NEurope

Good, hate that orange faced twat.

I don't mind him too much. I can live with him existing. However, the most cringeworthy football moment I will remember for a long time is him at the KC, with a microphone in hand, singing on the day that Hull survived relegation. I doubt many people thought that was a good idea. Pukeworthy.

Also, looks like Senor Beckham may be out of the World Cup.

Also, looks like Senor Beckham may be out of the World Cup.

I'm gutted for him. I know he wouldn't have played a huge role but he probably would've been in the squad. It seemed like such an innocuous incident as well :sad:

Probably the end of his England career really.

Really upset for him! He works so hard!

From Capello's reaction 'a major blow' seems he was a cert to go aswell, which will just make it all the more aweful for Beckham!

Gutted for Becks, He deserves to wear the shirt more than any and has worked so hard to be in the reckoning for going to the world cup and probably would have gone. We'll miss him.

I don't think we will miss Becks that much in terms of what he can still offer the team in footballing terms BUT he was great back up and a real talismanic figure so in that way we will miss him :-(

I don't think we will miss Becks that much in terms of what he can still offer the team in footballing terms BUT he was great back up and a real talismanic figure so in that way we will miss him :-(

Spot on. He was never going to be anything more than a sub, the media going berserk pretty much sums it all up. If this means someone like Milner can go and put a decent shift in, then fair enough.

Yep. I still think he was good enough to be in the 23 man squad on merit but after all he's done for English football it would have been a fitting farewell.

Great performance from us tonight, Torres was a real handful and caused problems. Was so happy to see Aquilani score, I can see him getting into it now and putting in consistant performances. Bring on Scum United!

See Gerrard's going to get away with digging Brown in the back of the head, much like he got away with flicking the Vs at the ref last week, chinning that DJ and, now that Drogba's doing it less, being probably the worst diver in the league. Makes sense though, the FA don't need any more England players with problems.

Dunno where Liverpool fans get singing "He's fucking hard" from, soft shite makes a meal of every tackle and goes down like a sack of spuds if he feels a faint breeze.

Edited by BlueStar

Gerard has no shame, that Champions League Final dive is one of the worst I've ever seen. And I regularly watch Emmanuel Eboue.

Was at Liverpool v Pompey last night. A well needed result and it was great to see Aquilani score. :grin: Someone jokingly said it would be an easy win and probably 6-0, in return I called it as being a 4-1 with Aquilani scoring! Haha, if only I was a betting man. I didn't see this Gerrard kerfuffle at the time and only learned about it from the news. I think Liverpool can handle being without him if we have to.

Haha, Gerrard's getting found out now. I've disliked him for a long time, but I'm naturally biased.

There was one classic conversation a while back, about 2 years ago when I mentioned off hand that I thought Steeeveee was not as clean as he is made out to be. I got a couple of "errr, you're wrong" comments from a few mates, but I knew he wouldn't let me down in the end. ;)

I'm excited about tonight. I reckon Mourinho will keep his unbeaten record at Stamford Bridge tonight and send Inter through to the next round.

Fulham - Juve

Marseille - Benfica

Bremen - Valencia

Standard Leige - Pananthaikos

Liverpool - Lille

Anderlecht - Hamburg

Sporting Lisbon - Atl Madrid

Wolfsburg - Rubin Kazan

Europa League matches on Thursday.

Go to Coral.co.uk. Put all those games on 'over zero goals' and the odds are 131/1!

Go to Coral.co.uk. Put all those games on 'over zero goals' and the odds are 131/1!

How? Never been to the site and the only thing I can see is to bet whether there will be over 2 goals (presuming they haven't changed it)...

How? Never been to the site and the only thing I can see is to bet whether there will be over 2 goals (presuming they haven't changed it)...

I've just gone back on and it seems to have disappeared...

And now in my list of bets they've changed it to over 2.5 goals. Will be asking for my money back.

Edited by Charlie

Nice one, Milner. 2-1 to the Villa. First Premier League win in March in about five years. :bouncy:

Also, next season, we will see Doncaster, Preston NE and all the others join Portsmouth and perhaps Hull and Burnley in the npower Championship.

Stupid name. :laughing:

Just listened to West Brom v Swansea. Gotta say it sounded a very boring game.. neither side really went for it. However we made the attacking substitutions first and ended up winning 2-0. Excellent result :D

8 points clear of Forest now. 1 point behind Newcastle... although they have 2 games in hand over us.

I got told about the npower thing in either December/January by one of the women at work (i don't know how she knew). I was shocked to read that in the paper today; i thought it was already common knowledge.

Great stuff from Inter! I'm a Liverpool supporter yet I've got a soft spot for Chelsea as they have players that I like, however, this was greatly overshadowed by my affinity for the Italian game. :grin: Aside from five minutes before half time and five minutes after, Inter contained Chelsea, playing with a controlled passion I didn't know they had. Inter have failed to win in something like six games in a row in Serie A and lost at the weekend, so they've pulled that performance right out of the hat tonight, and looked like a proper team in the process. Its high time Inter stood up and were counted in Europe, they always choke.

Heres hoping for Man U to be drawn against Arsenal in the quarters cos that would guarantee the loss of another English side- hopefully dirty United. :wink:

Chelsea have likeable players, well thats news to me.

And please anyone but United, I'd take Barcelona over them.

How fantastic was Sneijder tonight. If Milito / Eto'o / Motta / Pandev could finish Inter could have won comfortably.

Oh pooey.

Unfortunately didn't get to see the game or even hear it. Was wining and dining the woman as its the last time I get to see her for a few weeks. Twas annoying because we were going to briefly visit the pub before the end but NO her girlfriends wanted cocktails >_>

But yeah, sorry I digressed. My dad said it didn't really sound clear cut as both side had chances, and apparently it should have been a penalty to Drogba? Anyone care to explain?

But yeah, sorry I digressed. My dad said it didn't really sound clear cut as both side had chances, and apparently it should have been a penalty to Drogba? Anyone care to explain?

I only saw the incident once on Sky Sports News, but he was basically rugby tackled in the box.. but I wasn't really watching that closely so that may be an exaggeration :heh:

How fantastic was Sneijder tonight. If Milito / Eto'o / Motta / Pandev could finish Inter could have won comfortably.

I'm quite a fan of Sneijder. Very surprised United didn't go for him when they had the chance. He's a good player and a hard worker. Put Chelsea's midfield to shame yesterday.

It should have been a penalty. Rugby tackle is the correct word that I'd use. Don't really know how the ref didn't see it, but there you go. Really, I think the result was the right one, a narrow victory for Inter. Inter had some great chances in the second half, but Chelsea had worked the ball into the box once or twice in the first, and would have scored if it were not for some last ditch defending. Some of the interceptions I saw yesterday...boner inducing. I fucking love good defending.

Barcelona tonight were not human. Don't think they even got out of first gear. The ball just sticks to their feet, all the damn time. I would love to watch them during training, I bet that would be special.