NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Not once have I heard them say that.

I'd say there was a 75-96% chance he was joking.

New artwork and screens:

jqn8mu.jpg

9lldsi.jpg

2m9pxy.jpg

1z6wlt2.jpg

j9ynlv.jpg

sqm361.jpg

2cr1pfo.jpg

wmo1n7.jpg

2u8xhlg.jpg

28aubuu.jpg

Edited by Dante

I'd quite like to see more of the Mario cast in this one, even in cameo form. Obviously we get Yoshi, which is cool, and Peach is there...but it would be nice if they tried to integrate the other heroes a bit more.

Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

2cr1pfo.jpg

Boy, this is so brilliant. I love the colour palettes here. Oh, and the fact that boss makes a freaking train noise. Hilarious :D

Edited by LostOverThere

I'd quite like to see more of the Mario cast in this one, even in cameo form. Obviously we get Yoshi, which is cool, and Peach is there...but it would be nice if they tried to integrate the other heroes a bit more.

Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

Not at all, not at all. I for one would especially like to see the Wario Bros. get a special galaxy of their own. Here, Mario faces off against typical Wario and Waluigi -esque enemies and clever puzzles. PIE, CUPCAKES AND MONEY!

Probably not going to happen, but what IF it did:grin:

Japan gets a "My First Super Mario Galaxy 2" DVD with the game.

gotyjpn.png

Edited by Dante

Not at all, not at all. I for one would especially like to see the Wario Bros. get a special galaxy of their own. Here, Mario faces off against typical Wario and Waluigi -esque enemies and clever puzzles. PIE, CUPCAKES AND MONEY!

Probably not going to happen, but what IF it did:grin:

It's actually criminal that there hasn't been a Super Wario Bros. game or something by now.

They're both more interesting and fun than Mario. Wario is a living comedy legend. A game solely with both of them could be quite hilarious.

It's actually criminal that there hasn't been a Super Wario Bros. game or something by now.

They're both more interesting and fun than Mario. Wario is a living comedy legend. A game solely with both of them could be quite hilarious.

Everyone in the world knows who Mario is, only the fanboys know who Wario is.

HQ Scans:

sm2t.jpg

smgy.jpg

smg4.jpg

smg3.jpg

The start of the game is "Princess Peach's letter pops up, inviting Mario to the castle. He pops out of the pipe with "its-a me, Mario!" and begins the sidescrolling 1-1 level. Than a luma shows up, tells him that Peach is in trouble, and *dramatic chord* the camera shifts to 3-D"

New screens:

SuperMarioGalaxy2_06.jpg

SuperMarioGalaxy2_07.jpg

Edited by Dante

Everyone in the world knows who Mario is, only the fanboys know who Wario is.

What's wrong with making games for the fanboys? It's not like the whole world knows who Samus is. Give Wario the love he deserves. :heh:

So Bowser is the baddie again, hardly a surprise but confirmation at least.

The hub world actually looks quite fun, if a little small

Those 2D levels look interesting. Reminds me of the 'retro' levels from Sunshine, which I personally thought were brilliant.

SuperMarioGalaxy2_06.jpg

Giant World is back :D

It's known as Supermassive Galaxy (couldn't help humming Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" briefly before realising the Nintendo drones were hanging around behind me like lingering smells), it was one of the demo levels at the Nintendo Media Summit. It was pretty damn awesome indeed.

I wish the text could be translated. It would be interesting to read what the "STORY" box says. Especially since it looks like the game will start with the letter from Peach (pic 1) and then follow with 2D Mario with starbits coming out of the ? blocks.

Actually that 2D Mario world looks fantastic from what we can see. The detail and style is amazing, I wish NSMB Wii looked like that.

Articles about Galaxy 2 have talked about the journos being sworn to secrecy on big aspects of the storyline, there must still be a lot to reveal...

The story mentions that Peach has baked a cake for Mario and ask him to join her to watch the stars and the game jumps right in at World 1-1 level.

would be kinda cool if they merged 2d with the 3d.. Only problem is marios controls in 3d might not work that great on a 2d plane.. but in fairness its probably just one level.

Them shots look amazing! I can't wait for this! I downloaded Super Mario 64 a few days ago just to get that good Mario feeling back and I've got back to Rainbow Ride, oh the memories! If there are any levels as original as that this game will be amazing.

This game just looks better every day!

June 11th is too far away!

The start of the game is "Princess Peach's letter pops up, inviting Mario to the castle. He pops out of the pipe with "its-a me, Mario!" and begins the sidescrolling 1-1 level. Than a luma shows up, tells him that Peach is in trouble, and *dramatic chord* the camera shifts to 3-D"

Wow. Am I the only one who thinks this is truly fantastic? Seriously, it shows the transition from 2D to 3D - just like what actually happened to Mario games. I dunno, maybe I'm just picturing it with orchestral music being all epic and such.

Hopefully it's good. The beginning of Galaxy 1 was odd. "Walk down a short narrow road until the CGI cut-scenes play"

This game is the only reason I haven't sold my Wii yet. Sure hope it'll be as good as it looks.

Oh and that fat, purple Luma looks brilliant.

Giant World was my favourite world on SMB3, cool to see the idea re-revisited.

System seller if the gaming world weren't full of casuals...seriously this looks just as amazing as the first! Cannot wait for it...the Wii will always be remembered for the Zelda's and Mario Galaxy's in my opinion! :D

Seems Player 2 can control a Luma

assist_img_1.png

Edited by Serebii

Seems Player 2 can control a Luma

assist_img_1.png

Yep, in the scans he acts like a weapon ie Yoshi Island egg move.

Orchestrate Super Mario World Ghost house and Mario 64 Bowser Stage theme . :D

Translation of Peachs letter from the scans.

Peach's Invite reads:

Dear Mario,

Do you fancy watching the shooting stars, whilst eating cake?

I'll be waiting at the castle.

Peach.

The story stuff reads:

'This is one more stardust fairytale. Only once in a hundred years does stardust fall on the mushroom kingdom. As such, Peach invites Mario to the castle to watch. On his way over, Mario spots a mysterious light. He cautiously approaches it, and finds... a small, lost baby star. The star - 'Baby Chico' - follows Mario to the castle, but what is waiting for them there is...'