely useless at asking people out and all that lark.

I understand where Ash is coming from.

Hes never done it with anyone for more than fun or pleasure, so in his mind it would seem weird to add another emotion in.

Once peoples minds are set, then its pretty hard for them to think about it any other way.

Ash is a sex machine and thats all there is to it :p

Thanks for repeating what I said...

Other than the last two parts, the first I don't agree with and the second which is no longer true :p As I said to my friend the other day;

"I'm off sex at the moment. Far too many people."

I have to say I disagree with Ashley. Sex is not just "rawr", though it can be just "rawr". :heh: I have no problems with one-night-stands and purely physical relationships as long as all implicated parties understand how things are . Still, sex with someone you love ... it's just the ultimate expression of romantic love! :yay:

But hey, this is coming from a virgin. I'm pretty much just making qualifies guesses based on own emotions and fantasies ...

See I don't see how sex can be the ultimate expression of romantic love. I can be quite romantical (I constantly supress my inner Ted Mosby) but sex is hormonal. It requires no real thought and its about physical need, and yes you can light candles and play soft music but I dunno, surely making it rain for someone is more romantic no?

(anyone whose not seen How I Met Your Mother may be confused)

I have to say I disagree with Ashley. Sex is not just "rawr", though it can be just "rawr". :heh: I have no problems with one-night-stands and purely physical relationships as long as all implicated parties understand how things are . Still, sex with someone you love ... it's just the ultimate expression of romantic love! :yay:

But hey, this is coming from a virgin. I'm pretty much just making qualifies guesses based on own emotions and fantasies ...

This is a bit of a personal question and I hope eet doesn't offend you: If a female offered to have sex with you, just a one night stand, would you go through with it? Or are you waiting for sex with relationship or lovings?

To me, sex is about the intimacy that you share with someone else. I think it's one way that you can show affection for the other person, that you just can't do with words. There's a rawness to it.

This is a bit of a personal question and I hope eet doesn't offend you: If a female offered to have sex with you, just a one night stand, would you go through with it? Or are you waiting for sex with relationship or lovings?

To me, sex is about the intimacy that you share with someone else. I think it's one way that you can show affection for the other person, that you just can't do with words. There's a rawness to it.

First of all, I agree with your opinion on sex. Yes, it's hormonal, but I have absolutely no problem mixing love into it - and to me it seems that it benefits from it! :D

Second of all, the question is not at all too personal. I'm pretty open about such things. :)

To answer your question: I really don't know. I have thought about it myself. The thing is, my hormones can really get out of control sometimes (read: too often ...), and in those situations I don't think I would have any problems having a one-night-stand with a female friend. But thinking about it afterwards, I do think I'd prefer sex to be with someone I love. Especially the first time. It's a big step, and I'd prefer it to be more than just "casual" sex.

Still, I'm really not sure myself.

People see sex in different ways. For many, it's just pure animalism, and letting out tension and all these feelings. For others, it could be about the sharing aspect, and giving a part of yourself to someone that you care for. For some, it's both, haha.

Ideally, I think everyone wants their first time to be this magical and romantic encounter. How many people actually have a good first time, I'd like to know, hehe. Mine was pretty good, as me and the ex said we'd wait six months before doing eet. So, we took our time, and that worked out. I didn't make love to her bellybutton by accident, so I'm grateful I just came out alive. Actually, I'm happy I came at all!

You made it sound like it was an effort!

A six month build up to an exciting night of virginity loosing passion... surely you were glad you managed to undress her without reaching lift off!

Haha, back then I was...some kind of machine. I must've had penis muscles like Arnie has in his arms, or something. It's a bit embarrassing because I went through a period of about a month or two afterwards where I just couldn't finish!