Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The EBC

Fierce_LiNk

So, just watched the Wales vs. England rugby on the telly. Game was pretty ok, I didn't think Wales played as well as we could have done, but I'm pleased with the victory.

Anyway, match is over, and it's been over for quite some time. However, I'm still waiting for some focus to be paid to the Welsh victory. Apart from a few quick short interviews with Welsh players (of which the English interviewer didn't seem all that enthused about), all of the focus has been on England.

"How much have England improved since last week?"

"England did well compared to last time, what did they do better?"

I'm really fucking annoyed. It's now half past 7, and they are still talking about England. Ok, fair enough, talk about England, but there surely has to be some talk about Wales. Given that this is being broadcast on the BBC and that Wales are a home nation, why is so little focus being paid to them?

If England had won the game, the could would still be on them, about how well they had done, etc. But, so little focus is actually paid to any of the other home nations, and it's actually really irritating. How long was the Wales Six Nations Triumph talked about? As soon as it's anything that England win, it is talked about for about three times as long.

I don't actually believe that the BBC represents all of Britain. How much time is spent showing News that takes place within Wales, Scotland or Ireland for example? How many times do we actually see a Welsh or Scottish or Irish football match on the telly? Why is it that when there is talk of England, the locations are properly narrowed down to specific areas or cities, but whenever anyone is from Wales, it is just refered to as "Wales", as if it is a city?

Anyway, why not just rename it the EBC and we'll have it done with.

As a Scot, it's very noticeable. When England play Scotland in the rugby I basically have to turn off the commentary because it's so biased it's unbelieveable. Even with Wales playing Scotland last weekend at Murrayfield. Ok, Scotland were bloody awful but the commentator was Welsh and even if Scotland did something good, which wasn't very often, he constantly critised it.

The BBC are really bad for their coverage of things situated outside of England, and their commentaries for the sporting programs are overly biased towards anyone other than the English. That England/Italy game... all that was mentioned was the terrible English performance and the poor performance of Bergomasco, which wasn't really his fault due to poor placement by the coach. Nothing was mentioned of the fact that Italy, who are steadily getting better as a rugby nation, played extremely well against the English, especially in the second half.

They really do need to sort it out. I just watch the sport with the sound on mute now it's so bad. And as for the news coverage, there's no point mentioning it because it's even worse. But you're right, it is more EBC than BBC.

tbf they do have Jonathan Davies in the studio with his most blatant favouritism towards Wales. Want to smash my tv in whenever he opens his mouth.

Yeah, but he was sandwiched in between the other three England-goers. It was nice to get some un-English thoughts in there.

Anyway, with only 2 replies (not counting rez), I doubt anyone really cares. But, the majority of people here are English anyway, so tis doomed.

^ but that was brought in by the Scottish government I believe. Not really unbalanced there. We do have our own 'government', even if it is run by nationalist pricks who don't have a clue :heh:.

I'm pretty sure it's our treasury which funds the whole fucking thing though. Be grateful, you do better out of us than you think.