NEurope

Thats it ain't it.. its easy for a manager when the team is winning, lets see how Robbie gets the team to react.

The first 8 games, we've had a bit of luck. I mean we beat Forrest even though they mullered us and we didn't have a single shot on target.

I'm hoping Cech is back soon, as i think we're missing him. but while he's out i don't know why we don't just move Brunt back onto his left wing and let him get crosses in the box for us to attack.

Against you we played two big guys up front, Bednar and Wood, yet we played Brunt (who is an excellent crosser of the ball with his left peg) on the right.. that made no sense to me, especially when your keeper was an emergency loan who hasn't worked with your defence before. Put some balls in the box for him to deal with..? maybe i'm simplifing things.

Another problem we've got at the moment is our strike force. We've got plenty of options yet none of them seem to be hitting the net. It's a good job the rest of the team are chipping in.

Anyway, I don't want to rag the lads too much so i'll leave it there. Good luck with the rest of your season too :)

and come on the Baggies

:EDIT:

Also well played QPR :D

Shame you couldn't hold them the full 90

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

Managed to get my ticket for the North London Derby today, burnt a whole in the pocket mind you (£55 a ticket).

Rumours that Harry Redknapp was arrested today over money laundering allegations (possibly going back to the Amdy Faye transfer again), he's gone from 40-1 to evens on betting sites to be next manager sacked.

Rumours that Harry Redknapp was arrested today over money laundering allegations (possibly going back to the Amdy Faye transfer again), he's gone from 40-1 to evens on betting sites to be next manager sacked.

Is the bet focusing on Harry being "sacked" or Harry "leaving" his post to take on another one? There's another rumour that he may join Pompey again, but he would be a bit insane to do so. He's got a great thing going with Spurs.

I've not been particularly active following football news today (apart from a quick browse on 606), but I might stick on Sky Sports News in a bit to see what's going on.

Hmm, it pretty much rules out the possibility then that he could leave Spurs for Pompey then. Still, I wonder if there is actually any truth to him still being under speculation for funny transfers.

Pretty sure this entire "story" started because a couple of bookies stopped taking bets on him being the next manager to be sacked. This is usually caused by a few large bets or lots of small bets. The tabloid journos no doubt saw this and decided to make up a story.

As an aside a forum I went to managed to get Ribery to liverpools odds from 50/1 down to 2/1, during the end of the last transfer window, just by everyone chucking a quid on it. I imagine the sun had some super soaraway exclusive about him being nailed on to join as well, although I cant remember.

As an aside a forum I went to managed to get Ribery to liverpools odds from 50/1 down to 2/1, during the end of the last transfer window, just by everyone chucking a quid on it. I imagine the sun had some super soaraway exclusive about him being nailed on to join as well, although I cant remember.

That's brilliant, haha. Forum powaaar.

Also, weekend prediction tiiiime.

Saturday

Bolton 0 - 2 Tottenham

Burnley 2 - 0 Birmingham

Hull 1 - 2 Wigan

Man Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland

Wolverhampton 1 - 1 Portsmouth

Sunday

Arsenal 4 - 0 Blackburn

Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 3 - 1 Stoke

West Ham 2 - 2 Fulham

Monday

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Man City

I've got a feeling it's going to be an exciting weekend of football. The biggest game is looking like the Sunday clash between Chelsea and Liverpool. I'm hoping it'll be a good game, and my instincts tell me that Chelsea will grab a win.

Looking forward to the game against Sunderland. There were some good individual performances against Wolfsberg and I'm thinking that this will carry on into the weekend. I'm predicting a goal each from Berbatov and Rooney.

I'm gonna join in the predictions this week:

Saturday

Bolton 1 - 3 Tottenham

Burnley 1 - 0 Birmingham

Hull 2 - 2 Wigan

Man Utd 2 - 1 Sunderland

Wolverhampton 0 - 1 Portsmouth (more a hope rather than a prediction)

Not forgetting:

Preston 1 - 3 West Brom (boing fucking boing)

Sunday

Arsenal 4 - 2 Blackburn

Chelsea 2 - 3 Liverpool

Everton 1 - 1 Stoke

West Ham 0 - 1 Fulham

Monday

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Man City

Whats the betting i've just jinxed everyone :grin:

-----------------------------------------------

I might do the rest of the Championship later.

I was tempted to go for a Pompey draw, but I think it might be another week where they just can't convert chances. To be honest, they badly need to bring in someone with some spirit who can lift the club.

The Prestom-Brom score sounds about right. Interesting that you also went for wins for Villa and Liverpool. I thought about that, but then decided against them.

Putting Pompey down to get a clean sheet seems a little silly, but their fortune has to turn at some point and is there any team i'd rather see beaten..? maybe Newcastle :grin:

Liverpool and Chelsea are both gonna be up for the game, so i reckon there'll be goals in this one. I just think Liverpool will edge it though.

Villa, in my opinion, will get the points from City. Home advantage, a defender with something to prove against his former club, and a certain Gabby who seems to be finding the net again.

Finally.. The Brom score. I'm obviously slightly (maybe even very :heh:) biased, but i think i've been realistic. We need to make a decent response and the lads will be raring to go at Deepdale.

Saturday

Bolton 1 - 1 Tottenham (dunno why just a feeling)

Burnley 2 - 0 Birmingham

Hull 0 - 2 Wigan (cheerio tango man)

Man Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland

Added Bonus

Colchester 1 - 0 Huddersfield

Sunday

Arsenal 3 - 0 Blackburn

Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 2 - 0 Stoke

West Ham 2 - 1 Fulham

Monday

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Man City

Pretty sure this entire "story" started because a couple of bookies stopped taking bets on him being the next manager to be sacked. This is usually caused by a few large bets or lots of small bets. The tabloid journos no doubt saw this and decided to make up a story.

I was tempted to go for a Pompey draw, but I think it might be another week where they just can't convert chances. To be honest, they badly need to bring in someone with some spirit who can lift the club.

The Prestom-Brom score sounds about right. Interesting that you also went for wins for Villa and Liverpool. I thought about that, but then decided against them.

Just thought I'd put my Pompey thoughts down here...we are win tomorrow 2-0 its time for our luck to turn....as for soap opera that is Al Fahim and his being rushed to hospital with kidney stones...what a penniless prick.

On the stuff about Harry...I heard on Monday that an un-named premiership manager had been arrested thought to be Redknapp... Peter Storrie has apparently been called in for future questioning as well...Further rumour has it that this sundays News of the World will have a massive exclusive on it.

Just thought I'd put my Pompey thoughts down here...we are win tomorrow 2-0 its time for our luck to turn....as for soap opera that is Al Fahim and his being rushed to hospital with kidney stones...what a penniless prick.

On the stuff about Harry...I heard on Monday that an un-named premiership manager had been arrested thought to be Redknapp... Peter Storrie has apparently been called in for future questioning as well...Further rumour has it that this sundays News of the World will have a massive exclusive on it.

Doesn't Harry have a column for the News of the World? It's bluddy brave of them if they do plan to go for an exclusive with that in mind...

If the game was at Fratton Park, I'd have gone for a Pompey win. If they did win, I would be so happy for you, Flamers. It would be a huge lift for the team. However, my gut instinct tells me that this might just add insult to injury and maybe round off a bit of a crap week. Interestingly, your next game is against Spurs at home...imo, that would be a bluddy awesome kickstart to the season if you got a victory there.

Might as well give my predictions as well:

Saturday

Bolton 1 - 1 Tottenham

Burnley 2 - 2 Birmingham

Hull 1 - 2 Wigan

Man Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland

Sunday

Arsenal 3 - 0 Blackburn

Chelsea 1 - 3 Liverpool

Everton 2 - 0 Stoke

West Ham 2 - 0 Fulham

Monday

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Man City

Doesn't Harry have a column for the News of the World? It's bluddy brave of them if they do plan to go for an exclusive with that in mind...

If the game was at Fratton Park, I'd have gone for a Pompey win. If they did win, I would be so happy for you, Flamers. It would be a huge lift for the team. However, my gut instinct tells me that this might just add insult to injury and maybe round off a bit of a crap week. Interestingly, your next game is against Spurs at home...imo, that would be a bluddy awesome kickstart to the season if you got a victory there.

Yeah I hear you, never been so depressed about football ever...in the last view weeks I've kinda been in denial thinking its alright it'll sort out, but its clear things aren't gonna sort out and we are really in risk of breaking Derby's record for the lowest points total as well as going into administration.

And roll on spurs we will beat them and their scummy manager.

Yeah I hear you, never been so depressed about football ever...in the last view weeks I've kinda been in denial thinking its alright it'll sort out, but its clear things aren't gonna sort out and we are really in risk of breaking Derby's record for the lowest points total as well as going into administration.

And roll on spurs we will beat them and their scummy manager.

Don't be silly lad.

play up pompey, pompey play up!!!

God mental! I feel like I we have just won the league! honestly feeling quite emotional. Listened to it on quay fm and was gripped

Saturday

Wolverhampton 0 - 1 Portsmouth

The only result i've got right so far... and what a result to get right.

play up pompey, pompey play up!!!

Indeed :D

I was happy with our point from Preston, as the team gave a much better account of themselves than at Barnsley. We were still a bit sloppy at times, especially in the final third, but Preston played well and i think a point a piece was fair enough.

I haven't checked the other Championship results, so we'll see if i'm still as happy in a minute or two...

:EDIT:

Not too shabby. Wins for Boro and Cardiff means things tighten at the top, but i reckon a point at deepdale is better than a point at home against Bristol City :grin:

Edited by DuD

Sunderland down to 10 men. 2-1 ahead against Manchester united with 5 minutes to go. I don't think Sunderland can hold out now.

I'd like to see Utd win, but i don't think i could stand the resulting debate if they scored in injury time :heh:

I'd like to see Utd win, but i don't think i could stand the resulting debate if they scored in injury time :heh:

And yet somehow they've done it again!!! Geez when will teams learn to play until the whistle blows!!!