NEurope
MATtheHAT

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

Released on the 30th in NA, definately going to import this one.

blazblue1.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (ブレイブルー, Bureiburū?) is a two-dimensional fighting arcade game by Arc System Works, the staff behind the Guilty Gear series. It was released on November 19, 2008 in Japan and November 20, 2008 in the United States.[3] It will later be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 30, 2009. It is a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. A playable demo was presented at AOU 2008. The game is currently released for the Taito Type X2 arcade system board, with a 16:9 ratio and 768p resolution

blazblue-3_00310171.jpg

I love 2D fighting games, I just hope more people play this than Battle Fantasia. Which, sadly, I can't see happening.

I want this, but have spent crazy amounts of money on games already :( Definitely will get this along with KOF and Tekken this year.

You're gay.

You know how you said your humour is hit and miss? Well thats a miss right there.

I want this, but have spent crazy amounts of money on games already :( Definitely will get this along with KOF and Tekken this year.

This and KOF are also definite's for me, Tekken is a maybe.

Anyone any idea if its coming out in PAL land? I could import it for my PS3 but would rather have it on 360 to play it with my SF4 Fightpad. Oh and I know what you mean about Battle Fantasia - I've had it since March and still have never found anyone online to fight with:cry:

You know how you said your humour is hit and miss? Well thats a miss right there.

But it was reference to your reply to me yesterday!

But it was reference to your reply to me yesterday!

I know, and my reference was a reference to your reference yesterday!

Anyone any idea if its coming out in PAL land? I could import it for my PS3 but would rather have it on 360 to play it with my SF4 Fightpad. Oh and I know what you mean about Battle Fantasia - I've had it since March and still have never found anyone online to fight with:cry:

I have just had a quick look around the forums, and it seems 505 games might be doing the PAL localisation again. Which would probably mean at least a couple of months, most likely longer. A few people are saying the 360 version is region free, although that could just be fanboy wishful thinking.

Oh, and honestly, the PS3 pad is pretty good for fighting games. Why not just get the Blu-Ray version?

Had my eye on this one for a while now, it looks stunning. If I had a PS3 I would be importing the beauty, sadly the 360 version isn't region free and i haven't heard anything about a PAL release.

Had my eye on this one for a while now, it looks stunning. If I had a PS3 I would be importing the beauty, sadly the 360 version isn't region free and i haven't heard anything about a PAL release.

Damn my Japanese 360 has RROD so I am gonna have to get that fixed before I can get this. Got a feeling we not gonna see this in Europe for a very long time.

The King of Fighters XII better be coming out soon after US/Japanese release or I am gonna be seriously pissed off.

Lucky we got Garou: Mark of the Wolves on XBLA next week to ease the pain..

IGN review = awesome.. Has this even got a european publisher yet?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/998/998860p1.html

Edited by khilafah

Wow, a 9.4/10 from IGN. I thought it would be good but not outstanding.

Can't wait to get my copy next week, especially as the first run will all be the limited edition versions, complete with the Blu-Ray/DVD and music CD.

Hey, I'm so desperate that I ask this question just everywhere. Does anybody know any internet game shop that could send the us version of this game to Europe? I've already checked some of the most popular shops ;/ I am from Poland and I'd rather commit suicide than not play this game...

lol, I knew I had forgotten about some of the major sites. Thx!

EDIT:

This item is not available for shipping to

# European Union

# Iceland

# Liechtenstein

# Norway

Damn...

Edited by Snake

Thanks, I'm now looking forward for the ps3 version to be available there. Once it is, I guess I also won't be able to resist ;]

Here them talking about this on N4G Radio, it sounds pretty awesome...not sure I have the time to invest in it though, which it deserves. Looks great and over the top...

One thing though. It comes with a bonus video disk in the ps3 version....that means region locked dvd for ps3 or will that (really it should be) contained on the blu ray disk?

WTF! Just bought a white DS3 pad from the same site! That's 80 quid (40 for controller + 40 for Blaz Blue) in the space of a few days! Not counting buying a few bits on ebay! GOTTA STOP SPENDING!

EDIT2: Blaz Blue sold out on PS3 from VGP. Well lucky I got in there when i did...

Edited by Deathjam

Yes that's nice but can anybody answer my question?

One thing though. It comes with a bonus video disk in the ps3 version....that means region locked dvd for ps3 or will that (really it should be) contained on the blu ray disk?

WTF! Just bought a white DS3 pad from the same site! That's 80 quid (40 for controller + 40 for Blaz Blue) in the space of a few days! Not counting buying a few bits on ebay! GOTTA STOP SPENDING!

EDIT2: Blaz Blue sold out on PS3 from VGP. Well lucky I got in there when i did...

EDIT: MY bad. OP's pic shows two Blu-ray disks plus two CDs. And IIRC Blu rays are region free.

Yes that's nice but can anybody answer my question?

EDIT: MY bad. OP's pic shows two Blu-ray disks plus two CDs. And IIRC Blu rays are region free.

Some are, some are not. It depends on the publisher, I think Warner are region locked, others don't bother. Just have to wait and see.

VG+ are having a second shipment of BlazBlue, apparently very limited. So if you are going to import this beautiful game, do it now.

Video Games Plus

hmmm actually tempted...

the special features;

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :

A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)

Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

sound pretty awesome...but can't really afford it having bought a Dreamcast and 15 games this year as well as a DSi.

video review on ign;

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14246582/blazblue/videos/blazblue_vdr_062909.html;jsessionid=qkm4lurue65d