NEurope

Oh no you didn't. :heh:

I'm pretty good with cars, I can fill up the washer fluid, petrol AND oil.

That's actually impressive. No girls I know can check/top up the oil. One of them just lets it run untill it starts making horrible noises, then figures it might need oil.

My sister can do all that stuff. Hell, she use to have to when she was driving the truck that burned oil. She didn't need oil changes, she just added more in. My mom knows a fair bit too, but tbh it's likely due to my dad being a mechanic.

My sister can do all that stuff. Hell, she use to have to when she was driving the truck that burned oil. She didn't need oil changes, she just added more in. My mom knows a fair bit too, but tbh it's likely due to my dad being a mechanic.

Thats what it needs most of the time.

Changing it gets rid of the dirty stuff though, make it run better.

Ideally, when you get a car second hand, the first thing you should do is the usual service stuff (filters, oil change, new spark plugs). I really need to service my cars.

I learnt most of the servicing stuff from my old RX7. It needed oil adding weekly (it was designed to burn oil), the plugs had to be taken out every time it flooded and I had to service it before I drove it to Germany.

Ideally, when you get a car second hand, the first thing you should do is the usual service stuff (filters, oil change, new spark plugs). I really need to service my cars.

I learnt most of the servicing stuff from my old RX7. It needed oil adding weekly (it was designed to burn oil), the plugs had to be taken out every time it flooded and I had to service it before I drove it to Germany.

They sorted all this out for me at the place i bought it from.

It even smelled of strawberries lol.

They sorted all this out for me at the place i bought it from.

It even smelled of strawberries lol.

Yeah, dealerships normally do all that stuff for you. I meant more when you buy a car from a private seller. I've only ever bought 1 car from a dealership. Oddly enough, I think that's the only car I've ever had that has passed an MOT first time. It's also the most modern though, so that's probably the reason.

Dealerships are better for buying quality cars, but private sellers are better for getting bargains but are more risky.

On a side note: I love cars. I don't think anything entertains me more than driving. It doesn't even have to be a fast car, my Scirocco is slow and it still entertains me no end. I've been obsessed with cars since I was a kid, but learnt to drive quite late (19 or 20 I think).

I also get massively offended when someone suggests trading in my car under the £2000 scrappage scheme. My cars pretty rare as it is, scrapping it for 2k off of a modern gener-o-mobile is a fucking insult.

Edited by Goafer

Heck I didn't even know I had a spare tyre. In fact I was 100% adamant that I didn't have one in there. A fact that my friends found most amusing.

"Fine, I'll give you the keys but I'm telling you theres not one in there"

You idiot. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive around without a spare tyre. May be wrong though.

TBF I've literally never been told or seen it been done. How was I supposed to know theres a damn secret compartment!

Course it doesn't house a tyre now........

TBF I've literally never been told or seen it been done. How was I supposed to know theres a damn secret compartment!

Course it doesn't house a tyre now........

1) common sense maybe?

2) my god you really are an idiot. The first thing you do when you've changed a wheel is GO GET A FUCKING NEW ONE!!!

You idiot. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive around without a spare tyre. May be wrong though.

I always thought that but apparently not, my car doesn't have space to carry one even if I wanted too.

1) common sense maybe?

2) my god you really are an idiot. The first thing you do when you've changed a wheel is GO GET A FUCKING NEW ONE!!!

I don't understand. Obviously we got the tyre before attempting to change the wheel? :(

I don't understand. Obviously we got the tyre before attempting to change the wheel? :(

He means when you take the flat tyre/wheel off, you should go get the tyre changed to a new one and put the spare back in the boot. The spare wheel/tyre should only really be used to get you to a place where you can get the flat one replaced.

It's not illegal to have no spare wheel. It is illegal to have an unroadworthy spare though. So if you have a bald spare tyre, merely throw it away and viola, instant legality.

General rule of cars. If your car has something, it should work. Windscreen wipers/washer jets knackered? Take the windscreen out and it's not a problem for the MOT. Bit extreme, but you get the picture.

Edited by Goafer

He means when you take the flat tyre/wheel off, you should go get the tyre changed to a new one and put the spare back in the boot.

When'd I imply I didn't? :(

Edit;/ Ohhhhh You fool, it was a Madeline McCann joke. I wasn't just saying it was empty.

When'd I imply I didn't? :(

When you said you didn't have a spare anymore. It implied the spare is still on the car, when it should be in the boot and a shiny new tyre should replace the flat tyre.

If the spare is the small, gimpy looking spacesaver type, you really shouldn't drive around too long on it. They're not designed for it.

Edit: Just saw your edit. That's a pretty subtle joke. I like it.

I thought it was illegal to not have a spare, make sense though.

I had to guess how to change my tyre the first time.

The second time i tricked james into doing it, the third time i got all vovered in oil and mud and grease etc..

Wank.

I know that, but there wasn't much of a point when she was putting a quart of oil in nearly weekly.

I know that, but there wasn't much of a point when she was putting a quart of oil in nearly weekly.

But it was mixing with the dirty oil.

On a side note: I love cars. I don't think anything entertains me more than driving. It doesn't even have to be a fast car, my Scirocco is slow and it still entertains me no end. I've been obsessed with cars since I was a kid, but learnt to drive quite late (19 or 20 I think).

I'm exactly the same, there is nothing like a great drive to put you in a good mood. I think the feeling of the drive is much more important than the speed (though it quite often helps!), as well well as the general feeling the car gives you being in it. There's heaps of old cars I'd love to have a go in even though compared to current things I know they'd realistically be crap.

Got mine back from the garage finally, got to take it back in next week though as they don't have the parts to sort out the broken air conditioning. They said that I can have a courtesy car as it's going to take two days to sort out. I'm hoping that as I had it done at Lamborghini London they might feel compelled to give me something amazing.

They also did an amazing job of valeting it inside and out, I thought it would be a good test of iPhone 3.0 camera:

3644215250_60a55b5332_o.jpg

3643409979_680373f2c7_o.jpg

3644216142_14d7ef566c_o.jpg

3643410639_8cf1046ff5_o.jpg

3644216824_dc7c0f79e6_o.jpg

3643411239_7c5f885637_o.jpg

Really hoping for some nice weather tomorrow. Driving back home for a surprise Father's day visit and it would be great if I can take him for a little summer's drive.

A week tops, luckily I rather enjoy cleaning it. It's actually surprising how well white cars hide the dirt, it keeps a clean look much better than my previous black car. Then you wash it and realise it was totally filthy. Polished up I love it!