NEurope
Charlie

December 2nd Theories

I knew it. everyone got there hopes up and pop, bubble has burst.

I didn't get my hopes up I forgot about the speech till about 4pm

Why does he hype us like that... Now I just feel oddly irritated :(

Nintendo are gay :P

To be honest I totally forgot about it until I saw this thread and I got a bit excited but ah well, seems like another 'bam-up'.

E3 '06 I suppose.

i mean yea trisha is funny but she used to do it to often on C-E on everypage just a negative comment followed buy about 10 flamings mostly buy me :P

“There’s another secret,†he says. I perk up. “But I’m not going to go into that here. That’ll be for a later date.â€

Thats what Miyamoto said!

Visit http://www.kotaku.com for more!

Well I didn't expect much, but this is way below my expectations.

Newsflash! From 4CR, they received an SMS
hi, mailing from cell phone!

mmoto revealed that there is an extra feature in the rev that is still secret.

also, valve r v excited about rev, and love nintendo

jools

this is good... I made a quick search for old news and I found this:
News: Half-Life 2 On 'GameCube 2/N5'

Posted by Ashley - Sep 5th 2003 19:08

Valve are to release the highly anticipated Half-Life 2 on all consoles.

While Nintendo and Sony have yet to release information about their next consoles Valve have confirmed they are working on Half-Life 2 for them.

The game is set to launch on the PC later this year and the Xbox soon after. Valve have now stated that they plan to launch Half-Life 2 on the PS3 and 'GameCube 2'.

Speaking recently with Vossey.com, Doug Lombardi, marketing director of Valve, let slip that Half Life 2 will be available to Nintendo gamers in the future.

Vossey.com : Will Half-Life 2 be released on other platforms?

DL : Yes, notably on Xbox. The game will be available on Xbox but not until 2004. The partnership with Microsoft isn’t exclusive and we will also see this game on the next consoles by Sony and Nintendo.

So there you have it, not a GameCube game but looking like an early title for Nintendo's next system, currently known as N5. Dare we suggest it may even be a possible launch game for the system? The dates point to it being a real possibility, and it would certainly be a great piece of first day software.

Sources: http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=5334 & http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=5300

I think.. said that there's a big possibility that they might kept that intentions alive, it was so long ago everyone forgot, but... they really stated PS3 and Gamecube 2/N5 (at the time), the next gen consoles that are yet to come out by the two companies...

Seems possible, right?

Looks like we'll be getting Half Life 3 and/or Counter Strike on rev folks! :D:D:D

It's quite annoying when people get disappointed at a lack of an announcement when Nintendo have already made it clear that nothing more will be revealed until E3. Personally, I hope the secret is the force feedback rumour from ages ago.

well i knew there was not going to be big but if thats what shigsy said then i am more happier, that just means that nintendo shall be showing more then just the game's at E3.

But still E3 is still ages away.

Looks like we'll be getting Half Life 3 and/or Counter Strike on rev folks! :D:D:D

I doubt that, maybe on the N6 :heh:

How long did they take to make HL 2?

Well they have announced that we will get more information this year. I guess thats why many of us hoped for dec. 2nd.

Didn't they say we will know the name by the end of year?

Thing is, with no major news or exposure it really is playing into microsofts hands!!! They are going to have such a lead!!!

I would hate it if it was a headset but this is ridiulous, it would be very expensive and nintendo is BIG on multiplayer gaming!

Yeah this is what gets me the most. Xbox360 has launched and what is currently keeping us at bay from buying it? The PS3 FMV videos? The fact Rev has a controller like a remote control? In other words.. not much

I doubt that, maybe on the N6 :heh:

How long did they take to make HL 2?

About 6 years. The next few games will be expansions. The first one is out Feb, Half-Life 2: Aftermath ;)

Although Valve is giving us freebies such as CS Source maps, models and DoD: Source maps. As well as the SiN episodes coming soon :)

Maaaan i sound like the Choze of Valve.

Some more stuff from it

Valve, it turns out, is looking to expand beyond the FPS genre. “We’re working on cooperative building games,†he says. For example, you build something like a space ship or a machine with people online instead of shooting and killing each other.

Hamamura-san, the President of Enterbrain (Famitsu’s parent company), asks Kojima if playing the Metal Gear Solid 4 will be anything like the trailer. The director replies saying “of course, of course†smiling. I can’t help but smile too. Kojima comes off as such as fun-loving guy.

“People’s idea that video games were American grade school kids with their face pressed up against the TV made us want to design the new controller,†Miyamoto says. Walker nods as the rotund man whispers, while Kojima sits there looking at the floor. Bushnell’s holding that mic. “Boring things,†Miyamoto says, “will become interesting. But, I can’t say any more.â€

“What kind of game would you like to design for the Revolution?†Hamamura-san asks Robin Walker. “There’s a couple I could think of, but I’m not really sure, because I haven’t seen the console.â€

Miyamoto smiles.

“What about you?†Hamamura-san asks, turning to Kojima-kantoku.

“He’d like to design a game that makes him popular with girls,†Miyamoto quips.

Cracking up, Kojima says, “I haven’t decided.â€

“That was a joke,†Miyamoto says. “What would you really like to design?â€

Kojima says something about using analog. “I can’t really say,†he adds, still laughing.

so basically...he didn't say or show anything worthy, ah well good thing I didn't follow this thing like a puppy like you guys :D

Some more stuff from it

every developer is acting like they do not have dev kits and know nothing about the console, reckon Nintendo has strict NDA's on them. Even to the point of admitting knowing too much about the revolutionary features, hence Kojima looking down when miyamoto is hinting, ( he did not want any of his facial expression to be misunderstood- i.e. if he got a bit giddy, he would look too pally with Nintendo).

Maybe i'm going in too deep with theories. :indeed: Miyamoto keeps hinting that we are breaking free from being stuck in the TV, maybe the projection idea???

projection is way too advanced. remember we're looking at a low price machine here.

personally i want to see a dance mat style addon so you have that for your legs and two controlers for arms. :bouncy: