Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Move

dwarf

I think it would be great if a game like God of War had a mode where you could play through it with the motion stuff but make the game for the DS3.

I don't think that sounds like too crazy an idea.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah games should be based around it. I mean my library could benefit from them (i.e. point and shoot) but otherwise it isn't so necessary. God of War would be quite good but I like the idea of a detective game or something.

Yeah I don't see how they could use it with the standard PS eye. At the moment there isn't a way it can connect with the controller no?

How do you mean? I was under the impression it was just the standard PS Eye available at the moment. I don't see any reason why they would need a new one.

Well how does the PS eye have a clue what the controllers are? Does the PS3 read it from the camera or does the camera have to read it to relay to the Playstation? Time will tell. It sounded from the conference you wouldnt need anything new.

It would just be updated software that worked out what the controllers are, the hardware has very little to do with it. In theory any camera that had a high enough resolution could be used in it's place.

Yeah the difference with Natal is that it has a second camera for depth. Other than that the PSEye is very capable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8083046.stm

BBC trying out Eyepet. I have a feeling Natal had made this game more popular than ever lol. This is a real product though. PSeye gets a new lease of life.

Edited by Choze

My main problem with Natal is it's just a very very sophisticated Eye-Toy, and that didn't get boring because it was rubbish, it got boring because it just doesn't fit that well with regular games. I really think MS have gone completely the wrong route with this where Sony have taken what Nintendo did and improved upon it.

The thing with Natal though is just because there's no requirement for a controller doesn't mean you can't use one. It's completely up to the game developer, the system could work in conjunction with the Xbox 360 pad or maybe with some form of one handed controller. If devs choose to make it EyeToy 2.0 it'll suck donkey balls but I don't really see it. Most will cross develop for PS3 and 360 like they are at the moment and work around the differences between the two techs. Not to say there won't be EyeToy style games for it, it's just that the system has the flexibility to do both (just as the PS3 has, although not in such an advanced way).

Unlike Wii motion plus it was 1:1 with the player's movements and tracking much faster and accurately. You could get the arrow from behind your back. Use the stick precisely around the tv.

You do not know the specs for both and so you cannot say weather one is better than the other. The arrow from behind your back can easily be done with another wii-mote. The stick did not work around the TV because the camera wasn't pointed around the TV, the stick only works where the camera points. They are the same, stop saying one is better because there is no way you can know.

As i said its an extra camera on the Natal that measures depth. Its not super sophisticated. There are many companies dealing with this stuff. None of the tech on any of the systems this gen are really that unique ;)

Whats more interesting to me is really the approach of MS compared to Sony. MS want specifically the casual Wii market going by e3. MS have been de-investing in hardcore development and investing in casual companies/teams. They are promoting Natal as their ticket. So expect this to be their future direction long term.

You do not know the specs for both and so you cannot say weather one is better than the other. The arrow from behind your back can easily be done with another wii-mote. The stick did not work around the TV because the camera wasn't pointed around the TV, the stick only works where the camera points. They are the same, stop saying one is better because there is no way you can know.

We do actually have some specs and a good idea of how they work as many work for companies that use tech like these. The PS3 1:1 thing doesnt use the PSeye camera as much as you are thinking, that wasnt the point of their presentation. Its just an underrated element of the whole thing that already exists right now with games. e.g look at Eyepet out very soon.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

We do actually have some specs and a good idea of how they work as many work for companies that use tech like these. The PS3 1:1 thing doesnt use the PSeye camera as much as you are thinking, that wasnt the point of their presentation. Its just an underrated element of the whole thing that already exists right now with games. e.g look at Eyepet out very soon.

Are you saying they don't need the camera? Prove it!

The glow-batons are basically WM+ Wiimotes, with the camera used for extra positioning. Its effectively allowing both glow-batons to use the wiimote pointer functionality without having to do any pointing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!