NEurope

Well being released from the pits behind Massa after the first stint is what did it. When Webber got that Drive through you wouldn't expect Webber to win, I mean with how bad overtaking has been this season. Less we forget even with badly graining rear tyres Barrichello held off the charging Alonso at the end who was lapping over a second quicker, it could have been so much different.

but you can't blame the team for a faulty fuel rig. Every team gets the same ones and the KERS equipped Ferrari was able to hold him up.

EDIT: Silly me forgetting what Ross Brawn said after the race, You can disregard my comments. He could have been fighting for a podium.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Bourdais' out, Alguersauri's in...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76945

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Jaime Alguersuari will become the youngest Formula 1 driver in history when he makes his debut for the Scuderia Toro Rosso team as replacement for Sebastien Bourdais at the Hungarian Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Following a weekend of speculation about Bourdais' future, on the back of a disappointing first half to the campaign, Toro Rosso is expected to confirm within the next 48 hours that it has decided to part company with the Frenchman.

And although the team has decided that reigning British F3 champion Alguersuari will be slotted into the seat alongside Sebastien Buemi, an announcement confirming the plan is not expected until after the Spaniard has finished competing in this weekend's World Series by Renault race at Le Mans.

Toro Rosso has decided to give the youngster the race opportunity in spite of his lack of experience as it is the only way for him to gain experience in preparation for a full season in 2010, due to the in-season testing ban. The team has so far declined to comment on the situation.

There are also suggestions that Alguersuari's step up is being eased by Spanish oil company Repsol, who are personal backers of the youngster and are poised to tie-up a deal with Toro Rosso.

Alguersuari's step-up means he will make his debut at the age of 19 years and 125 days. It beats the previous record of 19 years and 182 days held by Mike Thackwell, who drove for Tyrrell in Canada 1980 - although was officially a non-starter after a first-lap red flag.

The next youngest driver was Ricardo Rodriguez, who raced for Ferrari at the 1961 Italian Grand Prix aged 19 years and 208 days.

Despite Alguersuari's promotion to the race seat, Sebastien Loeb remains linked with a switch to F1 with Toro Rosso once his commitments in the world rally championship are finished this season.

T'is fare enough.

Of course with no testing the reserve drivers aren't getting the practice they need behind a racing car, tis a shame.,

Yeah it's quite a problem. Really how are drivers expected to develop for F1?... it's pretty dangerous to just stick them in a race, but it's really the only option atm. Friday practice is vital for race setup and the only other chance is that teams are given 3 days of new driver testing at the end of the season.

They were also saying in Friday commentory that drivers such as Luizzi who have already raced a season in F1 are not allowed to go back and race in GP2.

It'll be interesting to see him action, somebody at TR seems to have a good eye for young talent after Vettel and Buemi.

The official Rubens 'Blah Blah Blah' song has gone live on youtube, fucking LOL:

ROFL! Thanks for that Goron, absolute classic!!

and Eddie Jordan at the end... LOLS!

It's so amazing, especially the 'blah blah blah' part haha. And when Rubens is saying 'You're favouring Jenson' and Ross is thinking 'Now that's an idea' :D

Not strictly F1 news but racing news none the less. Truly sad day for the sport, Henry Surtees (Son of John - 1964 WDC) was killed in a horrific freak accident in Formula 2 at Brands Hatch today when a stray wheel from another crash hit him as he drove into it at 150+ k/mh. It's thought part of the suspension still attached to the wheel penetrated his helmet but details are very scarce.

Some information can be found on Autosport.com

My thoughts are with the Surtees family and people closly linked with him in the sport. A tragic day, which reminds us just how brutal motor racing can be. Despite the massive efforts to increase safety it hits home hard when you bear witness to a loss of human life in something both you, as a viewer, and the unfortunate victim are so deeply passionate about.

RIP Henry.

That's some real bad luck right there, getting knocked out so he couldn't brake. He could have been quite the British Racing star in F1 in the future. R.I.P and best wishes to his grieving friends and relatives.

That doesn't look good. F1 on bbc one

Has been hit by debris, quite similar to that surtees guy the other day, but a piece of metal is a lot smaller but harder. Just been airlifted to hospital.

Edited by stuwii

It isn't as bad as the F2 accident, Massa is talking, get over it.

Well, that was all a bit nuts, annoying not having the timing screens. Thank god Massa is ok though, looks like that an inch to the right and that piece of debris could've gone straight through his helmet visor. I hope he makes a rapid recovery, though I would not be surprised if he's out of commission for tomorrow.

Glad Massa is ok. It's a shame, the debris hitting the helmet is really the only real danger left, and it's so odd to have two similar incidents so close together. I'm sure he'll be fine though. I suppose since he has qualified Ferrari are unable to use a test driver?

Thought it was hilarious aswell when Alonso was running around at the end asking everyone their time, discovering he was faster each time.

Massa to undergo surgery, guess it was a bit more then a purely superficial injury. Get well soon Fillipe:

"Following a complete medical examination it emerged that he had suffered a cut on his forehead, a bone damage of his skull and a brain concussion. These conditions need to be operated on after which he will remain under observation in intensive care."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77276

That was horrible! and freaky considering GP2 accident this week!

Glad he'd OK!!... just the thought of what could have been had it gone through his visor doesn't bare thinking about!!... wish him a speedy recovery!

What an eventful qualifying, bet the actual race doesn't even have a tenth of the drama in it. Massa was seriously unlucky but fortunately he should be ok. I must admit Button swearing live on TV when he found out Alonso was a second quicker then him has made my day. Really hope we don't have a procession tomorrow but its Hungary so im sure it will be.