NEurope
stallion

Your rare and most prized gaming items

Like many people I class myself as a collector as well as a gamer, long gone are the days when I was forced to trade old games in for new because I couldn't afford to do anything else. Over the years I've got quite a collection of Nintendo consoles, peripherals and games. I would love to know other peoples Top 5 items in their collection, that they class as most rare and unique to them here are mine in no real order

Nintendo Satellaview (no use anymore but it does look good on the base of my SNES)

Tri-Star super 8 converter (lets you play NES games on your SNES)

Virtual Boy

Super Game boy 2 (for the SNES blue with link cable facility)

Aidyn Chronicles (N64 RPG)

I don't have many "collectables" as such but amongst my gaiming collection is...

Rocket Robot on Wheels.

I'm immensly proud to still own that and the box in pristine condition. It's a bloody great game as well.

Sega Multimega 32X

2v7xz85.jpg

For years I had always wanted to own this setup but alas when it was released I couldn't hope to ever have enough cash to purchase it, the Multimega became pretty rare too so it pretty much retained it's original RRP lol I was fortunate enough to find an unboxed one on eBay though significantly cheaper than the insane amounts boxed ones were going for. :)

^ I've been wanting one of those for years but as you say, they're really expensive on eBay which is probably the only place you'll ever find one now. Shame really.

As for my rare or prized titles, well I don't have anything rare although apparently Ouendan 1 on the DS is now officially out of print so that'll be rare in the near future and I have a DS lite that is no longer being produced in the colour it is so that should be rare as well in the future. A boxed copy of Beyond Good and Evil on the GC which is hard to track down and it's in perfect condition. Erm... got a whole bunch of megadrive games but don't remember if there is anything rare in there (probably not) but their all prized possessions that I'll never get rid of.

Don't have anything massively rare, but the more unusual things are the Steel Battalion games and controller, a reviewer copy of Phantasy Star Online for the DC, SNES Mouse and the Saturn 3d pad.

Just noticed Burning Rangers on the Saturn is quite expensive on eBay. Guess that counts too then. These games are on the rare/expensive list as well on Racketboy.com:

Metal Gear Solid (GBC)

Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 (GC)

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Xbox)

I'm sure I must have some rarities on the PS1. I bought the console with 200 games and most of them are crap like the Barbie game. That must be rare, I can't see anyone actually buying that.

Just noticed Burning Rangers on the Saturn is quite expensive on eBay. Guess that counts too then. These games are on the rare/expensive list as well on Racketboy.com:

Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 (GC)

I have Burning Rangers got it a good few years back off eBay for about £30 or so, well worth it though as for Phantasy Star Online ep 1&2 I had an inkling that it might be worth a bit more one day, I have my old faithful original day of release bought GC copy in decent condition and a brand new sealed copy that I picked up for a tenner a few years back. :)

I hear copies of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes are quite rare. I love having that in my collection :D Tales of Symphonia too.

I hear copies of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes are quite rare. I love having that in my collection :D Tales of Symphonia

too.

Me too ^^ also Tales of Symphonia is the other game that I have a second sealed copy of lol.

WOW S.C.G that looks great I've always wanted one and a 32x, I've got a mega CD that latches onto the side of my Mega Drive (not that I ever play it). The two SEGA items I've always wanted to see is the Multimega and the old 3D glasses for the Master System. I love seeing add-ons on consoles. Later I will post a pic of my SNES with all its.

I had a Sealed Copy of Super Mario 64,

ss101390.jpg

Until I sold it on ebay!

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh also - welcome to the forums stallion : peace:

Don't really have any rare games stuff unfortunately, the only items i've ever really aspired to have are the entire Fire Emblem collection. When i'm a millionaire maybe.

Thanks Dyson I'm a good friend of Zechs Merquise, he has been at me for ages to join this forum and I'm glad I did.

WOW S.C.G that looks great

Thanks :) your SNES setup looks equally epic stallion, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you will fit in well here. : peace:

I have a signed copy of Burnout Paradise. That's about it, though.

I just remembered I have a Japanese copy of Sonic on the Mega Drive. Probably not rare, but is pretty unusual in this country I imagine. Got it from Gamestation oddly enough.

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 for DC

Shenmue 1

Once upon a time I had some odd IR thing for the NES, I can't seem to find anything on it at all though.

I had a lightgun thing for my mega drive now that I think of it.

I have an autograph of Suda 51.

Die...

...the jealousy, it burns

(A bit 'meh') I've got...

Issue one of ONM

UK Club Nintendo magazines from 1990-92.

A japanese silver Wavebird boxed as new

Pikmin2 GC

BG&E GC

Star Wars Rebel Strike Demo disk for GC

Zelda Collectors Edition for GC (which everyone seems to own!)

I do plan on buying some more classico stuff when I've settled in a house somewhere.

1. Snoopy Tennis Tabletop Game & Watch*

Like a mini-arcade game, in colour! Probably worth quite a bit on ebay.

2. Homemade games for the Spectrum and C16

It's hilarious looking back at them now.

3. N64 magazine that published my Goldeneye article

Must have been a slow month. :grin:

4. Sealed Gameboy Colour system

An import website discovered a load of them unused in a corner and sold them for like, a tenner each or something. It's probably my only 'still sealed' thing.

5. Japanese DS Phat

I don't import much, so this has a special place in my heart.

*I used to have loads of Game & Watch games, including Judge, but sold them at a car boot sale - one of my biggest regrets.

It depends on what you class as rare I suppose. The stuff that I've got that I THINK is hard to get a hold of is:

I've got every issue of Official Dreamcast Mag

Deep Fear on Saturn

Evil Twin on DC

Under Defeat on DC

REZ on DC

Final Fantasy VII on PS1 (original non-Platinum one)

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on Xbox

Beyond Good & Evil on Cube

Chibi-Robo! on Cube

Tomb Raider Legend on Cube

Mortal Kombat Deception (NTSC) on Cube

TMNT (2007 - NTSC) on Cube

Avatar: The Legend of Aang on Cube

Naruto: Clash of Ninja European Version on Cube

Battle Fantasia on 360