NEurope

I knew I suck at driving games (especially at driving simulators) but man...I didn't think I'd suck this much.

I can't get a gold trophy in the National License Event 5 (Basic Cornering Theory - Slow in, Fast out). :( Tried it about 30 times (seriously) last night and just couldn't do it...

I'm considering getting a wheel for Christmas. Right now I don't have the moneys...playing with a pad is ok, I guess, but a wheel would be awesome.

Oh and: If there's anybody who hasn't added me already, feel free to do so :) ID is on the left.

OMG much love for the TVR!

Its sexy. Nice beast to tame. I have over 30 cars now. Mostly unlocks and mid tier ones.

My dad come over last night and I showed him the game. He actually really likes it compared to the Wii stuff. When it comes to cars I guess alot of people have good knowledge.

Will have to get the steering wheel. Hopefully early December.

My favourite part of the game has to be the Grand Tour of Italy. So many awe moments in that(and unlocks). Loved the part where you start on a long but very wide and winding Tuscany motorway at sunset with a Lamborghini Murcielago. It turns into night and becomes a night time course where its hard to see ahead. In the sky you see fireworks and it just feels like you could relax and just enjoy the drive forever. Thankfully its very long :)

Funnily enough despite playing so much I still have not touched the Track Creator, Bspec, Photo travel and raced online. Its huge...

I've still not decided whether to get this. I usually wouldn't as I'm not into Sim racers just don't find it as enjoyable as arcade racers, I only ever played GT1. I am amazed by the sheer volume of people on my friends list playing it, I didn't expect so many I mean it happens with every exclusive release but not to this extent. I wouldn't be getting it until after xmas anyway!

Tried it yesterday. Still not my thing. I think I'll probably get Hot Pursuit instead.

yeah for me its probably a straight pick between the two unlikely I would pick up both.

Some pictures look absolutely amazing, could pass off for real life. Some things however are a bit stupid that they can have so much detail in so places and little in others.

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Look at the tire tracks, there's a big drastic square turn.

Few pictures, they're not very good, but i felt like posting a few :heh:

azur.jpg

azur1.jpg

suzukacircuit.jpg

suzukacircuit1.jpg

suzukacircuit2.jpg

Few pictures, they're not very good, but i felt like posting a few :heh:

naamapalmu5.gif

Here is a tip for you, before snapping a pic change the camera framerate to max (8000 I think).

This will give you blur free pics.

Edited by Cookyman

I wanted abit of motion in there, but i think there's a little too much, just need to get the right balance.

^ Holy crap.

Got to level 21 a little while ago, with my main cars being a Mercedes SLS AMG, Audi R8 and my recently purchased Mclaren F1 :yay:

All fully tuned up and kicking arse. The only races i can't win with them (not sure about the Mclaren) are the recent unlocks with the racing cars. I don't stand a chance yet :(

I've also found a great race for exp and money, 4.7k exp and 59k credits a time. You need to be level 20 though.

Edit: By the way, the last Top Gear Event is INSANE, you'll know what i mean when you get to it.

Now thats just showing off!

lol thats great.

Got some new pics: I've been messing around more today as opposed to leveling up. Did the penniless trophy. Was easy :p

alaskasnow1.jpg

toscanatarmac3.jpg

toscanatarmac8.jpg

toscanatarmac15.jpg

Lovely lovely ride. :) Its on the Grand Tour.

specialstageroute56.jpg

caperingperiphery1.jpg

Edited by Choze

You are wrong about the AI. They dont rubberband and they are very dynamic. Maybe not so much early on but they are aggressive later.

I did hear they got better later on. But there is almost certainly rubber band AI happening early on. I was hooning round, generally being ace and the other cars were still close behind. Fair enough I thought, they might be equally ace. But then I span out quite badly and they shot off. In most games, that would take quite some time to catch up again, but I had caught up within two corners. Their pace had definitely changed considering they were keeping up with me when I was doing quite well.

I'm quite liking B spec mode. I like constantly telling the guy to go faster and watching him slide all over the place trying to keep up with my demands. Poor bastard.

Edited by Goafer

I did hear they got better later on. But there is almost certainly rubber band AI happening early on. I was hooning round, generally being ace and the other cars were still close behind. Fair enough I thought, they might be equally ace. But then I span out quite badly and they shot off. In most games, that would take quite some time to catch up again, but I had caught up within two corners. Their pace had definitely changed considering they were keeping up with me when I was doing quite well.

I'm quite liking B spec mode. I like constantly telling the guy to go faster and watching him slide all over the place trying to keep up with my demands. Poor bastard.

I have had events where my car could not keep up despite being upgraded.

B spec is quite cool. Got a second driver now and unlocked afew cars whilst earning lots of credits. Might do this abit before going back to A spec. I noticed you can now have drivers available for online.

I've experienced very bad rubber banding in the last NASCAR challenge, i can't do it because of this, they're just too quick :mad:

Also, i just got the Bugatti Veyron, it's fast as hell but it corners like an artic making it useless for most races.

Got every gold trophy in the first two licenses. Geez, what a night :D

Before I'll tackle the next license I'll probably do some A-Spec or B-Spec races.

I still cant get into this game, got to buy some different cars to do the rest of the beginner races.

I really need to get some pics up sometime, i take it the ones posted are by using that Media Share thing?

Update: Finally got to level 25 today and unlocked the endurance races. Grinded exp and money last night and this morning for hours so i could get the mazda race car and a few extra bits. Suppose i need to save up for an F1 car sometime but alas my week off is over :(

This game is addictive.

Edited by Arnieboy

I really need to get some pics up sometime, i take it the ones posted are by using that Media Share thing?

Update: Finally got to level 25 today and unlocked the endurance races. Grinded exp and money last night and this morning for hours so i could get the mazda race car and a few extra bits. Suppose i need to save up for an F1 car sometimem but alas my week off is over :(

This game is addictive.

Nope, i just saved them to my XMB, then copied to a memory stick. What's this Media share?

I just saved mine to the dashboard, then transferred them to my PSP's memory card. Then just wanged the memory card in the PC and took them off. That way I could give them a bit of a tweak in Photoshop before uploading them.

Edit: Forgot to mention, my B Spec driver is named "T. Waters". It came up in the random name generator thing and I just had to have it. I spend most of my B Spec races hollering "Go Twatters!" and piling on the pressure to get him to drive faster than he can manage. Good ol' Twatters.

Edited by Goafer

This is now too much, the Elise pictures above not only make me sad I don't have the game but I miss my car too.

I'm staying out of this thread until I have the game myself.

Nope, i just saved them to my XMB, then copied to a memory stick. What's this Media share?

Ah never thought of that. Pretty obvious solution too, thankyou both.

Erm it's something you can toggle on and off in the settings and when both your pc and your ps3 are on and all is configured you get something in the task bar that says 'allow media sharing' or along those lines. It shares media between the pc and the ps3, although i quickly googled it and apparently it may only be pc->ps3.

I hit lvl 20 but now working on finishing lower events and B spec. So many good name combinations. B-Spec has killer unlocks from the Delorean to Photo mode locations so far. Already have a second driver.

Tried photo travel first time and its impressive. Got a Ferrari 458 Italia(had to) and I am broke again. Crazily enough I still havent touched on some of the modes. Need to try Drift mode too. Feels crazy that I have played this game constantly and still have loads left. i would have been through tons of games by now normally.

Online has been very good so far. Have not had any lag at all yet. Worth pointing out that quality of races(star rating) is what determines the rules. 0 star means bumping, going over grass etc. are fine. Low level stuff. 4 stars will have penalties for over the top bumping or cutting corners. Have not tried 5 stars. Want to try karts or something online. We should create a lobby(put code here) or meet on someones.

Edited by Choze