Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2009

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the two tier system proposal, both Ferrari and BMW have threatened to quit F1:

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/news/146382/1/bmw_joins_ferrari_in_f1_quit_threat_over_budget_cap.html

Have to agree with Ferrari and BMW; a two tier system is actually completely stupid. Combine that with the 'winner take all' system and it makes you realise how pointless it's gonna be for the slower drivers.

Oh and sorry to tell you Mosley, F1 can't survive without Ferrari. He's clearly delusional; how can the worlds best manufacturer not be in F1? Seriously.

Also I wonder if Retro Link gave Kimi that Magnum...i'm waiting for the pics!

Have to agree with Gizmo on this one, the sport is much bigger than Ferrari. I really don't think they would leave anyway, without F1 Ferrari lose a hell of a following.

I still hope the wins for the championship comes in in some form, I actually think it would be good.

:sad: opening of the Ferrari store wasn't as good as everyone there had hoped for...

Day started off well enough, I got to Regent Street bang on 11.00am and was met with 6 Ferrari's in a line waiting at the lights as they made their way towards the store. Some 355's an Enzo, a 430 etc... and they parked up in a pen for the press in the side street.

Not long after I got to the store Kimi arrived from somewhere, no idea where, he hadn't been in one of the Ferrari's cos I checked as I'd passed them on the street [and if he had been would have probably thrown myself in front of his car at the lights].

Anyways, he got in a few of the Ferrari show cars, sunglasses on and his gangster style team cap... and he actually seemed in a really good mood, actually smiling!

But then he was bussled inside the store, there were ALOT of press/photographers that were in front of the fans, and he only signed about 3 autographs on his way through for anyone just lucky enough to have found an opening.

Then stood infront of the shop, I was at the front now and in absolute prime position for an autograph or what have you, but as bad luck would have it he didn't come back out the front did he... no, he was driven away out the back!... even though after walking the streets I actually can't see a back but still!... ah well!

As it turned out he was really just there for the a press opening, as the interviews were conducted in a set up 'studio' just inside the doors and stayed for the hour that lasted.

Saw him walking around inside the store once or twice, but us true fans were held back while this absolute ugly, fat, rich business man [and some fit women mind you!] who obviously had some connections with Ferrari/the store were handed special passes that allowed them inside to sample the champaigne and buffet reception.

That's what pissed everyone off because the only people getting inside clearly didn't give a damn about F1 or Kimi, they were just there for the show!

Anyways, so it was rather anti-climatical, but I did get to see him at least!

Just turns out it was more of a press event than a public event, shame!

Though I did somewhat meet Jackie Stewart [:hmm: meh!]... but didn't speak to him as I didn't have anything for him to sign other than my Kimi cap, and he ain't signing that!

s6001068.jpg

s6001066c.jpg

s6001071.jpg

Oh and there were plenty of VERY fit Ferrari PR girls [handing out stupid passes], so...!! :D

The one on the right of this photo was stunning!

Edited by Retro_Link

It's a real shame that Ferrari opening wasn't so good, you're London pics in the other thread look good though! Did you manage to get in the store at all later on? Probably fair enough letting VIP's in over other fans, someone who might buy a few cars off them a year is far more important to them than a few hundred people who might buy a mug.

As for Super Aguri it would be good to see them back in - it will be good to see anyone coming in if it gets the sport back up to a full grid.

It's a real shame that Ferrari opening wasn't so good' date=' you're London pics in the other thread look good though! Did you manage to get in the store at all later on? Probably fair enough letting VIP's in over other fans, someone who might buy a few cars off them a year is far more important to them than a few hundred people who might buy a mug.[/quote']haha yeah! though Ferrari would do better not to piss off any fans now who may be buying their cars in the future... those fat old men aint gonna be with them forever!

Didn't get to go in the store, it wasn't re-opening until 5.00pm, until after they'd closed down the launch party, and had a coach to catch. Bit of a shame but I'll be in London again sometime.

Overall it was a pretty good day though, enjoyed walking round London.

As for Super Aguri it would be good to see them back in - it will be good to see anyone coming in if it gets the sport back up to a full grid.
Yeah I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more cars on the grid. Seems they are set on 26 cars [another 3 teams] for the near future. Wonder if we'll ever see F1 return to the older days of up to 30-40 cars on the grid!

Seems crazy when you think about such numbers now!

Edited by Retro_Link

Though I did somewhat meet Jackie Stewart [ meh!]... but didn't speak to him as I didn't have anything for him to sign other than my Kimi cap, and he ain't signing that!
Dude, Jackie Stewart? THE Jackie Stewart? I'd have probably ripped my shirt open and asked him initial my nipples. It's Jackie Stewart!

Dude, Jackie Stewart? THE Jackie Stewart? I'd have probably ripped my shirt open and asked him initial my nipples. It's Jackie Stewart!
haha yeah the Jackie Stewart, he was just hanging around outside the store and looking at the cars and stuff.

Yes he's an F1 legend, but I think it's a bit different when you haven't seen him race or anything, I wouldn't really feel the need for his autograph. Great seeing him though!

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Finally, the European races are here. Granted it's Spain so unlikely to be a classic, but all the new parts should make it interesting. First practice session I'm gonna be able to watch live too, since I was always at school when they were on before.

Well on the evidence of P1 & P2 nothing seems to have changed between the teams! They've all progressed somewhat and the order is pretty much the same as before.

And yeah both Spanish races are boring!

Brawn partners with Terminator Salvation

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75119

"Our promotional partnership will see our race cars and our garage branded with the famous Terminator imagery as we help launch one of Hollywood's biggest movies of the year to over 580 million Formula One viewers in over 90 countries.

lol, all I saw was an A1 sized poster stuck up in their garage!

Oh and they had this on their rear wing... but you couldn't make it out!

53450_2.jpg

This is how you do promotion!...

RedBull2005-2.jpg

973543547_d574c70e2b.jpg?v=0

Edited by Retro_Link

WHY.ARE.FERRARI.SO.SLOW.

:(

Both Kimi and Felipe feel they've made a step forward, not one to catch Brawn and Red Bull mind.

Today they were focusing on race setup and long runs and if you look at long stint times they were apparently not far off Brawn and RB; especially Kimi did well.

Also they used P1 and P2 to really evaluate and compare the new parts.

They are gonna focus on Qually setup in P3 tomorrow morning.

Qualli and the Football are on at the same time! Argh. I'm watching the Football live, so whats the best way to catch qualifying rerun without accidentally catching a glimpse of the result from a headline?

FERRAR1892_mad_smiley_banging_head_against_a_brick_wall.gif

What the fuck are they doing!... how could they make the Q1 mistake again!!

Poor Kimi!... but at least the car now has some pace!

And if I see Eddie Jordan I'm giving him a right kicking, the stupid little prick!

.....anyways!

Unlucky Rubens, Button can sod off, and good job by Vettel!

Edited by Retro_Link

cant you watch it on the red button later? I'm not sure on that, but I think you can.

I know you definatly can on Sky but I'm not sure about freeview. If not try the BBC iPlayer or the BBC F1 website.

Good session today, was a bit gutted Vettel didn't get pole and glad to see the midfield a bit mixed up. If Massa is light he could lead come turn one with his KERS boost off the line, should be a good race.

Anyone catch the news of Kimi potentially quitting F1?

Is this something new or the same rubbish that's followed him around for the last 3 years?

He's always said Ferrari will be his last team in F1.

and at the moment he's actually pretty positive...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75173

EDIT: OHH! It's regarding this... the two tier/budget cap bollocks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8041530.stm

"This is not F1 anymore. That's why there is a question mark. We'll see what happens," the Finn said.

Great interview with him actually! Happy, smiling, joking... and the Magnum stuff!

Ferrari as a team and BMW have said the same thing about the two tier/budget cap, with Renault/Alonso and McLaren also saying they'd have to consider their future.

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!