Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Vroom vroom thread

MoogleViper

I'm telling you it's a very common problem with old model fiesta's. Most of the advice given by the mechanics is to just "clean it up and carry on driving". It's true that shorter journeys effects it more due to the car not having enough time to warm up.

I'll let you off for not believing us as you're not in the UK but I've done a quick search of Google and found the following thread for your reading pleasure.

http://briskoda.net/general-car-chat/mayo-ford-fiesta-1-3-a/137945/

Oh I believed you, it's just weird.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had the MOT the other day and the tread wasn't too great on the alloys, so put my steelies on. Also driving to Cornwall on Sunday, so more grip = good :D.

Yeah you'll need all of that grip for those high speeds you'll be doing on the M1/5

Also a good site for finding cheap petrol prices for a long route.

http://www.keepmoving.co.uk/fuel_info.aspx

I don't have a car yet! Going with my dad in a couple of weeks to get one ordered (avec finance) so that should be awesome. Getting my test booked for sometime in august so it should be arriving at a similar time. (if i pass first time - the pressures on)

I couldn't imagine driving without gears n stuff. Seems weird.

Maybe I'll post it if this thread is still alive or just bump the thread :P

@leeeet: I like the feeling of having control, maybe that makes me a control freeeak :D

It was a joke, any car you drive will have gears. How those gears are controlled is a different matter though.

Edit, What Moogle said.

Also, a yearly test....odd.

It was a joke, any car you drive will have gears. How those gears are controlled is a different matter though.

Edit, What Moogle said.

Also, a yearly test....odd.

the thought of driving with magical automatic gears is weird :P

(that joke went totally over my head - I'm a woman, what do you expect guyz)

Yeah anyway, I'm totally looking forward to having my new money drain. :yay:

Like mine. New catalytic converter = :cry:

Damn that sucks. Little trick though to help it pass the emissions test is to do oil change then just before the test bomb it down a dual carriage way getting the engine really hot. Helps a lot and the lambda (spelling?) sensor is nicely doing its job by then and it should sail through. Cats though are a different issue altogether....

Do you have to pay them for the test? If so...bleh.

Yeah of course. Nothing is free in the UK my friend.

In all fairness, the gearbox has naff all to do with engine oil. You're thinking about gearbox oil, which is seperate and very rarely requires any attention.ht.

I'm not thinking of that....because....I know...precisely nothing about cars. (Other than how to drive it, and that clutch seperates the gears)

I'm awesome.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!