Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Lottery

Kirkatronics

Well that's pretty much all this forum is - a place to discuss your opinion! At least the guy's trying to have a discussion, instead of just being a nob like you! You being a mod should know these things after all!

no

I think the point Dan was trying to make is its not encouraging discussion, its encouraging just the opposite; a standard yes/no response off everyone with no flow between them.

(except, ironically, this mini-discussion :p)

yes

My girlfriend's nan won about 4 million about 10 years ago.

And I also used to teach a lottery winner how to drive about 3 years ago. He won £5 million. He used to buy me lunch half way through the lesson and gave me a grand when he passed as a thank you present. Usually, I wouldn't accept cash gifts but I wasn't turning this one down!

I was 16 in 1994, so I was just about old enough to play it when it first launched, and I think I could count on one hand the amount of times I have played.

As somebody else said (quite brilliantly actually) the lottery is a tax on stupidity!

Maybe to add a bit more discussion to this thread (to appease Dan) what would you do if you won? Quit work? Keep on working? Not let the money change you? Go on a massive drugs binge and die penniless at the age of 27?

When I was living in Newport, one of my neighbours had someone in the family who won the lottery. Jackpot, so ended up becoming loaded. Although, I've not heard anything of her since. So, she's either tucked it all away, or spent it all.

Ironically, I've won more underage than I ever have when I reached the age of legality. Although, I stopped playing when I got older, and spent the money on chocolate instead.

Usually it's the other way around. Aw well.

Still, I won 3 tenners in my life-time. The 30 quid got put into my bank account, which I think withdrew later...for crap. God, I could use that 30 quid now.

Maybe to add a bit more discussion to this thread (to appease Dan) what would you do if you won? Quit work? Keep on working? Not let the money change you? Go on a massive drugs binge and die penniless at the age of 27?

If i won i think i would invest it in property (renting and stuff). Sure i'd buy all my fancy stuff first, but i'd try to keep myself set for life. I'd also by my mates an expensive (<£10000) something each.

If i won i think i would invest it in property (renting and stuff). Sure i'd buy all my fancy stuff first, but i'd try to keep myself set for life. I'd also by my mates an expensive (<£10000) something each.

Investing in property would be good for someone in this climate, that had readily available cash.

I think I'd just buy enough for me to live in, a nice detached, smallish house. Then budget myself maybe 40/50k to go on a shopping spree (yay) then squirrel the rest away, for living costs n whatever else. Fun and sensible!:heh:

I once won the lottery, but I picked the numbers may friend told me - who was a bit of a nutter. I won quite a bit, we're talking millions. I thought it was fine at first, I gave up my job and just chilled. Then I got loads of bad luck all of sudden... all sorts of crazy shit - I thought it might be punishment from God. The fast food place I went to and helped out, that got destroyed randomly and my new house caught on fire - then my Dad who I hadn't seen for years came back all of a sudden. Oh, I wonder what he wants.

Anyway, I want to get away from it all - I'm going on a vacation.

I got 5 out of 6 numbers right on the Virginia Lottery and the 45 i needed was a 43 :( which would have made me a millionaire

The prize should have been around $10,000 but a couple other people hit the same numbers so i only got around $3000.

Still, easiest 3000 bucks i ever acquired :yay: