NEurope

I really like sniper rifles so long as they're bolt-action. It adds a nice to-and-fro to things because if you miss you're in real trouble. Likewise I like taking snipers down.

Frankly I find the people that get really annoyed by snipers don't make any attempt to, you know, not get shot. They just run in straight lines the same way every time and keep getting frustrated.

Me and my freinds all got into the Beta really early through using someone else's account. Got a few people on here onto the Beta as well if I remember correctly.

Yes you did! Thank you very much!

Those where the days

Those where the days

I'm quite good at sniping but I just know that the feeling of being obliterated without a clue what hit you whilst you are trying to fight people face to face too well. That's why snipers are used in real life but in games I think it kind of kills it.

I think that satisfaction in sniping comes from the thought that they didn't see it which makes you feel sneaky and professional, when in fact you're just a tard.

I really like sniper rifles so long as they're bolt-action. It adds a nice to-and-fro to things because if you miss you're in real trouble. Likewise I like taking snipers down.

Frankly I find the people that get really annoyed by snipers don't make any attempt to, you know, not get shot. They just run in straight lines the same way every time and keep getting frustrated.

truth.

I made a sniper hunter kit on cod4. Silenced AK-SMG thing, sprinting perk and...some other stuff. Basically high speed stealth that was just murder once i got in range. It was awesome.

I want a Fallout 3 style Nuke attack for getting a 15 kill streak :p

^^Well no because I don't want to be playing a game which sees you snaking around by waggling the analogue just to avoid a weapon. Okay it's lazy but damn me if that isn't irritating to have in a game. It makes you tense and uptight because you don't always know where they are. You could lower yourself to their level and do the same but it sucks the enjoyment out of playing.

Yes you did! Thank you very much!

Those where the days

Those where the days

That was such a long process, but it was well worth it. :)

What's everyone's fave weapons classes. In Cod 4, I unashamedly whored the M16 with bandolier and stopping power; or the 50 cal sniper. In Cod 5 I used the STG-44 with bandolier and stopping power; or the PTRS sniper. So...pretty much the same classes in both games.

Never played a Cod game for more than half an hour so hopefully if MW2 improves at all over the first, extensive play will leave me in for a treat and a few surprises. And a few annoying errors probably.

Any good Perk videos/explanation for Cod online on Ytube?

^^Well no because I don't want to be playing a game which sees you snaking around by waggling the analogue just to avoid a weapon. Okay it's lazy but damn me if that isn't irritating to have in a game. It makes you tense and uptight because you don't always know where they are. You could lower yourself to their level and do the same but it sucks the enjoyment out of playing.

Haha I wasn't being serious in the least ;)

That was such a long process, but it was well worth it. :)

What's everyone's fave weapons classes. In Cod 4, I unashamedly whored the M16 with bandolier and stopping power; or the 50 cal sniper. In Cod 5 I used the STG-44 with bandolier and stopping power; or the PTRS sniper. So...pretty much the same classes in both games.

CoD 4 was that rifle which fired the 3 round bursts with Deep Impact and Stopping power. Same perks again in CoD 5 just with the STG.

Edited by ViPeR

So exactly the same as me, bar deep impact. I always put steady aim on all my guns (except the snipers), as it's much quicker than looking down the sight when you don't have enough time - deadly when you get good at it.

Depending on map, MP5, iron sights, negative silencer. Stopping power with 3x frags. And for the smaller maps, my golden boomstick usually does the trick.

I had the most fun with the Scorpion smg.

Silencer + UAV Jammer: Greatness!

It also helped that with the silencer on I found it more comfortable aiming with the iron sight.

My greatest achievement with that gun was headshoting someone (I was aiming for the head) half way across the map (The map was countdown, not a really big map)

Haha I wasn't being serious in the least ;)

I thought ^^ was understood as 2 posts above no? ::shrug:

I see how it could be applied to the fatman as well though :) I meant sniper.

Can people post their stats in one form or another (with evidence) from cod 4 please? I'd like to see who I need to look out for, including you Xboxers.

Edited by dwarf

Can people post their stats in one form or another (with evidence) from cod 4 please? I'd like to see who I need to look out for, including you Xboxers.

I don't what stats you want but I become pretty competitive with my K/D ratio (sad I know), so I know them. Cod 4: 1.8ish Cod 5: 2.6ish. I guess the difference can be accounted for seeing as I started Cod 5 with prior experience. Pretty high considering I'm usually in the thick of it with assault rifles.

Well win:loss ratio is quite an effective one, as is kills per hour.

Well win:loss ratio is quite an effective one, as is kills per hour.

Win:Loss ratio means nothing on Call of Duty. 160 kills per hour.

That's 2.66 kills per minute, which is pretty insane for a Cod game isn't it?

Level 55 10th prestige in about 8 days play time. I have clocked up over 17 days now I think......thats just time spent in games.

I could not tell you my stats without putting the disc in, but know this Dwarf, I will be owning you.

Yeah I have no doubts that you will cream me, how could you not with that much playtime? It's the same as when I kicked your ass in the Resistance deathmatch.

If I somehow kill you it will be down to the fact that apparently you were reloading or that the game has changed too much.

Level 55 10th prestige in about 8 days play time. I have clocked up over 17 days now I think......thats just time spent in games.

I could not tell you my stats without putting the disc in, but know this Dwarf, I will be owning you.

See Prestige means nothing, K/D is where it's at. ;)

Ah... reading this makes me think of all the fun I had in CoD. Putting together the custom characters who fitted levels, etc. Ah... so much fun. Probably the most fun I've had online along with CS:S. I can't wait to buy Gold again and get back into it.

See Prestige means nothing, K/D is where it's at. ;)

Agreed, although all that experience must count for something?

Is MW2 dedicated servers? Because host advantage was something that really used to get on my tits in CoD4.

na it was peer hosting

as will this, most likely. It's way cheaper and, while p2p can cause headaches, it's usually fine.

Host advantge was hilarious in Gears of War - you had people claiming everyone on the other team was the host everytime they died.