NEurope

Woah

Woah

WOAH there FLiNk

No love for the baggies.??? :shakehead

I'm not going to name every team evaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

But yes, the Brom, too.

That Mancester Derby score makes me sad face. :(

Sorry, just be glad Adebayors not playing or I would have gone for a city win.

Sorry, just be glad Adebayors not playing or I would have gone for a city win.

Really? Daaaamn. It's all down to the tactics, to be honest. We struggled against Arsenal because I think we didn't play the right formation. When we've played 4-4-2, the team looks so much more dangerous, and we're much, much better defensively, too. Playing 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 just doesn't suit us at all, imo.

So, provided we stick with 4-4-2, I still think there would be more than enough there to beat city. My face and my heart dropped when I saw the formation we were playing against Arsenal. We did the same against Besiktas mid-week and it just didn't work.

So what do you guys think about the 2 new referees in the Europa League and possibly CL and BPL?

I think Platini's making a good effort to make some things more fair, but then again, if he would accept video-replay, none of this would be needed....

So what do you guys think about the 2 new referees in the Europa League and possibly CL and BPL?

I think Platini's making a good effort to make some things more fair, but then again, if he would accept video-replay, none of this would be needed....

I think you said everything we were thinking in your very last sentence. If there were video replays, we wouldn't need this stuff. I mean, there were extra referees in the Everton game and still Louis Saha ended up getting sent off for very, very little. So, are these referees only for goal-line stuff?

Fuck me, Man U went 1-0 up in 2 minutes, now due to a goalkeeping error by Foster and it's 1-1 within 15 minutes.

Utterly shocking by Foster that, no excuses at all should have just cleared it. Lol @ the City fans singing Fergie, Fergie sign him up about Tevez

Edit: Good to see fergie still has his added time stopwatch.

Edited by Noodleman

What a joke! Me and my dad were saying there'll definitely be 4 minutes of stoppage time out of nowhere as Man Utd are playing. What do you know, there is and they play a minute and half past the 4 minutes. Abosolute joke. Man Utd picking up more points through bullshit refereeing.

What a joke! Me and my dad were saying there'll definitely be 4 minutes of stoppage time out of nowhere as Man Utd are playing. What do you know, there is and they play a minute and half past the 4 minutes. Abosolute joke. Man Utd picking up more points through bullshit refereeing.

Fergie's magic watch earns Man U another 3 points

article-0-00F96B8A00000578-36_468x329.jpg

Cruel, cruel refereeing for City.

What the fook. No way should there have been that much time added on!

Hahaha, love it :heh:

What a game. So may talking points but all will be saved till tomorrow. Fresh has to stay up late Australia to watch the games and is now very, very tired.

5-0 against Boro, I can't express how happy i am with that :yay:

As for United? They deserved the win anyway. Also I think the extra time added will be for the stoppage of the City goal + celebration..?

Whatever the reason, i'm not too fussed. I wanted to see a United win :grin:

Now if only Greening, Kamara or Gera could have equalised against Wolves :sad:

Spurs are being their special selves.

Not content with losing they seem to want to injure themselves.

Nice to see us play well after a European match.

The refs suck off the top 4 unbelievably. Man U and their magic minutes. And at 1-0 the worlds most blatant penalty and the worst ref in the world Webb who has fucked us over many times doesn't give it. Football is so bastard corrupt!!!

I can't even begin to express how terrible this day of football has been. The formation, shit refereeing, injuries. Joke.

The refs suck off the top 4 unbelievably. Man U and their magic minutes. And at 1-0 the worlds most blatant penalty and the worst ref in the world Webb who has fucked us over many times doesn't give it. Football is so bastard corrupt!!!

I highly doubt if that was a penalty-fault on Keane, Carvalho barely even touched him.... As a matter of fact, I find Webb one of the best referees in England.

Corrupt you say!? If you saw the semi-final Chelsea-Barcelona, it's corrupt indeed, but let's not get into that :p

Hopefully Drogba isn't out for too long....

I highly doubt if that was a penalty-fault on Keane, Carvalho barely even touched him.... As a matter of fact, I find Webb one of the best referees in England.

Corrupt you say!? If you saw the semi-final Chelsea-Barcelona, it's corrupt indeed, but let's not get into that :p

Hopefully Drogba isn't out for too long....

Ignorant Chelsea fans, as always. I admit we deserved to lose that match even if that penalty decision had gone our way. But that is a stonewall. If not, you're telling me he dived 5 yards from the goal, with a goalscoring oppurtunity. Don't talk shit.

Bluddy hell, what a game. My throat was killing. I was sure Fletcher had won the game and then Bellamy snatched an equaliser.

First off, what the hell, I can't believe how naive we were defensively. Foster in the first half, when he should have just booted it well clear. Then, Park and O'shea just do not get close enough to Bellamy, allowing him a shot relatively unchallenged. Then, Rio...I was nearly in tears at that point. Of all the things to do, why was he so reckless in giving the ball away?

The second half performance was fantastic, City were completely pegged back and very rarely even came into the game. Apart from a brief spell before half time when Tevez hit the post, I don't think City were posing too many problems...well, if you discount the shocking defending from United anyway.

As DuD says:

As for United? They deserved the win anyway. Also I think the extra time added will be for the stoppage of the City goal + celebration..? Whatever the reason, i'm not too fussed. I wanted to see a United win

Bellamy scored right before the 90 minutes were up, and kick off didn't commence until the 91st minute.

A lad over at the 606 forums had got the relevant times and such:

1. Bellamy scored at 89:55.

2. Play didn't restart until 91:04 because of City's celebrations, so the ref starts the time from then which makes it 95:04 at earliest that ref would end match.

3. Carrick comes on for Anderson at 92:30 and they add 30 seconds, which means the match finishes at 95:34.

4. Michael Owen scores at 95:24.

As for the four minutes, there were an awful lot of free kicks and corners that were given. Something like 11 corners, I don't know how many free kicks. Then, we used all three subs (one in injury time) and City used one. 3 or 4 minutes sounds about right, imho.

Saying that, it was really cutting it fine. So tense towards the end. When your team is chasing a winning goal, you pray and pray for more injury time. I can definitely see why many fans would be pissed, but considering what I mentioned above, I think it can be somewhat justified. Also, as another person mentioned on 606, the 4 minutes is also a minimum suggested injury time, so it's still up to the ref to blow the whistle. Would I have been angry if the ref had blown the whistle at 94 minutes or something? Probably, because given that the kick off didn't start until the 91st minute, that's a minute of injury time lost. However, I'd have been waaaaaaaay more pissed at Rio for fucking around with the ball to giftwrap City that goal. I'm still angry at him.

Hats off to Man City for contributing to a fucking awesome match. When they went forward and scored after Fletcher's first, I was shocked. Then, Shay Given gave an outstanding performance by blocking Berbatov about 2 or 3 times, then Giggs...I thought he had saved City once again. Brilliant goalkeeper. My throat seriously hurt from screaming because I thought Berbatov had scored on each occassion. Then, when Fletcher got the second, I blew the roof down. For a team to come back three times when going a goal down is a brilliant show of character, so I commend them for that. They gave a great performance against Arsenal last week, then the game today. They mean business. One thing though...injury time works both ways. City had enough time to go upfield and get the winner, and after they had scored their third goal, surely the ascendancy was with them? I do think it says something when you think that they weren't leading at any point in the match.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I was flying back from Belfast so missed it all. Last I heard it was 1-1 at half time. Then when I landed quickly hit up BBC sport on the phone and was like WOAH! Now seen the highlights and man what a game. Great Derby match. Rio was probably the most relieved player on the pitch when Owen scored.

I heard Berba was the most unluckiest player on the pitch and should have scored about 4 or so?

Edited by Platty

2. Play didn't restart until 91:04 because of City's celebrations, so the ref starts the time from then which makes it 95:04 at earliest that ref would end match.

You don't add the exact time the celebrations took after a goal man, if you were that anal about it every time the match stopped then the matches would last about 3 hours, the ball's only usually in play about 55 minutes over the course of a 90 minute match.