NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

https://roddenberry.x.io/

There's also a ton of Enterprise bridges that you can walk around, they look amazing (to enable walking around, you need to be on a desktop using a Chrome-based browser).

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:14 PM, Happenstance said:
  Video with spoiler for Picard season 3 (Hide contents)

How is that a spoiler? 

Blasted through the last 6 episodes over the weekend. It was nice to see the gang back together as we all knew they would. I feel the villan and big bad lost their way towards the end.

Spoiler

the symbiote Vadic was the Borg Queen, and the whole hunting Jack culminated to just because of inheriting something from PIcard (who had something but didn't have what we all thought he had),  felt kinda lazy.

Shit all over Vadic who was an awesome baddie and just say "Oh, it was the Borg all along" = Starfox Adventures level of lazy.

The mass assimilation outcome was pretty cool, I just wish they found a better route to it, without having Jack Crusher to exist at all, because he was simply unbelievable/unentertaining to watch (see You for Ed Speelers doing some decent acting)

Watched the first episode of season 2 of Strange New Worlds this morning. Strong start to the new season. 

I've caught up with the first 3 episodes of the new Lower Decks Season.

Spoiler

1st episode was solid. A Trekkie thankfully informed me of the somewhat controversial decision a certain character made in regards to the problem this episode throws at the crew. It was funny seeing Mariner's mother basically react like "WTF, Janeway!?" when she looked up what happened.

2nd episode was excellent, then again, I'm a sucker for variants of Monty Python's Killer Rabbit gag. They always make me laugh. Of course, Boimler is still amazing even with a relatively mundane story of dealing with problematic sleeping quarters.

3rd episode was also good. Boimler being both badass and ridiculously inefficient when he just decided to handle a three man job himself was a good laugh.

"Gimme 30 c.c's of whatever just worked a fucking minute ago" was a really great line! That got me good.

I also watched one episode of Strange New Worlds. I don't think I need to tell you which one it was.

Spoiler

Highlight of that episode was seeing Boimler's absolutely horrified reaction whenever Spock smiled. That was peak comedy! Even better when Mariner came along later and pretty much reacted the same way.

Not to mention the many, many times Boimler accidentally let slip his future knowledge. Not surprising in the slightest, but still funny. Not to mention completely flubbing "Live Long and Prosper"

The voice actors did a wonderful job portraying the characters in live-action. Just a fun episode all round.

Edited by Glen-i

I expect I'll get round to watching season 5 eventually but like with season 4, I'm not in any rush to see it.

Love it. I have such nostalgia for that piece of music. Gives me goosebumps and a rush of memories every time I hear it. :heart:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Love it. I have such nostalgia for that piece of music. Gives me goosebumps and a rush of memories every time I hear it. :heart:

I remember once when I was still at school our Head mistress used to play a classical piece of music each week in assembly and I was one of the few kids who noticed she snuck the Voyager theme in one week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bought the complete series of Star Trek Picard last night on iTunes after it went on sale. Just don't trust streaming services to keep shows anymore, especially after what happened with Prodigy given Paramount Plus felt like the safe service given they own the shows.

• Like 2

Just finished watching the first 2 eps of the new season of Discovery. I'm sure it's fine and people will enjoy it but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. 

Booo. Cancel Starfleet Academy and stick with Lower Decks instead.

6 hours ago, Cube said:

Lower Decks has not been renewed and season 5 will be the last.

Welp, there will end the only interest I ever had in Star Trek...
Sucks...

Stealing someone elses comment on this season of Discovery from Reddit but it's just feeling like one of those really boring fetch quests from a video where they are bouncing from place to place. I keep half expecting them to stop and collect 10 pig hides before they can continue.

• Haha 1