NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ssj

GDC 2009

I'm hoping for news of Alan Wake and the new Splinter Cell. And it'd be nice to see some long term 360 plans now that we've already had the big games out.

Oh. And sales talk from Ninty followed by footage of Punch-Out and the new No More Heroes. I don't really think we're gonna see any new first party announcements until E3.

My brother and my boss are at this.

Lucky sods. Had I realised I might have asked to go.

Sony are going to announce a new big PS3 game. 90% sure of this.

Nintendo will be doing their usual, 'I told you so!' soliloquy.

Not sure about the big M.

Edited by Daft

I'm anticipating NOTHING... therefore I won't be dissapointed but I may be pleasantly surprised. :heh:

^ Thing is inside you will kind of believe there may be something so you will most likely be slightly disappointed ;)

Happens with me when I say to myself I won't be disappointed if a package doesn't come through the post because it isn't likely to arrive soon, when it doesn't arrive I become slightly upset lol.

My brother and my boss are at this.

Lucky sods. Had I realised I might have asked to go.

Sony are going to announce a new big PS3 game. 90% sure of this.

Nintendo will be doing their usual, 'I told you so!' soliloquy.

Not sure about the big M.

Well Sony use GDC for small stuff. So maybe PSN stuff.

Well Sony use GDC for small stuff. So maybe PSN stuff.

All that viral Xi stuff in home has been gearing up to this week.

It might have something to do with Home but I'm pretty sure it is something a little more significant.

mysteriousxiwth.jpg

BELIEVE!!

Jokes, but yeah...

It's weird how GDC has become a conference for announcements and such like when it clearly wasn't originally set up that way. It was for developers to panel lectures etc... and for that is still what I find the most interesting about it and makes it a conference I would like to attend.

OnLive looks to be the future! I'm on my phone so unfortunately I cannot link, but check it out on any of the sites giving full coverage of the event!

Onlive seems very ambitious and not something I think the current internet structure could uphold to a large userbase. I do however think that streaming content and a move away from the hardware race is a potential way the industry can go and we already seeing it rise to the forefront in the form of browser based gaming in for form of things such as MMO's, InstantAction and Quake Live.

I know I've asked this already but does anyone know when the 3 keynotes are?

No idea here...

Best thing to come out of today was no more DRM on Steam. Unique game for each machine, thus no DRM required technically.

Awesome.

i hope for golden sun 3.

i hope for that every time there is anything. so far, its never come true.

i hope for golden sun 3.

Why did you have to remind me?! :(

The only JRPG I ever want to play.

I've never understood the love for Golden Sun. It was an okay JRPG, but its popularity is as mystifying to me as that of Tales of Symphonia.

Also, you should all help Tim Schafer out with the hosting duties for the Game Developers Choice Awards.

I've never understood the love for Golden Sun. It was an okay JRPG, but its popularity is as mystifying to me as that of Tales of Symphonia.

You're broken.

You're broken.

I wouldn't contest that. I'm not sure what it has to do with my apathy towards by-the-numbers RPGs, though.

Yeah, you're broken. Golden Sun is a beautiful thing.

You're broken.

Can you fix him please?

I am guessing a Crysis console game is coming soon ;) Obviously consoles are limited RAM wise especially. I think this looks nicer than any multiplatform fps easily. :awesome:

Wow. In screenshots it looks like something that would have looked bad on the GameCube. The physics and lighting makes all the difference in the video.

Best thing to come out of today was no more DRM on Steam. Unique game for each machine, thus no DRM required technically.

Huh? What does this mean, exactly? Will it mean that we won't need to load Steam to play games?

Sign in to follow this