NEurope
ReZourceman

Film Review Poll, Urgent and Plentiful Input Needed

See post./  

12 members have voted

1. 1. See post./

• Main score to reflect the reviewers text only, and be that reviewers score.
    • Main score to reflect the reviewers text, but consider the other reviewers scores also.
    • Main score to be the average of all reviewers scores.
    • Other (please list)

On a film review site okay ;

Person A writes the main review.

Person A puts a score for the film below the review.

Below the score is the breakdown of each reviewers score, there are five reviewers. Person A has considered the scores of the other four reviewers and has adjusted the main score accordingly.

E.g.

Review

Blah blah blah.

Score - 9/10

Person A - 9.5/10

Person B - 7.2/10

Person C - 8.1/10

Person D - 8.5/10

So that the review text reflects the official score more than anything, whilst also giving an idea of the overall acceptance. etc.

Now, what would you prefer this be? Please see the poll and vote.

Thanks.

I think you might aswell have the reviewer give their score, but then [like you've shown], have others give their impression/score underneath.

A viewer can work out an average themselves. If it got 9, 9, 9, 3, 8... there's no point letting the average drop on their account; the viewer can just tell it wasn't someones cup of tea.

I think you might aswell have the reviewer give their score, but then [like you've shown], have others give their impression/score underneath.

A viewer can work out an average themselves. If it got 9, 9, 9, 3, 8... there's no point letting the average drop on their account; the viewer can just tell it wasn't someones cup of tea.

I agree with this

Seconded, there should be 2 scores. One for the main reviewer and a second for the average.

In gamesTM they have a final score, then underneath it a succinct abbreviation of the entire review. I like the summing-up, but I guess it is in danger of leading people astray if they haven't read the reviews.

IGN do the reviewer score and reader average score. That sounds like what you want.

Whatever you do, the reviewer score should never be changed by other people's opinions. That just ruins the whole point of a written review.

I prefer the reviewer giving his/her score based on his/her review of said product.

Then a section below giving readers/viewers etc the chance to view their comments as such.

Basically, what Retro_Link said i agree with.

You should have 4 short reviews and scores. Then someone should sum up these reviews and give an outline to why you may or may not like it - without giving a score.

Alternative scores are pointless if there's no review text to give meaning to them, especially with films. I voted that the main score should reflect solely the text of the review, but ideally I think you ought to banish the concept of alternative scores altogether. If someone wants an idea of general acceptance they can go to Rotten Tomatoes and not only get an average but more importantly have the option to follow the links to read the reasons behind reviewer A giving a film 5/5 and reviewer B giving it 2.