N-Europe

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

MATtheHAT

Me and DeathJamm playing online. One of the very few (one) times I have actually beaten him. I am Noel Vermillion (the girl) and DM is Ragna the Bloodedge (the boy).

Sorry for the poor quality, and for some reason all my YouTube vids are always out of sync with the audio.::shrug:

Good video that though even though it's one of the ones I lost in. Quite proud of it and only had the game about 2 days.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame, as it's probably the best out of the bunch as well, lol. It's such a spectacular fighter.

It's Guilty Gear, right? Then, sorry, but no, it's tied for worst of the 4 with KOF.

Mv VS Capcom 2 is one of the best fighting games ever made and as for SF4, well, let's just say it's probably the best SF yet. ^^

It's Guilty Gear, right? Then, sorry, but no, it's tied for worst of the 4 with KOF.

Mv VS Capcom 2 is one of the best fighting games ever made and as for SF4, well, let's just say it's probably the best SF yet. ^^

Wrong. It's better than guilty gear, and it feels alot more free form with the combos that GG imo. If you see the experts play, you will realise how much depth is available, despite how easy it is to pick up and play. Right now, I have new ideas for combos I need to test, and I love the way that it feels like they are mine and not something I just copied, and then, the fact that they don't feel scripted (i.e. the developers made it so that particular combo was possible).

Really, more people need to judge this game without respect to GG as it's just so much more. That and things like how the net code works blows SF4 out of the water. I mean, playing against americans garners no lag, a lobby system that keeps you going back for more. Damnit, if i wasn't at work I would be playing it now.

You need to play and you will see just how awesome that game is. It's made of love, pure love for fighters and fighting fans!

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is good, but it doesn't touch BlazBlue. Vs is too random.

Too random? Boy, are you silly? It's just the most diverse/complete fighter ever made! I'm not saying BlazBlue sucks, but if you really want me to believe it's better than M VS C 2, you've got another thing coming!

^ Dude, I'm guessing Domster has played M Vs C 2 and so his saying that BlazBlue is better surely must be a testament to how good a game it is over that one. Like it's already been said, you'll have to play it for yourself to see if it is or it isn't.

^ Dude, I'm guessing Domster has played M Vs C 2 and so his saying that BlazBlue is better surely must be a testament to how good a game it is over that one. Like it's already been said, you'll have to play it for yourself to see if it is or it isn't.

When it comes to fighting games, I take the word of Shoryuken above anyone's. And M Vs C 2 is still king over there. And I agree. Plus, press response also indicates it's not even better than SF IV. But like I said, I'll see for myself.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing short of incredible, but better than Mv Vs Cp 2? Nope, I don't believe so.

EDIT

Well, I'm pissed!

I got to finally play this at a mate's house today... All fantastic as I expected, much kudos, particualarly liked that Arakune guy, really fits my style of play, I believe he'll be my main guy!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I went online, I was completely pissed, after a few matches, all I got was this little blue midget who kept hooking me into some silly infinte combo in which I could pretty much do nothing all fight long! What the fuck was that shit about? I thought this game was supposed to be super balanced!!!! WTF?

Also, that V-13 character seemed a bit too good...

EDIT 2:

Here it is, this is it! What the fuck is this shit? This needs to be patched!!! I predict the online will be infested with people playing this midget!

Edited by Oxigen_Waste
Automerged Doublepost

Well have to agree to disagree, but I've played MvsC2 and as awesome as it is, I myself can't see it as the best fighter ever. The most complete and well balanced game is Street Fighter III Third Strike, there's nothing that touches that game for balance and skill, and it has the awesome brilliant Parry system, which really I wished was in 4.

BlazBlue is just damn brilliant. Even having only 12 characters doesn't harm it because unlike a lot of other fighters, none of them are clones of other characters. They are so versatile and different.

Never got into any infinite combo, but all you need to do is barrier break it, it's a skill that sends your opponent away to the other side of the screen, to get space. Learn it :)

Anyway other fighters have had the same problem, Marvel included.

Edited by Domstercool

Well have to agree to disagree, but I've played MvsC2 and as awesome as it is, I myself can't see it as the best fighter ever. The most complete and well balanced game is Street Fighter III Third Strike, there's nothing that touches that game for balance and skill, and it has the awesome brilliant Parry system, which really I wished was in 4.

BlazBlue is just damn brilliant. Even having only 12 characters doesn't harm it because unlike a lot of other fighters, none of them are clones of other characters. They are so versatile and different.

Never got into any infinite combo, but all you need to do is barrier break it, it's a skill that sends your opponent away to the other side of the screen, to get space. Learn it :)

Anyway other fighters have had the same problem, Marvel included.

Yup, 3rd strike is probably the most balanced fighter ever.

12 characters is more than enough, I loved the game, rest assured.

Also, you can't break out of it, I tried Barrier Break, what do you think I am, a Magikarp or something? It's broken, apparently, I've been checking the webs about it and it seems that it's unanimous that it needs to be patched.

"That's what the clap is for, theoreticlaly a skilled player could loop with just Carl's air throw and 2C, but it would be escapable. The clap has the special property of being completely air unblockable (Hakumen's counter excepted), so if they throw escape they WILL hit the clap, and if Carl can get back to Nirvana fast enough (which a skilled player should be able to do) he can restart the loop."

MvC2 never had any infinite problems!!!

Still, this game is fantastic! I just hope that little loop thingy gets patched.

• 2 weeks later...

Really getting the hang of this now, even beating high 30's low 40's players. Although I have problems with good Arakune and Rachel players. Those two will be God Tier imo.

I love using Noel, she has such a good cross-up play, and she has some very easy combo's that can cancel into her Distortion Finish. Such as B, 6C (cancel second hit), 1C, 3C, 22C, 66C (cancel), JC, 246C, 246246D.

Or go into her D drive Chain Revolver from the dash (66C), which is utterly devastating when cancelled into her Distortion Finish. It takes about 50% health.

I hope this game gets a release in Europe, it is seriously good.

• 3 weeks later...

Extra moves and characters? This game is that good I will buy it again.

I wonder who the extra characters will be? Jubei and Kokonoe I am guessing. Although Hazama would make an interesting fighter. Maybe make one a charge character as there is none in this game.

Edited by MATtheHAT