N-Europe

The Invincible Project - Everyone Please Read

ReZourceman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just...really fucking good! tour de force for the medium by one of the finest creative teams in the industry. Can't argue with that :)

Word!

Imagine *your favourite director* and *your favourite actor* working together on a movie....a movie that lasts ages/forever.

So I finally decided to take a chance and come inside this thread. What the hell are The Invincibles?!

I never understand this comic book lore, are they a separated graphic novels like say, Watchmen? What exactly is so good about them besides having the best people working on them? How many volumes? They don't seem expensive, so depending on them being really awesome and the quantity of the volumes, I'd might buy them. (but not this communist way)

So I finally decided to take a chance and come inside this thread. What the hell are The Invincibles?!

What are The Batmen?

I never understand this comic book lore

What's not to get? They are novels which use pictures to help tell a story.

, are they a separated graphic novels like say, Watchmen?

Watchmen isn't separated graphic novels. It's a graphic novel with 12 parts or issues.

Invincible is a story in parts.

What exactly is so good about them besides having the best people working on them?

Read them and see. You could ask the same about any work of fiction or any creative work.

What are The Batmen?

What's not to get? They are novels which use pictures to help tell a story.

Oh, c'mon, have seen how many different comic book stuff there is? Is hard for a n00b like me to get into it with out getting overwhelmed. There's so many villains and heroes and sometimes they work together or fight each other but aren't really of the same "universe".

My point would be, are this guys friends with Batman or Spiderman or anything like that? I REALLY don't know!!

Watchmen isn't separated graphic novels. It's a graphic novel with 12 parts or issues.

Invincible is a story in parts.

So its like Watchmen?

Read them and see. You could ask the same about any work of fiction or any creative work.

Ok, are you trying to be an asshole? Is it something so magical you can't describe it to me why you like it? People usually base their opinions on something but maybe this comic just "tastes like passion" or something equally bullshit and ambiguous. How many times do you buy something substantial or go to a movie not knowing if you'll PROBABLY like it?

Shino, its like Watchmen in the sense of seperate issues that are re-released in volumes. Theres 60 issues out, and 10 volumes of (ish).

You will love it because ;

Action packed, emotional, twists, nice artwork, cool writing, humour-ful at times, colourful yet not "kiddy" etc.

Oh, c'mon, have seen how many different comic book stuff there is? Is hard for a n00b like me to get into it with out getting overwhelmed. There's so many villains and heroes and sometimes they work together or fight each other but aren't really of the same "universe".

My point would be, are this guys friends with Batman or Spiderman or anything like that? I REALLY don't know!!

Invicible is made my Image comics, not Marvel or DC, so no other MAJOR heroes we all know and love (?).

Ok, are you trying to be an asshole? Is it something so magical you can't describe it to me why you like it? People usually base their opinions on something but maybe this comic just "tastes like passion" or something equally bullshit and ambiguous. How many times do you buy something substantial or go to a movie not knowing if you'll PROBABLY like it?

I like comics, but I'm also buying it on the basis of trusting the overwhelmingly positive responses of many members of this forum, not just ReZ (whose opinions are often dubious :p). I bought, and finished vol.1 of Astounding Wolf-Man, a comic by Image in the same universe as Invincible, and by the same writer. It was great fun, and almost...deceptivly simple? Very quick-paced, which makes the surprises even more surprising.

Invicible is made my Image comics, not Marvel or DC, so no other MAJOR heroes we all know and love (?).

no minor ones either :heh:

Invincible is in it's own universe. It's not like Marvel's steady continuity (hah!) where The X Men are friends with The Avengers or whatever.

no minor ones either :heh:

Invincible is in it's own universe. It's not like Marvel's steady continuity (hah!) where The X Men are friends with The Avengers or whatever.

Allthough, technically, Invincible is "friends" with Wolf-Man and stuff, isn't he? They interact/know of each other..? Or at least, the "Actioneers" knew about Guardians Of The Globe in Wolf-Man vol.1...

I suppose so, but it's all Kirkman. You wouldn't see him meet, say, Spawn.

Fuck, I hate Spawn.

Ya ya.

I have no knowledge/desire to know of Spawn whatsoever. Only that he was randomly in Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox.

Spawn rocked and then violently decided to noes dive down hill into a pit of broken glass/used needles/Todd MacFarlane's massive ego. The arc with Houdini was just mind blowing.

spawn20l.jpg

Spawn and Houdini, kick butt, side-by-side.

spawn_flames.jpg

I'm praying they reboot the series because it is off this world awesome. He has a semi-sentient cape ffs!!

Medieval Spawn was also cool.

Edited by Daft

I saw this thread, it looked quite interesting and so is the idea, but I dunno, I'm a little bit put off because it's just a comic really.Ntrly Jokes plzdonthurtmerez. I'm scared I'd fall in love with it, and then end up having to buy it for myself and totally wasting my 20p/future monies/stealing the 'rental' copies onlynotrly cos i wdnt do that but i just cannot afford to get another addiction right now at the minute oksrymaybeillthinkaboutit

Maybe I'll think about it.

the problem is that anyone interested is already set on their own collections. I know I am!

Its true.

Hows about everyone who has read Invincible, write where they're upto, what they'd give it out of /10 and a short quote of why people should buy it, then people just buy it.

ReZ

Issue 60 (TPB10+)

10/10

"I love Invincible, it is well written, drawn, coloured, good characters, good emotions, good twists, lots of action and humour."