NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

Well considering the way they seemed to want to take it, having the Borg as a prominent race wouldnt make sense. I would have expected them to come up in the show at some point though. Would have been interesting actually, seeing them 600 years more advanced.

Yeah, I'd just like to know what their take on them would be. I miss Star Trek on TV.

Maybe they could finally travel to another galaxy. Would be cool to see that. Especially now that tech has moved on the show wouldn't be restricted to humanoids so it would make sense...or something.

Species 8472 decided to eat them! ;)

Voyager + Borg = Species 8472 eating nanobots!

Well the last time we saw Species 8472 they were actually given the specs to those nano bots so they probably wouldnt work so well anymore.

I wonder how they would carry on the tradition of someone from a previous trek being in the pilot episode. Only person in the flesh I can think of would be Sisko or doing it Enterprise style and having a recording.

Be great if there was to be another TV show.

A show set after voyager/enterprise-E would be great!!

Have u never watched star trek properly!? Don't you know they never need to go the toliet!!! lol ;)

But i love that image non the less... an easy solution to the problem!

People always forget, we have actually seen a toilet in one of the Trek movies, I think Kirk even sits on it

People always forget, we have actually seen a toilet in one of the Trek movies, I think Kirk even sits on it

WHAT! Which one? On a star ship? I feel ashamed for not knowing such things considering i have watched each film several times.

Its in Star Trek 5 when they are put in the new brig, if I remember right Kirk pushes a button and a seat comes out. Apparently thats actually the toilet for the brig.

Brig_toilet.jpg

Of course they have toilets, what do you think they do with the captain's log?

Seeing the thread title, I expected a Jeri Ryan thread. I got disappointed.

Then I saw it was about the last film (and reboot), so I expected some news of the next one. I got disappointed.

I'd love a new series, but Singers version sounds a bit shit really, plus it also clashes with what we know of the 30th century from the temporal cold war and the time ships seen in Voyager.

I don't like how singer's stuff read. there's danger in trying to take the ST world too far into the future - too much bullshit would be had with the tech for a start.

That is a good point actually. Despite all the jokes people like to make about the crap Star Trek comes up with, the shows were actually quite well researched with their technology and how things work and won awards because of it. Throwing it that far into the future would have to remove that for a plausible jump in technology.

Scott Bakula reveals there were plans for Enterprise movies

When Enterprise started airing in 2001, no one thought the show would be cancelled four years later. In fact, the original plan, before things went bust, was that Enterprise would be the next Star Trek movie franchise following in the footsteps of the original Star Trek crew and The Next Generation.

That's what Scott Bakula—who played Captain Jonathan Archer, the very first captain of the very first starship Enterprise (the NX-01) on the series—revealed during his appearance at Germany's FedCon:

"We [Enterprise] were going to be the next movie franchise. Going in that's what we were told."

Bakula (who we've loved ever since his days as Dr. Sam Beckett on Quantum Leap) added that due to the changes that occurred in Hollywood and with the show (and no doubt with the immense critical and popular success of J.J. Abrams revitalization of the fatigued sci-fi franchise with 2009's Star Trek), he wasn't expecting to see any Enterprise movies in the future.

But as for a possible future appearance in the next Star Trek film, Bakula said:

"I'm not anticipating a role in the next Star Trek movie. I was shocked that Archer was even mentioned in the last one!"

We admit we got a bit—okay, make that a lot—excited at the mention of Admiral Archer's name in Abrams' film. We thought it was a nice nod to continuity and to what had happened before Capt. Kirk and his crew also started boldly going where no one had gone before.

And we don't know about you, but we'd seriously love to see Scott Bakula back as Archer in a future Star Trek film; at the very least in a tangible cameo appearance. Bakula's charisma as Archer could probably outshine the lens flares of the Enterprise deck.

http://blastr.com/2011/05/scott-bakula-reveals-ther.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting. Personally I dont think Enterprise would have made good movies. For me Star Trek was always about the crews and apart from a few characters, that one never gelled for me.

I would however quite like to see Archer in the next Trek movie, especially seeing as Enterprise is now the only Star Trek series that happened in both the real Trek universe and the new Abrams one.

[..]

especially seeing as Enterprise is now the only Star Trek series that happened in both the real Trek universe and the new Abrams one.

That's a funny thing to realise actually. I actually [didn't have anything against the cast], except for that Daniel dude.. But he's not a main character (But I oh so despised him, in all of Star Trek, he's the guy I hated most, and that usually takes some effort..).

I'd love to see Archer in a new film as well though. I wouldn't know what the excuse would be, but it doesn't matter, can't get enough of time-travel stuff :D.

I want Abrams to make a Next Generation relaunch... it'd be so awesome. Does Picard etc. even happen in the new universe or does it remain unclear?

Well we can never really know unless they actually did take it further into the future, which I doubt they ever will considering it would go against the whole point of the relaunch, taking it back to Kirks era.

I own most of TNG but not all. What i'll probably do is try and get hold of the sampler or rent a disk and see if its worthwhile first.

This forum needs more Trek talk!

Watched quite a bit of it today as my trilogy blu ray arrived yesterday. I dont think Search for Spock is given enough credit really, it tends to get lumped in with the other odd numbered movies but I think its still one of the better movies. All looked great on blu ray as well, the ship models especially.

Just got a Voyager book. Haven't started it yet but apparently it's canon and takes place after they come back. :D