NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe Summer Meetup, innit - Hyde Park, Saturday 18th July. No penguins allowed.

yep ~ no problem!

Yatta. :yay:

yes indeed. though you 3 can fight among yourselves as to who gets the floor.

there are 2 sofas and a floor. i can provide covers, pillows and a sleeping bag for the short-straw-drawer :grin:

also if you guys are up for afterparty style drinking-mario-kart fun ~ jamba is the ultimate master of this game... just need one of you to bring a GC pad and we may have multiplayer action funs! :yay:

so unless villan, scg or dyson decide not go come -

SORRY, NO MORE VACANCIES @ HOTEL BLUEY

In before no vacancy. I rule!

Shotgun sofa! And Mario Kart to boot?! I think I made the right choice :D:bowdown:

I call shotgun on second sofa! :grin:

Looks like Sam has the floor... :heh:

And I'll bring a GC pad for the funsies. :smile:

yep ~ no problem!

Okie dokie! just lemme know asap if you're coming or not ^_^

yes indeed. though you 3 can fight among yourselves as to who gets the floor.

there are 2 sofas and a floor. i can provide covers, pillows and a sleeping bag for the short-straw-drawer :grin:

also if you guys are up for afterparty style drinking-mario-kart fun ~ jamba is the ultimate master of this game... just need one of you to bring a GC pad and we may have multiplayer action funs! :yay:

so unless villan, scg or dyson decide not go come -

SORRY, NO MORE VACANCIES @ HOTEL BLUEY

Damnit after party sounds awesome fun! Mario Kart and drinking doesn't get much better.

Ah, I love having places to sleep either side of London - in an emergency, I (probably) can have a few people crash with me in my new house in Guildford, but only if I get the keys beforehand. And you don't mind a half hour train ride out of Waterloo followed by another half hour walk to my house. So, yeah, kinda emergency (ie your hotel burns down) only...

Oh, and cunning plan: cricket/French cricket (easier/more sociable/less lethal) anyone?

Ah, I love having places to sleep either side of London - in an emergency, I (probably) can have a few people crash with me in my new house in Guildford, but only if I get the keys beforehand. And you don't mind a half hour train ride out of Waterloo followed by another half hour walk to my house. So, yeah, kinda emergency (ie your hotel burns down) only...

Oh, and cunning plan: cricket/French cricket (easier/more sociable/less lethal) anyone?

What train are you catching to guildford that takes 30 mins! Doesn't it take an hour?

Whoa I checked some times and while some are an hour others are 30 mins thats awesome, I am before you line wise and it takes 45 mins to get to my stop. Guess diversions are taken.

I'd just like to express my dislike of football, and that I will maybe sit near the perimiter on my own! :D

I'd just like to express my dislike of football, and that I will maybe sit near the perimiter on my own! :D

Sit with me...

I'll bring cake! :grin: (ooh maybe cupcakes)

if letty and coolness sit a few meters apart from each other - they can be goalposts :grin:

maybe me and someone else can be the other set of posts too...

that way everyone's still playing!! we'll just have to duck and dive a bit more :o

Aww, we can't have people as goalposts, because they'll surely be hit.

Except at our end, since the opposing team will never get within an earshot of our goal. ;)

Omj! that would be awesome. Strangely I have been goal posts before! :D

Also I read your post wrong and thought you said the other Goal Posts should be Ducks! :grin:

I remember when I had a football net in the garden and my sister used to WHAM! (occasional football to the groin incidents :p) it into the back of the net, which promptly meant the insecure net just cascaded down on top of me and I got entangled into the mesh, helpless and confused as my mother stared out the window and said "What would you like to drink?" :)

Aww, we can't have people as goalposts, because they'll surely be hit.

Except at our end, since the opposing team will never get within an earshot of our goal. ;)

thats where the ducking and diving element comes in. then it's a game for all involved!!

for those playing football: football!

for those being goalposts: football+dodgeball!!

:bouncy:

c'maaaan.. admit it - i'm a genius.

That would be quite funny, haha. :D

Aww, I'm looking forward to this a lot now. When me and Haden meet...Armageddon.

thats where the ducking and diving element comes in. then it's a game for all involved!!

I think you're missing the point as to why those people will be sitting...

You're a genius.

Although the ball does naturally want to hit me. (which briefly made me a competent Goal Keeper) until I got a bit temperamental, haha! :D

lol, goalposts -excellent idea :P

I would very seriously like to be referee. the middle of the pitch is an excellent place for the streaking to begin I think I am level-headed, and steady-handed enough to carry a drink while running with a whistle.

Can someone bring a whistle?

Can't you pick one up from a toy shop next time you're in Shef town centre? I'm sure they're not more than 99p :heh:

Ok, I've just been checking ticket prices etc for the train - I'm guessing its got to be the best way to travel from where I am, quicker than the bus anyway - and the ticket prices seem fine, about £40 for tickets there and back IF I book them early.

Also...

I was finally persuaded by the lovely Bluey. :yay: Who said she'd kindly meet me from a station so I don't spend the day hopelessly wandering around London! :D

Bluey would it be ok if I met up with you and Coolness at the station? I must confess that I don't know my way around London that well and like Coolness I would most likey end up wandering around the streets for ages just trying to find places :/ lol.

So IF this is ok... Coolness do you know what time and on what day you will be arriving and at which station? IF you know then I could go ahead and book tickets so it would coincide with the time that you get there / the time that Bluey is picking you up. :smile:

Also again IF this is all ok then Coolness, I'll need to know what day / time you're planning on returning if Bluey is giving you a lift back to the station as well.

I don't like to assume anything though so I'm asking all these questions, it's fine if it's not ok but I just need to know these things before I book tickets, thats all : peace: and again it's still not 100% confirmed that I'm coming yet, I mean it IS but... I need to check with work on Monday that I can go ahead and book the time off and that no-one else is off work at that time, otherwise it will most likely be a no-go. :(

Anyway, if you could both get back to me whenever you can on those questions it would be most appreciated. ^^

Can't you pick one up from a toy shop next time you're in Shef town centre? I'm sure they're not more than 99p :heh:

First one to leave the house does it. Go.

lol, goalposts -excellent idea :P

I would very seriously like to be referee. the middle of the pitch is an excellent place for the streaking to begin I think I am level-headed, and steady-handed enough to carry a drink while running with a whistle.

Can someone bring a whistle?

I have all my refereeing equipment. Whistles, cards, booking sheets, flags, uniform.

Right I've just realised that i'm not working that saturday so *drum roll please*, Goron_3 shall be there!

Should be a good un!

Also...

Bluey would it be ok if I met up with you and Coolness at the station? I must confess that I don't know my way around London that well and like Coolness I would most likey end up wandering around the streets for ages just trying to find places :/ lol.

So IF this is ok... Coolness do you know what time and on what day you will be arriving and at which station? IF you know then I could go ahead and book tickets so it would coincide with the time that you get there / the time that Bluey is picking you up. :smile:

Also again IF this is all ok then Coolness, I'll need to know what day / time you're planning on returning if Bluey is giving you a lift back to the station as well.

I don't like to assume anything though so I'm asking all these questions, it's fine if it's not ok but I just need to know these things before I book tickets, thats all : peace: and again it's still not 100% confirmed that I'm coming yet, I mean it IS but... I need to check with work on Monday that I can go ahead and book the time off and that no-one else is off work at that time, otherwise it will most likely be a no-go. :(

Anyway, if you could both get back to me whenever you can on those questions it would be most appreciated. ^^

I think Haden and Jamba will be there to? :)

Awesome we could be wandering buddies braving the streets of London alone. :p

It will most probably be on the Saturday unfortunately as of yet I have not arranged any of that as we were going to arrange that nearer the time but if Bluey says we can meet you and you need to book tickets I'm sure we can arrange it sooner. :D

I'm going to head back that evening. If someone just shows me a train station I'm sure I can find my way home not so much of a problem.

I do hope you come! :yay:

Also:

GOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :yay:

Ha cheers for the shout out there Coolness!

Should be good! Have to work out how i'm getting there/where I'm spending the night though. That my friend could be tricky.

Oh god football.

We better play that 1000 card game sometime, or at least just makes some cards again. That was awesomeawesomeawesome last Hyde Park meet. Though Rez needs a psyciatrist :P

Man, 1000 blank white cards could be immense but it's so soul destroying trying to describe it to people.

Yes, but I still don't have a clue what you're meant to do just making the cards was fun as hell anyway :P

lol ~ we'll be leading an expedition :heh:

yeah thats ok!! wil let you know sooner the time exactly when and where to meet and send you my mobile number via PM etc.

coolness, what station do you come into again?? victoria...?