N-Europe

Battlefield 1943

flameboy

When I play properly i'm quite good, but lately I like experimenting.

One of my tactics is to stick some TNT onto a car, drive it into an enemy tank and jump out just before it hits it, I then detonate the TNT and get about 20+.

I kept doing it one game and in one situation the Tank tried to drive away from me. lol

Oh and when the enemy calls an airstrike I stick some dynamite to my plan, fly up to the enemy planes, jump out and then detonate. It is quite hard to pull off, but if done correctly you get 30+.

That kind of stuff is what makes the BF games for me. Silly/ridiculous tactics that rarely work but when they do the payoff is worth it. On the PC BF's there's tons you can do, but this felt more limited in that area too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I play properly i'm quite good, but lately I like experimenting.

One of my tactics is to stick some TNT onto a car, drive it into an enemy tank and jump out just before it hits it, I then detonate the TNT and get about 20+.

I kept doing it one game and in one situation the Tank tried to drive away from me. lol

Oh and when the enemy calls an airstrike I stick some dynamite to my plan, fly up to the enemy planes, jump out and then detonate. It is quite hard to pull off, but if done correctly you get 30+.

man, nuclear death jeeps are so good. I use that alot with my regular guys

Nice idea with that plane attack mind. I'm gonna try that.

Platty: play the Air Superiority for a while, you'll get the hang of the planes after a while.

That's what I did and I got pretty good. Only thing now is trying to time dropping bombs in time.

Just got the 100 games achievement. Got to the Silver Star rank. It's getting slow ranking up, getting about 300 or 400 points only raises you up about 20%.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad there's still loads of people playing this, the game is brilliant. I just can't believe the awesomeness of being a scout on BF. They equip you with a m3gat0n range sniper that's kinda hard to master but once you're away you can whip out some insane headshots/moving target kills and then if you find that someone has come to follow you, hide and use the explosives to kill the giant enemy crabs for massive damage.

The guada canal boat is a joy to behold, unless you fly onto it there is only one entrance so you can be picking people off, and then when you see them attempting to infiltrate just wait for them to scale the boat and then jump onto them from behind with a machete! That teases them so thecustomer has to come back for more, and there's this quality hiding place at the sinking mast of the boat. So while they are respawning, place explosives in key areas of the boat, wait for them to board and then wahey! If that doesn't work they won't be able to see you anyway so you can just fire at them with ease.

Had a good battle with some people in order to sieze the boat, but it was 2 against 1 so I didn't have a chance. Still managed to bomb them with a plane and headshot one from the opposite side of the map so it wasn't too bad.

I love it. £10 as well, jesus. Pure experimental fun.

I love this game :D I have a few tactics I like to use. One in particular is on Wake Island, the beach territory. Playing as a Scout, lace the place with dynamite and run over to the little island just off the shore. Get the rifle out and shoot any approaching soldiers whilst hiding in one of the bushes and then detonate when a vehicle comes. Takes everyone so long to spot you.

I'm glad there's still loads of people playing this, the game is brilliant. I just can't believe the awesomeness of being a scout on BF. They equip you with a m3gat0n range sniper that's kinda hard to master but once you're away you can whip out some insane headshots/moving target kills and then if you find that someone has come to follow you, hide and use the explosives to kill the giant enemy crabs for massive damage.

The guada canal boat is a joy to behold, unless you fly onto it there is only one entrance so you can be picking people off, and then when you see them attempting to infiltrate just wait for them to scale the boat and then jump onto them from behind with a machete! That teases them so thecustomer has to come back for more, and there's this quality hiding place at the sinking mast of the boat. So while they are respawning, place explosives in key areas of the boat, wait for them to board and then wahey! If that doesn't work they won't be able to see you anyway so you can just fire at them with ease.

Had a good battle with some people in order to sieze the boat, but it was 2 against 1 so I didn't have a chance. Still managed to bomb them with a plane and headshot one from the opposite side of the map so it wasn't too bad.

I love it. £10 as well, jesus. Pure experimental fun.

Was going to post in here and see this still had a large player base...as this was the game I was all over before I went away and wanna jump back onto it...Posts like this are great to read and see that people are still at it etc....need to get a PS3 night up and running for it.

I'm absolutely loving this. There's just no better feeling than getting some insane rifle shots off or even better, I got my first tank with bombs as a plane today. Just so awesome.

Really brings back positive memories of Battlefield 2 for the PC back in 2004/5. I really hope that they release more maps etc and that Bad Company 2 matches up to this!

If anyone's playing on 360, add me: Daz190uk, I'm playing it loads atm!

Been playing this today, first two games didn't got well only managed 3 points, but then I soon got back into and really enjoyed it again and was racking the points in. Love to just dip in and out and have the odd marathon session. Only thing I'm playing on PS3 at the moment...

I haven't played this game for a while because I got a bit bored of the 3 same maps! So migrated to the new COD map pack. However, reading this has reignited my thirst for battlefield action. I love the RIFLE class on this game! Its awesome! It's range is longer than you think at first. It's almost like a sniper without the zoom! It only takes two shots to take down an enemy and I don't care if people say it's a no skill weapon because I think it does require some skill . Definitely my favourite weapon. I hope they release more maps soonish!!!

oh and add me ! karl619

I kick arse with the rifleman. Unfortunately, I always seem to be on the losing team. Quite a few times I've gotten around 20 kills, capturing a load of points, to get myself as the best person in the match and the rest of my team is utter turd. One favourite moment was when I joined a game near it's end, my team was massively losing and I launched a one-man assault on the top of the mountain (on the long map, can't remember the name). I actually managed to take over the base and had the most kills/points on my team after 2 minutes.

They need to release more game modes for this. I can live with the 3 maps, as they are excellent. But adding something like Goldrush or some other objective based game would help prevent my waning interest, and I have not even got the 100 game Trophy.

I would love a non-respawning game mode, something like Search & Destroy, but maybe the maps are too big.

They need to release more game modes for this. I can live with the 3 maps, as they are excellent. But adding something like Goldrush or some other objective based game would help prevent my waning interest, and I have not even got the 100 game Trophy.

I would love a non-respawning game mode, something like Search & Destroy, but maybe the maps are too big.

I do admit despite it being the only thing I am really playing on PS3 at the moment. The lack of play modes doesn't lend itself well to long haul sessions.

Since i got the new TV the game is much better to control. I think the game has issues with added delay when it comes to scaling.

Very fun. Shame there isnt much content. But for those who want more you do have Bad company :) I hope EA fix the broken voice chat though.