Formula 1 2009

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 8: Button, Barrichello, Webber, Vettel, Trulli, Alonso, Rosberg, Raikkonen

Podium: Webber, Vettel, Jenson

Just gonna go for it actually and put Webber down for his first win!

Qually: 3, 7, 6, 4, 5, 0, 2, 0 = 27

EDIT:

Think Vettel's got this one!... :o

1. Sebastian Vettel 666.5

2. Rubens Barrichello 657.5

3. Mark Webber 659.5

4. Jarno Trulli 658.0

5. Kazuki Nakajima 652.5

6. Jenson Button 657.5

7. Nico Rosberg 661.5

8. Timo Glock 660.0

9. Kimi Raikkonen 654.0

10. Fernando Alonso 654.0

11. Felipe Massa 675.0 *

12. Robert Kubica 689.5 *

13. Heikki Kovalainen 695.5 *

14. Nelson Piquet 682.5 *

15. Nick Heidfeld 665.5 *

16. Giancarlo Fisichella 668.0 *

17. Sebastien Bourdais 687.5 *

18. Adrian Sutil 692.0 *

19. Lewis Hamilton 666.0 *

20. Sebastien Buemi 672.5 *

Also...

James Allen was doing the press conference today!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8111044.stm

Edited by Retro_Link

Nakajima 5th? Wow, the boy might finally be about to come good.

Although I hope Button wins it tomorow (and it'll be a hell of a fight if he does) I certainly hope this is an indication of Red Bull's pace for the following rounds. We may just have a championship fight to enjoy after all.

That really is amazing Vettel got pole then, an easy 1-2 for them I think so long as nothing goes to far wrong.

I really hope this is an indication of things to come for the rest of the season. Not because I have anything against Brawn GP, I just think the championship and F1 as a whole could really do with this battle opening up again.

Looking forward to the race.

Can I just say... there has to be something wrong in the rules somewhere, when the back half of the cars that make it into Q3, fair worse in the race than those that didn't get out of Q2.

I felt really sorry for Nakajima, Kimi, and Alonso!

Nakajima and Kimi were P4 and P5 after the first lap and Alonso qualified in the top 10, and yet because they are not allowed to do anything with fuel weights they ultimately got punished for it; whilst the likes of Massa started P11 and ended up 4th!

Also something drastically needs to change regarding overtaking!!

SO many people were effected by the lack of it today, whether they were stuck behind Barichello, Trulli or the BMW's etc... it was an absolute joke!

And seriously WTF!! We shold be having two British GP's let alone worrying about it's future or where it's gonna be held, because Silverstone is just awesome!!... albeit a pretty dull race today in many respects.

Well done to Vettel though, truely great performance!

Vettel was absolutely brilliant today! Won by a country mile. To finish 40 seconds ahead of Rubens, wow. Also, well done Fisichella, just 2 seconds off getting a point today :(

As regards to overtaking, I think a track like Silverstone is actually fine. It's tracks like the Hungaroring and Spain which are processions that are the issue. They just need to get rid of the high levels of downforce the cars have and shift it more to mechanical grip. Get rid of the double diffuser and other downforce components. I loved it in Australia when it felt like the cars were all over the place.

Fiscis double overtake at the start was quite awesome as well.

Yeah that was the best moment of the race for me today, similar to when Heidfeld did it a year ago. But yes, I strongly agree they need to sort out the qualifying weight issue. It's a joke. Nakajima had a great chance of points today and it seems the rules worked against him. The lack of overtaking was horrible today, they need to get rid of the aero grip, quickly.

The ban on refuelling is a good move in the sense that it will prevent what we saw today [Nakajimi, Kimi, Alonso getting screwed for getting through to Q3], happening next year.

Also, seems the rules regarding rev limited V8 engines have gone too far... stupid FIA!

Martin Brundle brought up the fact when on-board with Hamilton that in the slip-stream the engine was bouncing off the rev limiter and he couldn't make any progress.

So much for changing all the aero regs to try and improve overtaking, how about firstly taking the rev limiters off!... and bring back V10's!

The ban on refuelling is a good move in the sense that it will prevent what we saw today [Nakajimi, Kimi, Alonso getting screwed for getting through to Q3], happening next year.

Also, seems the rules regarding rev limited V8 engines have gone too far... stupid FIA!

Martin Brundle brought up the fact when on-board with Hamilton that in the slip-stream the engine was bouncing off the rev limiter and he couldn't make any progress.

So much for changing all the aero regs to try and improve overtaking, how about firstly taking the rev limiters off!... and bring back V10's!

Thinking about some of the changes, they really are stupid. I mean a rev limiter ffs. How else are you supposed to overtake..? No wonder there hasn't been any! Like I said before, they really need to scale back the aero again next year especially the double diffuser lark as well. I really hope next season is more intersting and we get more passing on the track because this season has seen soooo little. I've been watching a few videos on youtube and even less than 10 years ago it was so much more action packed. It really is a procession this season and, yes the battle between the Brawns and Red Bull is refresing but I'm hoping for more next year (which after hearing comments today, I think it will be one 'F1' championship and the breakaway threat will go away soon).

Luca vs Mosley today in Paris.

Fate of F1 being decided right there? Sure looks like it. Also, don't know if anyone saw the list of potential FOTA race tracks for next season but Hungaroring, Barcalona and Valencia are all GONE! Singapore is staying but i'm happy with that because atleast there IS a chance to overtake there.

Imola is back but with a few changes it could be brilliant, especially considering the atmostphere there.