N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet, Assasins Creed, MotorStorm Arctic Edge and Rock Band PSP announced

Choze

More PSN focus, DLC, online modes etc.

They want to revamp the software aspect of PSP. There is also going to be more of an effort to target girls. Rockband is exclusive.

With a rapidly growing install base, the PSP platform is riding a wave of momentum that will be paired with a new hardware offering and its best software line up to date, demonstrating significant support from SCEA's publishing partners. Two new limited-edition PSP Entertainment Packs will be available in 2009, bundling everything consumers need to jump onto the PSP platform, from the hardware to games, videos, and other content -- all for $199.99 (MSRP).

Hannah Montana PSP Entertainment Pack -- As part of a new focus on expanding the PSP market to female gamers, SCEA will launch this new bundle in July. The pack includes the introduction of the "Lilac" PSP system, Disney Interactive's Hannah Montana PSP game (an exclusive dancing and rhythm action game for gamers to design the show and go on tour as the teen icon), a selection episodes from the Hannah Montana TV series on UMD, a 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, and stickers to customize the PSP.

Assassin's Creed PSP Entertainment Pack -- Ubisoft will debut an exclusive installment of the popular Assassin's Creed franchise on PSP later this year. To commemorate this highly anticipated title, SCEA will launch a new bundle that includes the game, a "Piano Black" PSP, and other content that will be announced later.

SCEA's push toward teen and "tween" girl gamers will also be supported by Ubisoft's Petz® software line, which will make its debut on PSP with new, unique titles later this year. The Petz series allows young players to create and care for cute, furry pets chosen from many different breeds of dogs, cats, horses, hamsters, dolphins, tigers and bunnies.

Publisher support for the PSP system will continue throughout the year with Rock Band Unplugged, launching exclusively on PSP. MTV Games and Harmonix announced separately that gamers will be able to take Rock Band Unplugged on the road with the first ever portable version of the popular music and gaming experience. Rock Band Unplugged will take center stage as it leverages the PSP system's Wi-Fi capabilities and becomes the first PSP game to include a fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content in the North American and Europeans markets.

The third party support for PSP will continue throughout the year with a stellar line up of titles from EA SPORTS. Madden NFL 10 will enable NFL fans to build their own formations and plays from scratch on the PSP. Then, through connectivity with the PS3, the plays can be downloaded and perfected on the console. In addition, Madden NFL 10 will deliver a faster and more "PSP- friendly" gameplay experience to adapt to the PSP owner's lifestyle. And for the golf fans out there, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10 will allow gamers to experience the drama of major golf tournaments with revamped gameplay modes for on and offline play. Look for more EA SPORTS titles to be announced for the PSP this year.

Rounding out the unprecedented publisher support, Square Enix's DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, which has sold 850,000 units since launching before the holidays in Japan, will make its way to North America this summer.

From a first party perspective, SCEA will bring its biggest franchises from the PS3 to the PSP this year, starting with MotorStorm® Arctic Edge and LittleBigPlanet in Fall 2009. These titles will be built from the ground up for PSP, offering users a unique portable experience based on the critically acclaimed franchises. Following are details for each game:

LittleBigPlanet -- Developed in conjunction with MediaMolecule, the critically acclaimed game LittleBigPlanet makes its way to the PSP, offering new SackBoy adventures with the same play, create, share experience for gamers on-the-go, in addition to brand new levels and environments specifically created for the platform.

MotorStorm Arctic Edge -- Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

I think they should add PSN fully. So we can chat across PSP and PS3 and add stuff like trophies.

I am definately interested in the above games like Motorstorm or LBP. Seem perfect for long journeys.

I really should pick up a PSP seeing as they're only £40. The only thing putting me off buying one though is that there are many versions, rumour of a new one and I wouldn't be too sure what games/functionality it has.

Apparently battery life isn't great.

How does online work with the PSP?

http://elhabib.at/2009/02/24/motorstorm-fuer-playstation-portable-motorstorm-arctic-edge-announcement-trailer/

Motorstorm alsof or PS2 and trailer (CG).

I really should pick up a PSP seeing as they're only £40. The only thing putting me off buying one though is that there are many versions, rumour of a new one and I wouldn't be too sure what games/functionality it has.

Apparently battery life isn't great.

How does online work with the PSP?

The latest is the best (3000) but some may want to hack it. In that case it would be the 2000 i think. Battery life is better on the newer versions. You can buy a bigger battery too and they are USB rechargeable(2000 onwards).

Generally you shouldnt worry much. I would go for the PSP 3000 or 2000 personally. 3000 has scanline issues due to the much faster response and hardly any lag which somemay not like.

Online on PSP is not like PS3. Every game uses their own system.

Is the 2000 version just the slim & light or what?

And can you tell me more about the online? Motorstorm would be great on the PSP, I loved Crazi Taxi. Shooting games on it are pants though, but that isn't really what I'd want to play on a portable.

Is the 2000 version just the slim & light or what?

And can you tell me more about the online? Motorstorm would be great on the PSP, I loved Crazi Taxi. Shooting games on it are pants though, but that isn't really what I'd want to play on a portable.

Yeah thats the 2000. Online is more like the PS2 right now. Though PS Store has now been added recently. Hopefully they add contacts and unify it. Trophies have been rumoured.

Portable Rock Band? The only reason the GH games on the DS sold is because of DS brand awareness and Guitar Hero brand awareness. The games themselves played like shit, and no doubt Rock Band for the PSP will too. And without the huge success of either brand names of the PSP or RB, I don't expect it'll do very well. Seems like a mistake to me.

Following up on the surprise revelation that Harmonix's multi-instrument music series Rock Band is somehow heading to the PSP, Primotech claims to have the details. And no, it won't come with an add-on like Guitar Hero DS.

The site says it's learned that the off-shoot, dubbed Rock Band Unplugged, is currently in development at Backbone Entertainment, and will feature tracks from Blink 182, Boston, AFI, Kansas, Lit, and The Police plus DLC support when in arrives this fall.

The gameplay resembles Harmonix's PlayStation 2 games Amplitude and Frequency, with players tapping face buttons in time with an on-screen track. Once players have completed a "phase" on an instrument, that track will apparently play itself for a bit, allowing gamers to switch to the other instruments and build up their score multiplier.

The announcement of RB for the PSP brought a smirk to my face as I started to think of how they'd do it. Sounds like it's going to be a bit gimped really, more so than GH was on the DS. Probably the only upside is that you won't have to get hand cramp from some stupid peripheral where the designers didn't take ergonomics into consideration properly.

As for the other, apart from Assassin's Creed, they were bound to happen. I reckon Assassin's Creed will be far from the exclusive people are hoping for and will probably end up getting a port onto the Wii (it's ubisoft after all).

No idea yet but it should be in good hands. They have a close relationship with Sony fromt he looks of things.

I've always wished they would add PSN properly to the PSP so when I am home it will come up saying I am on my PSP. Knew LBP would come to PSP at some point.

Yes. I wonder why they are taking their time! I guess the store was a priority since they dont earn via online play. But i imagine it will give online gaming a huge boost on the system. With LBP they need to have it ready.

No idea yet but it should be in good hands. They have a close relationship with Sony fromt he looks of things.

Yes. I wonder why they are taking their time! I guess the store was a priority since they dont earn via online play. But i imagine it will give online gaming a huge boost on the system. With LBP they need to have it ready.

Yeah also I think through offering a more robust online service coupled with some kinda of UMD detection (like the wipeout DLC will only work if you have the UMD) will help combat the high piracy rates...

Plus PSN intergration would put it up above the DS in terms of online service if they let you use your PSN contacts etc... I have never played online with my PSP as every game I've ever tried with have failed to find a game.

Yeah also I think through offering a more robust online service coupled with some kinda of UMD detection (like the wipeout DLC will only work if you have the UMD) will help combat the high piracy rates...

Plus PSN intergration would put it up above the DS in terms of online service if they let you use your PSN contacts etc... I have never played online with my PSP as every game I've ever tried with have failed to find a game.

Yeah robust online service is necessary. Shouldnt be far off from PS3 but then again i doubt they planed it and set aside resources. Again even just having contacts working outside of games is good. The BT service is being removed in March so that is probably the next FW update.

Meh... LBP on PSP could be good I guess but I'm not buying, allready had and sold the PS3 original which while fun strangely didn't keep me coming back for very long. ::shrug:

Motorstorm I never liked and never will, Assassin's Creed I'm not bothered about either, I bet it'll be the same broken game ported across, obviously good news if it's not though.

Rock Band Unplugged, intruiging? yes... but it's just gonna be a heavilly skinned version of a game that allready exists most likely allbeit with some of the success of the home console version translated, great for people who love the PSP rhythm action games but what about the tracklist? out of the ones listed, the only artist out of those listed that I only even kind of like would be Blink and only then when I'm in the mood for it lol what would be better is if you could when in range of a PS3, stream all the tracks to the PSP version and play those, which would negate the need for any DLC and make up for what will probably be a massively dissapointing tracklist.

I hadn't been using my PSP much of late, hence I sold it to someone who will hopefully get more enjoyment out of it than I did, anyway at least all of the above games are all good news for people who enjoyed the originals but I'll stick with getting a DSi when it's released thanks. : peace:

lol. Although it has been awhile since the first one was released on the PSP, but then that wasn't too good but it wasn't bad either. Looks like there's going to be another God of War on the PSP though as it seems Sony have approached Ready At Dawn to do another one for them, even though they sent back their PSP dev kits.