N-Europe

Cyclists On The Road

Kirkatronics

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a very ignorant thing to say. There are bad drivers on BOTH sides of the genders. So thanks for that.

Agreed. I would like to call him a twat because I obey every rule whilst I'm driving, thankyou.

Within this week alone now, there have been roughly 10 people driving/reversing out of places/pulling out/not indicating and nearly causing mega crashes that i have seen with my own eyes. Out of these 10, 8 of them were of the female origin and the other 2 were over 70.

It was only yesterday i saw a female extremely hesitent at pulling out and when she finally did pull out, she stopped in the middle of the road suddenly causing the cars coming down the hill towards her to brake suddenly and shout out obscene comments. I'm not saying all female drivers are bad, its just in general.

Haha, i know what you mean.

In general they seem more polite whilst driving, especially to other younger driver.

No, they don't. That's what I am saying. They aren't polite because they don't acknowledge your courtesy, hence the oblivious remark.

They may be polite to other young 'uns because they're more than likely homies.

Additionally, the kids who I've had the pleasure of being driven around by, also enjoy employing the builder attitude whenever a tasty lass is passed.

Agreed. I would like to call him a twat because I obey every rule whilst I'm driving, thankyou.

I find the younger generation actually tend to be more polite when driving than the older generation. I see alot of see people in their mid 40/50's who are actually incredibly ignorant, won't indicate, won't say thankyou when you let them through.

I would like also the older generation, talking grandad/nana's etc, to take re-tests, I find myself almost disgusted with the way some of them drive, this doesn't include them all, but a fair chunk don't have a clue how to drive anymore and it worries me that the reason they drive 20mph everywhere is so when they see a kid in the road they have plently of time to stop because their reflexes are going.

This REALLY pisses me off, perhaps more than anything else and I usually end up shouting cunt or some other lovely word at them nice and loud :heh:

The old people thing annoys me as well, just this morning on the way to work I was following some little old lady doing 35 in a 60 zone, I was not impressed. Needless to say I overtook as soon as possible and gave her a nice glare whilst doing so, although she probably didn't even have a clue that someone had overtaken!

No, they don't. That's what I am saying. They aren't polite because they don't acknowledge your courtesy, hence the oblivious remark.

They may be polite to other young 'uns because they're more than likely homies.

Additionally, the kids who I've had the pleasure of being driven around by, also enjoy employing the builder attitude whenever a tasty lass is passed.

Some are oblivious where i am, but most of the younger drivers around here are polite when driving.

Within this week alone now, there have been roughly 10 people driving/reversing out of places/pulling out/not indicating and nearly causing mega crashes that i have seen with my own eyes. Out of these 10, 8 of them were of the female origin and the other 2 were over 70.

It was only yesterday i saw a female extremely hesitent at pulling out and when she finally did pull out, she stopped in the middle of the road suddenly causing the cars coming down the hill towards her to brake suddenly and shout out obscene comments. I'm not saying all female drivers are bad, its just in general.

So you see 8 females out of how many million in the UK and generalise them all. I'm sorry to say this but stfu. That's REALLY ignorant. Nothin pisses me off more than the whole male/female arguement.

There are bad drivers on BOTH sides. Jesus.

So you see 8 females out of how many million in the UK and generalise them all. I'm sorry to say this but stfu. That's REALLY ignorant. Nothin pisses me off more than the whole male/female arguement.

There are bad drivers on BOTH sides. Jesus.

Your right, theres bad ones on both side.

That specific day out of the 10 bad driver 8 were woman.

Personally i think hes trolling, and hes winning if he is.

Either it was a bad day for women, his prejudice made him only notice women, or hes making it up to troll.

Your right, theres bad ones on both side.

That specific day out of the 10 bad driver 8 were woman.

Personally i think hes trolling, and hes winning if he is.

Either it was a bad day for women, his prejudice made him only notice women, or hes making it up to troll.

I never make things up my friend, if i see it with my own eyes then i comment. That particular day there were 8 females driving, if i spot someone being an idiot behind the wheel i tend to notice.

And i don't notice just women, i do notice males doing dangerous maneuvers.

And to be fair, i saw another female nearly cause a crash today on the way home, she was parked 1/2 on the road (engine and bumper) on a blind corner. You couldn't see her until the last minute.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about cycles, of which one of them today cut the bus off on a junction where he was about to turn.

Edited by Jimbob

I never make things up my friend, if i see it with my own eyes then i comment. That particular day there were 8 females driving, if i spot someone being an idiot behind the wheel i tend to notice.

And i don't notice just women, i do notice males doing dangerous maneuvers.

And to be fair, i saw another female nearly cause a crash today on the way home, she was parked 1/2 on the road (engine and bumper) on a blind corner. You couldn't see her until the last minute.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about cycles, of which one of them today cut the bus off on a junction where he was about to turn.

If its a blind bend people should go around them a bit slower, to watch out for this. This is what were taught, so the other driver ws most likely to blame. I dont know if it was a man or a woman who hit them, but if you cant see where your going you have to slow down.

Insurance is most expensive for young males. That's a generalisation based in money on collected statistics. That tells us a lot.

I dont agree with this, the way i see it is that being a bad driver doesnt mean your going to cause accidents and having an accident doesnt make you a bad driver. To me a bad driver does much more than just cause accidents. They do much more; make people feel uneasy, and generally make it harder for others to drive.

I dont agree with this, the way i see it is that being a bad driver doesnt mean your going to cause accidents and having an accident doesnt make you a bad driver. To me a bad driver does much more than just cause accidents. They do much more; make people feel uneasy, and generally make it harder for others to drive.

Although no one can predict the future, and of course so many other things need to be taken into account when driving, like other road users, I think the only thing you could say is that being a bad driver could lead you to cause accidents.

You could be an awful driver, and never have an accident in your life. It's luck. You could also be an awful driver and kill someone on your first week of passing. It happens.

Parallel parking? What rules are they?

I think it's referring to non parallel parking. I imagine you have to legally reverse into a parking space (eg the ones at Tesco etc) so that it's safer when you pull out since you won't be reversing out of the space.

I'd be fucked in Germany then, I can't reverse park for shit. I like to think I'm pretty god damn amazing at everything else though.

On the topic of the sexes in driving: I've always had the oppinion than men have more skill behind the wheel (evolving as hunter/gatherer gives better reflexes etc), but women have the better attitude towards driving since they lack the arrogance of men. It's not really a strongly held oppinion of mine and I wouldn't exactly be gutted if someone proved me wrong, but it seems to make sense to me. Plus I only consider it trend, I'm sure there are tonnes of people that don't fit with it.

I think it's referring to non parallel parking. I imagine you have to legally reverse into a parking space (eg the ones at Tesco etc) so that it's safer when you pull out since you won't be reversing out of the space.

What if there's two, one in front of the other and both empty, would you be nicked if you drove through the other?

Parallel parking? What rules are they?

that's not relevant to that rule because you aren't directly reversing out onto a main road, you are turning out onto it and have a considerably better view.

you generally never reverse out of a parallel space anyway..::shrug:

Eevil, not really, unless you are causing a hazard doing so.

What if there's two, one in front of the other and both empty, would you be nicked if you drove through the other?

I imagine that would be fine since you'd still be going forwards when you left the space. You'd really have to ask the Germans though, I didn't even know the law existed until this thread. I can see the logic behind the law, but it seems a little excessive to me. It's not like you can see that well when going forwards out of a space either, especially when your in a low car parked between 2 4x4s or something.

Worryingly, I've driven in Germany and had no idea about the law. Chances are I broke it several times. You reckon these guys got a slap on the wrist? 3 cars in 1 space.

Edited by Goafer