NEurope
Dante

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake

GameBytes:

This year is the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and currently there is a TMNT Road Tour Van crossing America.

According to the Ninja Pizza blog a remake of TMNT: Turtles In Time is currently in the works. The game is set up the game is currently in Alpha, and plans to be released on Xbox Live Arcade, with a possible Virtual Console release of the original in the works as well.

Ninja Pizza have also posted several screenshots of the game, including screens from "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" levels. It's complete with the purple foot soldiers of yore, and it is certainly riding on the classic vibe of the original cartoon. According to the blog characters Tokka and Rahzar are in the "Skull and Crossbones" level, which is how the Arcade version was handled.

Considering the huge popularity of TMNT 1989 on Xbox Live Arcade it's not surprising to see more Ninja Turtle games showing up on the service, but a complete remake is more than expected, and it doesn't look too bad for an Alpha build.

Make your way to the Ninja Pizza blog for the other screenshots. I really hope this remake will end up being good.

tmntremake.jpg

2ijtan9.jpg

The 3d thing is interesting though the detail is lacking. I did enjoy the original but it had little replay value. Getting tired of remakes to be honest.

I'm sorry but no, the game just whiffs of ubsubstantial boringness. It won't be special.

I'm sorry but no, the game just whiffs of ubsubstantial boringness. It won't be special.

Its a remake of Turtles in Time there's no way it will be boring!

Its a remake of Turtles in Time there's no way it will be boring!

I used to play it alot in the arcades. Turtles was huge in the 90's

The last few days have been so great in terms of gaming news.

I am so all over this!

Well I got Turtles Arcade for XBLA. I must say it's nowhere near as fun as Streets of Rage. If they sort it so there's actual hit detection and more than one move I might be interested.

Well I got Turtles Arcade for XBLA. I must say it's nowhere near as fun as Streets of Rage. If they sort it so there's actual hit detection and more than one move I might be interested.

The original Tutles game was, nostalgia aside, a pile of suck :heh: swimming through electric seaweed and getting killed by flying... blurs of pixely nothingness. Turtles II and the following titles on the arcade (which appeared on the SNES) were infinitely better. I can imagine this game being great, especially if they bump things up a bit so you can play 4 players at once :D

The original Tutles game was, nostalgia aside, a pile of suck :heh: swimming through electric seaweed and getting killed by flying... blurs of pixely nothingness. Turtles II and the following titles on the arcade (which appeared on the SNES) were infinitely better. I can imagine this game being great, especially if they bump things up a bit so you can play 4 players at once :D

Angry Video Game Nerd certainly shares your feelings for the NES version. Funnily enough I 'thought' I liked it when I was a kid. However playing it now I realised how low my standards were at 6 years old. The game is bollocks. I could never really got into the SNES versions. They were miles better but I don't know there didn't seem to be any POW to any of your moves. I'll keep an eye on this though. I'm a sucker for scrolling beat em' ups.

Played the original, was a good game. Will be interesting to see how this new look will work. And to see if it will be better than the original.

Gamershell : Ubisoft has announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled, a downloadable game inspired by one of the most acclaimed arcade games of all time, will kick off the Summer of Arcade, and release on July 22 worldwide exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360, and later this year on the PlayStation Network. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled is a side-scrolling, four-player action brawler based on the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series - six screenshots have been inserted in our gallery.

This game is looking wicked. I believe it's been delayed and is now out early next month? Do want!

So this is XBLA only? Bummer!

im fairly sure its coming to PSN, though after a delay. or so i read.

Oh blow me shrimpy. :blank: The one on the NES was quality. I could whizz through that sea level in about a minute. It was the city level afterwards which blew the goats.