N-Europe

The Wrasslin' thread

Jav_NE

I can't watch SmackDown too often, it's on at difficult times for me. I do sometimes manage to catch it late-night Saturday/early Sunday morning repeat, though. But that only depends on how late it's on.

I've never known Smackdown to be on Sundays. From my viewage recollection, i believe its on Friday nights and early Saturday mornings.

It would need something bloody spectacular to make Cena do a heel turn. I know he's been a heel before, but he's such a babyface now it would require something huge.

Saying that, though, it can be easy to switch between face & heel; all it would require is to attack somebody of the same as them and they've turned (Big Show attacked Mysterio when he came back, and Jericho constantly attacking Michaels, both last year.), but it would take something just as small - yet significant - to put yourself back. (Undertaker the heel raising Hardy's hand after a match turned Taker back into a face.) So I don't know what they would do to make Cena a heel.

Also, could anybody imagine Randy Orton as a face? I just can't see it; he does the heel gimmick so well. I just wonder that, when he does do the inevitable face turn, what he would be like.

• 8 months later...

Ain't seen this thread about for a long time, well 7-8 months anyway. Talk about a revival.

I've got so so many memories of wrestling, the Triple H/Stiener pose off was amusing i have to hand that to you.

But one that does have a load of laughs from me was when Eddie Guererro sold all of Kurt Angles stuff to the fans in the middle of the ring.

Ya Eddie's character started getting good at the lying cheating motto came in, much more unpredictable

Knew this was in youtube somewhere, but overall,

Scott Steiner was a embarrassment to wrestling

A honorable mention for this too.. what were they on?

Edited by Sec

Fuckin brilliant,

Ah Kurt, the only guy to have both wrestling ability and great mic skills!

Whats the "If I could make anyone in history tap out, I'd have to pick...Jesus" thing? it from the video, cos i did jus skip to the singing portion

I'm still watching it...though I have no feckin' idea why.

Raw is fucking shit with these guest hosts every bloody week. Only a few times have there been any semi-decent moments with these hosts.

It wasn't too bad at first, to be honest. You know, back when they started doing it and we didn't know just how fucking long they were going to drag this bullshit on for.

At least Stone Cold will be a guest host soon. He better fucking Stunner some people!

But, please, WWE, get a proper person to be GM and make them PERMANENT!

I know: Get Tiffany in. Now that ECW's finished, she will do. Just anyone will do! PLEASE!

[/rant]

Looks like they're winding down the guest host thing. They're constantly ripping it on TV, well, getting Miz and Jericho to do it, and they haven't announced any hosts after Austin, which is only a few weeks away. They've been announcing it well over a month in advance.

Pre-Wrestlemania is usually awesome and this year is no exception. Taker vs HBK 2 should be interesting, but they really need Jim Ross back to call it. Cole would ruin it as usual.

Anyway, favourite wrestling moments:

Best promo ever

Thats a insane promo by ultimate warrior, does drag a little, intense tho

in response to both the kurt singing HBK's theme .....

.... and the classic stone cold moment, a equal and the similar one

Love how he crashed it against the ring

Fuckin brilliant,

Ah Kurt, the only guy to have both wrestling ability and great mic skills!

Whats the "If I could make anyone in history tap out, I'd have to pick...Jesus" thing? it from the video, cos i did jus skip to the singing portion

Nah, it's from a different time. Kurt was a heel when feuding with John Cena, but he was getting constantly cheered, while Cena was getting constantly booed. Which led to this amusing interview:

ok.. you win.. cant believe you found it tho

oh ya, this is just to piss you off ^

This is just funny

thats the second match where shawn michaels wrestles a ladder for 30 minutes :)

haha shawn michaels was totally taking the piss there .

Edited by mcj metroid

Ah first time iv poked my nose in the general forum in a while, and this thread has brought back so many memories ha. Ill post some greats as i find em!

hji-LbJ2AX

Part 2 is linked below it, this was on the first VHS i got of wrestling, god i watched that so many times

God i wish JR commentated EVERYTHING

AHHH! Best promo ever, i loved Kane when i was 11 and my brother was a big Undertaker fan, this was such a big match for us, AHH! Shivers down the spine!

Best entrance ever?

Im on a wrestlemania 14 buzz at the moment, i remember plenty of events i had on video, this is gonna be a big post haha.

ahaha, i loved this match

Edited by Bren

With Wrestlemania coming things usually (hopefully) get a bit better. Undertaker vs HBK 2 should be good at least, be interesting to see which way they go. With the "HBK Retires if he loses", I'm starting to think maybe just maybe this will be the year Taker loses... although I had hoped he'd be able to keep that record till he himself retired.

Although with it being pro wrestling it is entirely possible that Taker would win, HBK will "retire" yet make a return in a few months to a year

Also with the guest hosts, I'm thinking maybe they'll end it after Mania.... anyone know if The Rock is down to do one? He did mention it during his promo during the Smackdown 10th anniversary show?