NEurope

Yeah, Downing has got to pull his socks up, but I really think Martin is one of the best managers around to at least give him a chance to see what he's made of.

I remember thinking how Milner was going to be a big success in the future, but I really doubted him at Newcastle. I saw him and just thought to myself, "he won't be playing in the Premier League in 5 years time." But, it's amazing what having a good club and a good manager can do to/for you.

I'm certain Milner will move into the middle, so we'll have a MF like this:

Young-------Milner-----Petrov-------Downing

Are we talking right to left here??

Surely moving young to the right would allow him to play a more natural crossing game?

Indeed FLiNk, what an improvement he's made under O'Neil. He's like a different (much better) player.

Of course I'm talking right to left, you silly Baggie Boy. :indeed:

Well, you should have shown it that waaaaaay theeeen. You Bluddy Villan. :heh:

Nuh-uh, you should have paid attention to what I said in me previous posts. I clearly said Downing would play on the left and Young would move to the right. I trusted you guys to merely ASSUME that I meant from right to left.

Silly boys.

Nuh-uh, you should have paid attention to what I said in me previous posts. I clearly said Downing would play on the left and Young would move to the right. I trusted you guys to merely ASSUME that I meant from right to left.

Silly boys.

Read? Pay attention? On the internet? You are mad, boy!

I did read t'other post, but that's why your new one confused me. You see, I attack upfiiiield, not doooown. ;)

Well, my viewpoint was set as being in the Holte End when they're attacking that way in the second half.

Fair play. The important thing is that nobody died.

Can the new season hurry up and start now? Please? :(

Barcelona have officially lost it, if they really do pay 35 million + Eto'o and Hleb for Ibrahimovic

Barcelona have officially lost it, if they really do pay 35 million + Eto'o and Hleb for Ibrahimovic

If I were Inter, I'd take the money and run. Also, with Eto'o and Hleb!

That's an insane deal. Personally, I still don't understand why Barcelona are in a hurry to let Eto'o go. I like Ibrahimovic, but...I'd rather keep Eto'o, Hleb and the 35 million. He's not worth that.

I also forgot to mention...

This made my day! I really let out a big wohoooo when I read this.

I've missed the guy, and he's had a very, very tough time. But, when he's been playing, he's really done the fans proud. I wish him all the best and the speediest recovery.

I dont think Eto'o will leave. Eto'o has had no say in this and Barca have done it behind his back. I wouldnt be surprised if Eto'o decides to sit out his contract.

I dont think Eto'o will leave. Eto'o has had no say in this and Barca have done it behind his back. I wouldnt be surprised if Eto'o decides to sit out his contract.

He's got another year left, hasn't he? I really can't see him going, either.

Although, if he did go, Mourinho would be laughing all the way to the bank. 35 million + Eto'o and potentially Hleb as well? Barcelona must be in some sort of hurry to land Ibrahimovic.

Also, Adebayor has now signed for Manchester City. The 1-4-5 formation is looking ever more likely.

Greedybayor! Greedybayor!

Gave him 80 grand!

The cunt wanted more!

Greedybayor! Greedybayooooorrrrr!!

Got 25 mill!

To get him out the door!

Its wrong, I shouldn't be this happy to see a player leave. The blokes mentality was probably worse than Ashley Cole's.

great deal for arsenal as he is not worth £25m and why keep players around who only care about greed.

Man City are becoming a joke. How can you have so many strikers in once squad? Paying silly wages to players just so they sign.

What do you lot think the owners of man city expect this year? Will they demand CL qualification or Top 5 finish?

I think if Mark Hughes doesnt finish at least in 5th position he should be sacked as he has spent loads and he as no excuse if he finishes lower than everton, villa or spurs etc.

Edited by khilafah

Nasri out for a few months because he's fractured his fibula.. Fan-****ing-tastic..

So Owen is having a good pre-season thus far. Hope he doesn't do a Darren Bent and score all his goals pre-season and has a shocker when the prem kicks off.

Eriksson at Notts County as director as football, eh? What a crazy world we live in.

I suppose they do have, arguably, the best history in British football.

20090720.jpg

ROFL!!

Took a while for me to get it, then I remembered the news article with the tranny look-alike. Sheer genius.

Haha, that comic is pretty good. :)

Greedybayor! Greedybayor!

Gave him 80 grand!

The cunt wanted more!

Greedybayor! Greedybayooooorrrrr!!

Got 25 mill!

To get him out the door!

Its wrong, I shouldn't be this happy to see a player leave. The blokes mentality was probably worse than Ashley Cole's.

I'm not really surprised that Arsenal fans don't seem cut up about him leaving at all. Who do you reckon will replace him, if anyone?

great deal for arsenal as he is not worth £25m and why keep players around who only care about greed.

Man City are becoming a joke. How can you have so many strikers in once squad? Paying silly wages to players just so they sign.

What do you lot think the owners of man city expect this year? Will they demand CL qualification or Top 5 finish?

I think if Mark Hughes doesnt finish at least in 5th position he should be sacked as he has spent loads and he as no excuse if he finishes lower than everton, villa or spurs etc.

Mark Hughes has a bit task on his hands. Managing all of these egos will be pretty tough, I think. He's got a big squad and on paper it all looks good, but it doesn't always work like that. Something in my head just tells me that they won't finish within the top 5. I'm betting 6th position.

United's worst shirt ever?

It seems pretty bad in photos, but for some it seems less bad when I've seen it during the pre-season games. Not the best shirt, but I think it'll become acceptable in time.

Nasri out for a few months because he's fractured his fibula.. Fan-****ing-tastic..

Saw that earlier. Bit of a kick in the nuts considering Rosicky played the other day, doesn't it?

So Owen is having a good pre-season thus far. Hope he doesn't do a Darren Bent and score all his goals pre-season and has a shocker when the prem kicks off.

Haha, if he does that, I will cry. Although, he's looked pretty good, and is settling in well with life as part of the team. That's the more pleasing thing for me.

Platty, what do you think of Tosic? I saw the game yesterday, and his crossing wasn't the best (although one of his crossed did lead to the second goal) but he looks a lot better than I thought he would be. Very small guy, though!

Eriksson at Notts County as director as football, eh? What a crazy world we live in.

I suppose they do have, arguably, the best history in British football.

That is pretty crazy news. A tiny part of me thought that he may go to Portsmouth as their manager, as it would've made things pretty interesting!

Edit: Here's the John Terry look-alike.

transvestite_lucy_mbd210109display1.jpg

Lmfao.

Platty, what do you think of Tosic? I saw the game yesterday, and his crossing wasn't the best (although one of his crossed did lead to the second goal) but he looks a lot better than I thought he would be. Very small guy, though!

I rate Tosic and have high hopes for him. He looks quality and I reckon he will get more first team games this year but yeah his crossing needs some work.

I'm more interested in how macheda is doing. I think we will see him a lot more this season and I can see him doing really well. I think Fergie might be working up 2 sets of strikers looking at pre season like we had back in 99 with Cole + Yorke, Sherringham + Solskjaer.

I reckon it'll be

Rooney + Berba

Owen + Macheda

And I think that will work really well. Interesting timez.

Edited by Platty

Villa and Colchester drew 2-2 earlier. :hmm:

Not much to say other than that Colchester were 1-0 up at HT and went 2-0 up about 10 minutes in, then Sidwell got one back before some youngster I've never heard of named Adam McGurk got the equaliser. ::shrug:

Thought it was interesting, y'know: Villa V Colchester. Me V Noodleman. :blank:

Adam McGurk was a decent player on Football Manager 2008, I got him on loan and his goals got Barnsley promoted to the Prem. :)

A useful bit of information there.

Edited by kyletherobot