NEurope
david.dakota

Excitebots: Trick Racing

Ten10 is greatly disappointed. He was hoping for some Gundam style killer robot destruction fest.

So am I right in assuming you have to do tricks during races to get speed boosts? Say for the football, Drive or fly through a football and shake the wiimote up and down to play keepy up?

We'll just have to wait for F-Zero Wii, as our serious racer with no gimmicks and 20 player online races... I can dream can't I.

So am I right in assuming you have to do tricks during races to get speed boosts?

Nope.

Winning the race isn't necessary (although it does help): the aim of the game was to get points through tricks and stuff.

I reckon this was probably initially being developed as Excite Truck 2 but after Nintendo saw the way in which they had captivated the 'casual' with the likes of Mario Kart Wii, ordered a change in the look of the game to appeal to the younger and more casual market. I may be wrong but I have an incline that that is what has happened here. Shame really, as Excite Truck was a great racing title that just needed some more variety in the vehicles and an online feature akin to Mario Kart Wii and it's be perfect. Still, I'm not saying this will be crap or good. I'm waiting to see what we get although I think we can all understand the pessimism.

I was hoping the mini-games would be an optional side thing. I just don't see why they're making a game marketed to kids either. Monster games is a good studio, they should be working on something for people who actually care about quality, most kids who would buy something like this don't care and will just buy spongebob and movie games.

Now, the game is still made by a team working for Nintendo, so I still have hope for it, and the online is a good thing. And unless this gets really bad reviews, I'll still pick it up. Monster games made Excite Truck. If this is anywhere near as good as Excite truck, It should be good enough for anyone here.

Hopefully we see F-Zero Wii soon with 30 player online and no Mini-games.

This is definitely interesting. Now, first of all, I'm glad that the online has been implemented. Now, due to the nature of ExciteTruck, with the landscape changing, I can understand why maybe it is 6 multiplayer online and not 16.

I'm curious about the animal/insect element of this game. In a way, it reminds me of S.C.A.R.S on the Nintendo64-4-4-4, which I loved. In essence, it seems like they're taking the basics from ExciteTruck and somehow incorporating other elements into it. I'm still going to reserve judgement, as this is very interesting.

Also, I'm very, very curious as to what part the footballs and poker play in the gameplay. It seems very...strange! I need more, Nintendo.

This is definitely interesting. Now, first of all, I'm glad that the online has been implemented. Now, due to the nature of ExciteTruck, with the landscape changing, I can understand why maybe it is 6 multiplayer online and not 16.

I'm curious about the animal/insect element of this game. In a way, it reminds me of S.C.A.R.S on the Nintendo64-4-4-4, which I loved. In essence, it seems like they're taking the basics from ExciteTruck and somehow incorporating other elements into it. I'm still going to reserve judgement, as this is very interesting.

Also, I'm very, very curious as to what part the footballs and poker play in the gameplay. It seems very...strange! I need more, Nintendo.

If it's S.C.A.R.S. you want, I have it for sale :heh:

Everything about this game just screams COMPLETE ROT to me.. but then with it being made by the same people that brought us one of my favourite Wii games, I have to wait and see what happens with it..

This can fuck right off.

I hear that! In a year when actually Nintendo's own AAA releases look to be a little thin on the ground, you have to ask yourself where are the likes of F-Zero, Starfox, a proper Donkey Kong etc.

NP240_Excitebots.jpg

This is directly off Nintendo Power's preview section.

If you read this through, it says it started off with trucks but it didn't feel right because it has more stunts and tricks so they changed it to bots..

This game sounds just bloody stupid, like any fucking catz and dogz that's out there. Excite Truck was fun and it looked good but this one not only looks like a game for 3-year olds but also seems to play like one, what a disappointment. I know I shouldn't judge a game by it's cover (and description) because it could always be a fun game, but still.... :hmm:

I like the look of those screens a lot. It seems there is still a prominent racing element involved.

Cheers 'IronFlame!

Looks pretty good to me! Could be A LOT of fun and I look forward to seeing more!

Cue the backpeddling!

It's a shame that a lot of people are too proud to admit they may have jumped the gun in dismissing it - they'd probably miss out on a pretty damn fine Nintendo game that they moan so much they never receive.

I have to say.. I'm not exactly hating what I see :heh:

The bots are something that I don't find myself liking the look of, but the text sounded really positive and the screenshots pretty nice :smile:

..and I did love my Excite Truck :yay:

Stepping off the bandwagon of pure hatred - but i'm not quite setting sail on the love boat.

I'm just not liking this whole bugs thing. Now, if they'd opted for "Stunt Race FX" style vehicles, or Bond-type gadget cars, i'd be inclined to like it more. But i suppose thats my personal preference.

Back peddling? No, just stalling.

This can fuck right off.

[DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

I have an idea. You and Zech can jump off from the cliff. :)

[/DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

It is nice to see that neither one of you haven't learned anything at all during last two years. Same way of jumping into hasty conclusions, and whining like five year old kids.

It's a shame that a lot of people are too proud to admit they may have jumped the gun in dismissing it - they'd probably miss out on a pretty damn fine Nintendo game that they moan so much they never receive.

Where have you been all my life?

This game sounds awesome. I wasn't quite sure how the bots would be incorporated into the gameplay, but after reading that, I think Monster have created something special here. Look at it, it's the magic from the first game, with other totally new elements added in! Why people are not hyped up for this, I will never know. You just can't please some people.

Cheers, Ironflame.

Wow this is absolutely mental, it's Excite Truck on acid! :hehe:

And the turtle bot looks hilarious, is that a tambourine coming out of it!? :laughing:

Sounds like a great laugh anyway, I'm actually preferring this completely insane concept rather than it just being trucks again.

Euro release date please Nintendo!

I too shall jump on the hate bandwagon for the following reasons:

1) Terrible name

2) Shite box art

3) Awful pre-release info burst makes it sound like a mini-game fest

4) It's out in less than a month and we haven't seen a screen

Why do this Nintendo?

true but on the other hand

1) good track dev

2)nintendo are bad are promoting in general

3) and even then nintendo have enough faith in it to label it to the excite brand.. That means they must have SOME faith in it. I know this isn't the best reason but It says something.

Lovely screens, and it sounds very promising. However, I still need to get Excite Truck...