NEurope
stallion

Your rare and most prized gaming items

1. Snoopy Tennis Tabletop Game & Watch*

Like a mini-arcade game, in colour! Probably worth quite a bit on ebay.

Nice one! That was one of the things that set me along the road of gaming! :grin:

Ocarina of Time

9jm4vt.jpg

Ended up posting a pic of this in the purchases thread as it was relevant but I thought I'd post it here too. :)

How rare is the Gamegear?

Pretty rare if you have a working one in good condition, a lot of them have faults.

Pretty rare if you have a working one in good condition, a lot of them have faults.

Well I'm pretty sure mine (my brother's actually) is in perfect working condition. At least it was until my idiotic mother gave it to the idiotic, disrespectful foster child. I quickly retrieved it.

"It's old now it's not worth anything." Thick idiot.

I don't know where the box is though.

Well I'm pretty sure mine (my brother's actually) is in perfect working condition. At least it was until my idiotic mother gave it to the idiotic, disrespectful foster child. I quickly retrieved it.

"It's old now it's not worth anything." Thick idiot.

I don't know where the box is though.

I would have sent him back. Maybe he would start giving stuff more value.

Not really rare, but they make me feel like a king (without a kingdom or even a crown, but nonetheless a king indeed).

I still have the gold Zelda cassettes made of cheap, shiny plastic.

yay!

May as well update my rarities/pride of collections.

Early Phantasy Stars (Master System and Mega Drive)

Secret of Mana (SNES)

MGS: Twin Snakes (GC)

Steel Battalion + Contoller (XBox)

Sega Bass Fishing +Rod (DC)

Shenmue (DC)

Burning Rangers (Saturn)

Nights, Christmas Nights and 3D Pad (Saturn)

PSO Review Copy (DC)

Master Gear (GG)

Game Cube Broadband Adapter (GC)

Halo Helmet Edition (Xbox)

Dreamcast Keyboard (DC)

Game Boy Camera x3 (GB)

Game Boy Printer (GB)

Neo Geo Pocket Color

A working Game Gear (Apparently working ones are rare now)

TV Tuner (GG)

And just ordered the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition. That will be taking top shelf priorities (when I'm not grab assing around with the night vision of course).

Not particularly rare but still expensive to come by at times;

Shenmue%202%20%5BCD1%5D%20Emulation.png

2d9d39e9cf507308bf0cace7fe324330-Metal_Gear_Solid_3__Substance.jpg

Can't think of anything else.

i had Shenmue I & II for the DC both mint but i sold them on e-bay then the buyer said he never received the items, put in a pay dispute and i lost the games and money lol sad days :angry: But on a better note i do now have final fantasy for the gamecube, Ikaruga and just found at the back of my big pile of game Final fantasy 5 and 6 on the Famicom and dragon quest 3,5 and 6 :p

Hmm, apparently, games like Metal Gear: Twin Snakes (never got into that game actually), Skies of Arcadia, and Ikaruga are rare. And since I got my Cube very late in its life, I was lucky to get Eternal Darkness and Capcom VC SNK as well. Too bad I don't really have anything cool from the old days, I've been playing since the NES, but I didn't get a lot a games back then ;). I do have an advantage stick that I bought.. A year ago? On a convention, brand new. I guess ones that even smell new are rare ;). Maybe not rare, but I value my import stuff, like my GBA micro famicom and DSi, and a few games, like a japanes Golden Sun, or Drill Dozer. Even a Play-yan micro. I also have 2 unopened boxes of Tales of Symphonia gashapon. I'll keep one, but I may sell the other.

Edit: Ah. and a working Vec-Trex, though the controllers don't work well anymore.

Edited by Sméagol

Is there a site where we can check the perceived worth of such items?

i have, some where in my room, a hand tetris game.

it had 1000 tetris games inside it, a great time killer 15 years ago

While not particularly rare I prize my Twin Famicom. And it's not just any Twin Famicom, it's the AN-505-BK. This model sports lovely black and green colors, has slightly longer cords and has built in turbo controllers. Remember: it's not cheating if the turbo is built in.

I know it's a slight bump, but... hell with it.

I'm a collector... and so I have piles of strange things... I won't go into listing all of it ('cause that's just silly) but some of the more "rare" things that I have...

BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED

Super Mario World (SNES)

Halo 2 Legendary Edition (Xbox)

STILL IN BOX, COMPLETE WITH MANUALS

Legend of Zelda (Gold cart NES)

Super Mario Bros 3 (Box is a bit iffy, but it's still awesome.)

NES Console Action Set! (console, gun, and Mario/Duckhunt)

NES Zapper (Grey)

NES Power Pad (I don't have the manual for this one, and the box is in poor condition... but I have it nonetheless.)

Playstation console

PSOne console

N64 Console

Magnavox Oddysee 4000 (Console with built in 6 or 7 games)

Mattel Intellevision games (I don't know which games they are, I've never hooked up the system or anything.... but I have seven of them all in the box with their controller inserts and everything)

If GameGears are rare, then I have one that's in damn near perfect condition. Got it at Good Will for $12 with a carrying case and two or three games.

I wouldn't consider them rare though, as I've seen a few of them at second hand stores and such. I saw one for $7 one time. It was in fairly poor condition though.

When I was moving I actually took a count of how many physical games I have.

Atari 49

Intellevision 7

NES 300

SNES 52

N64 23

GCN 25

Wii 8

GB/GBC 21

GBA 21

NDS 15

Sega Master System 6

Sega Genesis 79

Sega Saturn 2

Sega Dreamcast 6

Gamegear 5

PS1 40

PS2 27

Xbox 60

Xbox 360 35

781 Total

My collection is up on Youtube for the most part :P

February 24 2010

Most of my stuff actually in action - September 11 2010

If you guys have a better gaming setup than that, please post pix/video and show me up XD haha.

Edited by Llama Juice

Damn! That is very enviable...

When I think that my rarest gaming possessions are old games that aren't sold anymore...

I mean, Mole Mania has always been rare, so there's that. Also Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem: PoR, but that's not saying much.

Ah wait, there's also that Japanese version of that DBZ game, with that cover that only appeared in Portugal (basically a quick rehash of the Garlic Jr. movie). It's probably common among former Mega Drive owners, though.

Not my picture

205312.jpg

My 40" TV with an xbox360, PS2, Dreamcast, PS3, N64, Wii and Super Nintendo

205215.jpg

My little TV with a Sega Megadrive + Mega CD, Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, Turbografx, PS1 and Gamecube.

205357.jpg

My game collection, a bit outdated but nearly all there. Two and a half shelves of games, other half of far shelf is dvds and cds.

Also not pictured are my handhelds: DS, Gameboy, GB Colour, GB Advance, GB Advance SP and Gamegear.

About 330ish games in total and more added with every pay cheque.

Fun little hobby, but expensive.

Edit: I should also really mention my 'rare' pieces.

The rarest games i own are probably a PAL copy of Harvest Moon, Kirby 64, Banjo Tooie, Shenmue 1 and 2, Terranigma, Christmas Nights into Dreams, Conkers Bad Fur Day.

All the games i buy with boxes and manuals so most of my NES games etc are boxed. The only reason i have loose carts is because of the console bundles i bought where the sellers chuck in extra bits and bobs - not complaining though!

My most prized game must be my boxed and complete copy of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, complete with my late father's game saves. High sentimental value.

Edited by Arnieboy

How do you know what's rare or not?

I don't think anything I have is rare really - perhaps a touch on the scarce side but not really rare.

Things i assume to be in that cateogry are Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem on the GC, and then Banjo Tooie, CBFD and Pokémon Stadium 2 on the N64 - all are great condition (the N64 games still have the plastic bags the carts were wrapped in).

I also have a book type thing that Rare sent to me after I wrote them a letter back in 1998. It's full of artwork from the Donkey Kong and Banjo games and gives a bit of company history and philosophy on the pages with some pictures of the offices. The front seemed to feature an alien head wearing sunglasses and this was a couple of years before Perfect Dark and Elvis.

How do you know what's rare or not?

I don't think anything I have is rare really - perhaps a touch on the scarce side but not really rare.

Things i assume to be in that cateogry are Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem on the GC, and then Banjo Tooie, CBFD and Pokémon Stadium 2 on the N64 - all are great condition (the N64 games still have the plastic bags the carts were wrapped in).

I also have a book type thing that Rare sent to me after I wrote them a letter back in 1998. It's full of artwork from the Donkey Kong and Banjo games and gives a bit of company history and philosophy on the pages with some pictures of the offices. The front seemed to feature an alien head wearing sunglasses and this was a couple of years before Perfect Dark and Elvis.

That book sounds awesome!

For rare stuff there's plenty of websites that list rare games.

Rare games are either:

- crap games which didn't sell well which are hence rare and which i don't buy

- games that got pulled from shelves for whatever reason, such as tengen tetris

- games that are great but for whatever reason didn't sell well, such as being 2d when 3d was all reviewers cared about, examples being Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Strider 2

- more commonly, released at the end of a consoles lifespan, kirby games have a habit of doing this which is why Kirby 64 is quite rare

- or lastly which only applies to PAL, you'll get a game released in other pal territories but not here, which sometimes gets mixed up with the 'end of life release' which can create very rare games. Harvest Moon on the SNES is extremely hard to find, especially in english

I'd be really interested in seeing that book, what's the name of it?

The rarity is something that... I dunno I've never looked up my stuff in a list or anything, so my idea of "rare" is just stuff that I don't really ever see in 2nd hand shops or on ebay.

That's why I went with the "most prized gaming items" part of the thread title. :P

Also, @Arnieboy touche' sir. That is a rather swell setup and collection. At my new place it's hard to really classify what the gaming setups are, because there's 6 of us living here... all of us gamers... and so there's stuff hooked up all over the place haha.

It's funny how we cherish even stuff like gamesaves.... because when you said it has your late father's save on the Zelda cart, even I was like "awwwww."

Edit: didn't see Arnie's new post there.

I have a boxed complete copy of Kirby 64 :P I bought it at a book store.... strangely enough.

Maybe calling it a "book" was over selling - it's like a company promotional brochure type thing.

The dozen or so pages are bigger than A4 and the spine is on the shorter so it's quite wide when open.

If I remember, I'll see about taking some pictures of it when I next go home.

The rarity is something that... I dunno I've never looked up my stuff in a list or anything, so my idea of "rare" is just stuff that I don't really ever see in 2nd hand shops or on ebay.

That's why I went with the "most prized gaming items" part of the thread title. :P

Also, @Arnieboy touche' sir. That is a rather swell setup and collection. At my new place it's hard to really classify what the gaming setups are, because there's 6 of us living here... all of us gamers... and so there's stuff hooked up all over the place haha.

It's funny how we cherish even stuff like gamesaves.... because when you said it has your late father's save on the Zelda cart, even I was like "awwwww."

Edit: didn't see Arnie's new post there.

I have a boxed complete copy of Kirby 64 :P I bought it at a book store.... strangely enough.

Why thank you :)

Although it's still not up to par with yours, i'm not yet at the stage where im looking through games saying 'oh look a gameboy...oh look another game boy!' Awesome collection there, truly : peace:

And yeah, it's the little things that make a game truly special and truly yours. I've bought a lot of second hand games lately, but with a lot of them being new to me i can't look back and say 'hey i remember playing that' to a few of them and even if it's a game i did own, it doesn't compare to unearthing a game 10 years later and finding your game save.

When i found those saves on that copy of ALTTP memories came rushing back, good times.

I have a glass cabinet in my second living room (which I call my entertainment room - dvds and games room basically) with every Nintendo console and handheld in it, including the virtual boy :) My girlfriend is really happy about that....

I've also got loads of figurines and cheap nintendo toys from Japan that are littered in the cabinet!

I actually have two virtual boys, going to sell one when I have the time to see if it still works and whack pictures up!

So I went home yesterday and got some pics of that book for you all - forgive the flash on my camera though as it was difficult to find suitable lighting.

Anyway, I grabbed all the pages so enjoy... turns out I was wrong about it being an alien head but you can see why a hazy memory might think it was... I hope :p

frontlft.jpg

page1to.jpg

page2id.jpg

page3bi.jpg

page4qw.jpg

page5gj.jpg

page6j.jpg

page7n.jpg

backuse.jpg

I'm not sure how rare these are, but they're most definitely prized. I have:

The Zelda SP

the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20040917103219388-000.jpgthe-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20040917103218653-000.jpg

An Ocarina of Time

Mfdyeh-EyesOnMeFinalFantasyVIIIOnSTLZeldaTenorOcarina962.jpg

And a Pokémon Edition N64 (which is unfortunately damaged, and no longer works ;-;)

n64-pokemon-austriallia.jpg