Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Fit Plus

Retro_Link

It looks very poorly photoshopped to me. Saying that, I would definitely buy one.

I'm still baffled why Nintendo didn't incorporate balance board compatibility into Wii Sports Resort. Using the balance board for cycling with remote on side for steering seems a better option than moving the remote and nunchuck up and down

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yeah, those aren't Mii's.

"Hi, we're Data Design Interactive. You may remember us from such atrocities as Ninjabread Man, Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing, and Kidz Sports – Crazy Mini Golf."

Surprisingly cheap. Americans who already own a board will be able to pick up Wii Fit Plus separately for $20 (£12 / €14). Out 4th October over there. No Euro date yet.

£20 over here then. Still, good price. I was expecting to pay £30 for it.

• 2 weeks later...
"Hi, we're Data Design Interactive. You may remember us from such atrocities as Ninjabread Man, Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing, and Kidz Sports – Crazy Mini Golf."

£20 over here then. Still, good price. I was expecting to pay £30 for it.

Zavvi have it for below £20 now.

I also was expecting this to be around the £30 mark (without board) for the UK so if it's less that's great.

I just hope someone isn't silly enough to carry their Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound, German Shepherd dogs... to see how much they weigh. No doubt there will be some kind of Nintendo Health and Safety warning about this prior to any dog lifting.

Edited by sumo73

• 2 weeks later...

Matt at IGN has reviewed Wii Fit Plus, scoring it as an 8.2.

Closing Comments

Whether you already own Wii Fit or find yourself completely new to Nintendo's best-selling phenomenon, Plus is great way to burn some calories while having fun. Every last feature of Wii Fit is copied over to Plus, and Nintendo has also added in six new exercises and 15 new balance board games on top of a calorie tracker, customized workout programs, a local multiplayer mode and, of course, the ability to weigh your pets. There's still some issues -- BMI is inaccurate as a measurement system, the lack of online leaderboards or challenges is a major oversight at this point, some of the added exercises and games fail to compare to the others, and the virtual trainers' dialogs repeat too often. Still, Plus is much cheaper than a gym membership and if you use it right, with proper diet, you can lose weight or tone muscle and have a good time while you do.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/103/1031024p1.html

The full review is a hefty three pages long so well worth having a read through if you want an in depth analysis of the game. IGN's video review is below:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, only 3 new yoga and muscle workouts!... that's pretty rubbish, as really they should be the main draw of the game and not excessive amounts of balance minigames etc...

I was thinking of getting this given the price, but I'm not sure I'll bother now.

Oh and why can't Nintendo sort it out to use more than 1 balance board.

And not supporting Wii Motion+ when it sounds like it could have been useful is prety poor from Nintendo.

But then hey I guess they've already used up their one game per new attachment! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
My copy arrived today. Don't even know why I bought it, much prefer EA Active. Might be able to give it a crack tonight; I'll update with thoughts
Bloody hell, that was quick! :o Where did you get it from?

I thought we were in the middle of a postal strike too. :heh:

Anyway, yeah let us know what you make of it. I don't expect to be seeing my copy any time soon as I ordered from Play.com this time. :hmm:

Bought the game and played about 30 mins of it last night.

All I can say is that it's....fun.

But this is Nintendo we are taking about, fun is always the main thing in their games :D

for 30$ over in Australia, I think I got my monies worth (I might consider playing a bit more very soon)

Bloody hell, that was quick! :o Where did you get it from?

I thought we were in the middle of a postal strike too. :heh:

Anyway, yeah let us know what you make of it. I don't expect to be seeing my copy any time soon as I ordered from Play.com this time. :hmm:

Should preorder from GAME during strikes mate..they sent this to me last friday and i received it yesterday too! Though it's a Christmas present so couldn't play it! Find it weird how GAME are getting the games in like a week before release....:grin:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!