Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Wrasslin' thread

Jav_NE

God damn Matt Hardy!!! Was a good match if not for the result. It's getting ridiculous now.

like mania I can't help but be disappointed by their matches.. they seem far too short.. Mania needed a match the same length as the shawn and undertaker.. I don't think I'm pushing it when i'm asking for that..

The smackdown match was just meh.

Just finished watching Survivor Series 01 again.......I miss all those wrestlers :cry:

ahh even then the wwe was starting to go downhill.. After that event though it hit rock bottom with ric flair as the co-owner of the wwe..

ahh even then the wwe was starting to go downhill.. After that event though it hit rock bottom with ric flair as the co-owner of the wwe..

And it hit the bottom of a pit when they split the shows as separate brands, and not merging them again like now with such a thin roster.

Aagh, it's the Draft tomorrow.

I hope Triple H and JR get drafted back onto Raw. I also hope to fuck that Kofi Kingston nor Santino Marella get drafted elsewhere. Those are pretty much my two favourite wrestlers of the new crop.

I reckon Evan Bourne might get drafted to Raw or SmackDown, though. Just like what they did with CM Punk and Kofi last year; they took ECW's best wrestlers and put them in the main shows.

I don't know really, that would mean both World Titles are on RAW then because i see Edge going that way to RAW as well, so the World Title match and WWE title match would just mean both titles will remain on RAW.

Other predictions i think include JBL coming to SD as commentator to replace Tazz again, Christian to SD, DH Smith to RAW, Triple H back to RAW same for JR.

they need to get back to having one main title, one at IC level, one cruiserweight, and one tag title, get rid of the womens division. Make the titles actually worth something, make mid card fights that actually have storylines.

Give the talent a bit of time off so they don't have to pump themselves full of pain medication just to keep Vince's profit margins up while at the same time shortening their life spans

they need to get back to having one main title, one at IC level, one cruiserweight, and one tag title, get rid of the womens division. Make the titles actually worth something, make mid card fights that actually have storylines.

Give the talent a bit of time off so they don't have to pump themselves full of pain medication just to keep Vince's profit margins up while at the same time shortening their life spans

I agree with one IC title, and one tag, but women's division should stay, and i dont mind two world titles.

Current Draft results are in.

Triple H (RAW), Rey Mysterio (Smackdown), CM Punk (Smackdown), MVP (RAW), Matt Hardy (RAW), Vladimir Koslov (ECW), Miz (RAW), Chris Jericho (Smackdown), Big Show (RAW), Melina (Smackdown), Maryse (RAW), Kane (Smackdown)

Thoughts so far.??

Supplementary Draft commences Wednesday (Noon ET)

Edited by Jimbob

• 2 weeks later...

Good Raw this week! Suprised no-one went what with it being in London. The Jericho Vs. Cena match was brilliant, both in entertainment and audience particpation. Booooo - Yeeeeah, Boooo - Yeeaaaah! Every punch between them, haha. Good to see Jericho getting some recognition, he never gets any. But then the crowd loved the knuckle shuffle, so i dont get it! Guess people just love to hate Cena these days.

Good main event too. That RKO was sick. You had a feeling it was coming, but hes so good at leaping into it at the latest second, it always makes me happy. Best move in the WWE at the moment.

Looking forward to Backlash, but i really hope HHH loses. Hes so boring.

Good Raw this week! Suprised no-one went what with it being in London. The Jericho Vs. Cena match was brilliant, both in entertainment and audience particpation. Booooo - Yeeeeah, Boooo - Yeeaaaah! Every punch between them, haha. Good to see Jericho getting some recognition, he never gets any. But then the crowd loved the knuckle shuffle, so i dont get it! Guess people just love to hate Cena these days.

Good main event too. That RKO was sick. You had a feeling it was coming, but hes so good at leaping into it at the latest second, it always makes me happy. Best move in the WWE at the moment.

Looking forward to Backlash, but i really hope HHH loses. Hes so boring.

Trips needs to lose to Orton at Backlash. I can see Batista and Shane O turning on Triple H after last weeks RAW (not this weeks).

And what is it now, 2-0 in the Hardy wars. I can see Jeff winning this one and finally getting one over his brother. It would be sweet to hear Matt utter the words "I Quit" after costing his brother the WWE title back at Royal Rumble.

As for the World Title match. I can see Edge walking with this one. There have been rumours that CM Punk may cash in his Money in the Bank title match after this, would be interesting.

"apparently" jeff is burnt out and looking to leave for a while to do other things and are struggling to get him to renew his contract which is up in june. So they this could well have matt win.

I didnt bother making the N-Europe knee sign after :( me and bro cant be seen LOADS during wrestlemania even on the segments of WM they have shown on raw / smackdown you can spot us :o : peace:

n644106049_2121349_4138711.jpg

n644106049_2181808_2981793.jpg

3173_1147229959884_1201607019_457161_5059825_n.jpg

3173_1147230079887_1201607019_457164_4079183_n.jpg

best breakfast ever - chicken wings, waffle and strawberries - sounds odd but it was gorgeous

there is more on my and mainly bros facebook page havent put my pics online as yet

Edited by BeerMonkey

"apparently" jeff is burnt out and looking to leave for a while to do other things and are struggling to get him to renew his contract which is up in june. So they this could well have matt win.

It runs out in July according to ewrestlingnews just now. Hopefully he re-news, be a shame if he left again.

I didnt bother making the N-Europe knee sign after :( me and bro cant be seen LOADS during wrestlemania even on the segments of WM they have shown on raw / smackdown you can spot us :o : peace:

n644106049_2121349_4138711.jpg

n644106049_2181808_2981793.jpg

3173_1147229959884_1201607019_457161_5059825_n.jpg

3173_1147230079887_1201607019_457164_4079183_n.jpg

best breakfast ever - chicken wings, waffle and strawberries - sounds odd but it was gorgeous

there is more on my and mainly bros facebook page havent put my pics online as yet

Quite awesome places you have there, pity no sign was made. Still, hope you had fun.

It runs out in July according to ewrestlingnews just now. Hopefully he re-news, be a shame if he left again.

I just dont get it. They made him champion just before Christmas and he was in some awesome main events. Why the hell would he want to leave? I can see it happening though because its all too coincidental. this long story they've had with Matt being behind the 'accidents' and such. Its like Jeff handed in his 6 month notice or something. Fucks sake, why do you do this to me Jeff?! Stay!!!

Cant see those pics at work, but i look forward to seeing them later. Fail on not making a sign though :(

I just dont get it. They made him champion just before Christmas and he was in some awesome main events. Why the hell would he want to leave? I can see it happening though because its all too coincidental. this long story they've had with Matt being behind the 'accidents' and such. Its like Jeff handed in his 6 month notice or something. Fucks sake, why do you do this to me Jeff?! Stay!!!

Cant see those pics at work, but i look forward to seeing them later. Fail on not making a sign though :(

I'm hoping Jeff doesn't pull himself out of WWE again, he did become champion at Christmas but for only a month. I guess if you promise him a lenghty title reign then he will probably renew off that promise i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Judgement Day this sunday!

And thankfully things have been going well for Jeff! Title match against Edge. I sooo hope he wins. Well, i would, because he's my fave, but i think it would be good for Smackdown to have a new leader of sorts. He made some mistakes on the latest Smack! though. Slipped doing the Whisper In The Wind :( It wasnt too bad though as they still made it work. But then the Twist OF Fate went funny too. I think that was Jericho's fault though to be honest.

Been some good matches though lately. The fatal-four-way the week before was awesome, and Shane has been carrying Raw, even though he's probably out now for good. Orton is still awesome, i just wish they'd let him have some proper wrestling matches and not all this 'brawl' stuff and shocking endings. He never gets to do his RKO for God's sake!

But yeah, pretty happy with it at the moment. Pretty entertaining, and looking forward to the PPV. Matches...

Orton Vs. Batista

WWE Championship

Edge Vs. Jeff Hardy

World Heavyweight Championship

Big Show Vs. Cena

Singles match - payback for Cena?

CM Punk Vs. Umaga

Umaga has assaulted Punk twice now

Christian Vs. Jack Swagger

ECW Championship re-match

Rey Mysterio Vs. Jericho

New Smackdown rivalry

I too am hoping for Jeff to win the title again, and have a longer title reign than 1 month this time around.

This whole McMahon/Orton rivalry has got stale now, it should have ended by now and hopefully has ended now.

Smackdown has been good. The fatal 4 way 2 weeks ago was awesome, with Rey and Jeff countering each other every 30 seconds nearly.

Still, at least RAW and Smackdown have been having more hype than ECW. What has become of Koslov. He was getting competition on SD, now he is fighting local wrestlers again.

Smackdown has been awesome lately. From what I've heard, Raw has been abusing promos and having matches that only serve to burn time until storyline happens (and it's always the same thing)

Smackdown has been pretty great, though. I love how all the maineventers are involved in programs besides merely their own. Edge has been helping the Umaga/Punk feud, Jericho/Mysterio helps Jeff/Edge and vice-versa. Everyone is busy and the feuds promise some good, exciting matches. Even the Morrison/Benjamin feud is cool. At least the midcarders are doing something, before they get involved with the top stars.

And ECW...I haven't been watching, honestly :heh:

Judgement Day predictions:

Orton/Batista sounds bland. As long as Orton is done with the Mcmahons, good.

Cena/Big Show sounds good from a storyline perspective. I hope they won't have Cena beating Show in a superhuman miracle, or something. I've had enough of that.

Christian/Swagger sounds good as a match, but I don't know anything about the storyline. As long as there are no shenanigans, this should be fine.

Punk/Umaga is interesting. Both men are good, and this should start an interesting feud.

Jeff/Edge is what I'm interested in. I don't know who will win. I don't even know who I want to win, honestly. It would be nice seeing Edge with a longer reign than usual, but this is Jeff, the ultimate face! I can't NOT root for him!

And if Jericho/Mysterio gets added, I'm looking forward to that as well. Both men have been on fire lately.

• 1 month later...

This thread has slipped down to page 6, so I thought I'd give it a bump.

Anyone see the stupid Donald Trump buys Raw storyline? And then he sold it back the following week - what was the point of that?

Smackdown is so much better than Raw these days

The perk of all that, though, was that Raw was commercial-free when it was live.

Far too many fucking ads. It will come back from an ad break, have a wrestler be interviewed that ends with some sort of confrontation, then King & Michael Cole will talk about that or mention the upcoming PPV, then switch to a wrestler walking backstage towards the ring, then Michael Cole will say "It's x Versus x, live when we return."

Then another ad-break. The second in five minutes. It's fucking ridonkulous!

The perk of all that, though, was that Raw was commercial-free when it was live.

Far too many fucking ads. It will come back from an ad break, have a wrestler be interviewed that ends with some sort of confrontation, then King & Michael Cole will talk about that or mention the upcoming PPV, then switch to a wrestler walking backstage towards the ring, then Michael Cole will say "It's x Versus x, live when we return."

Then another ad-break. The second in five minutes. It's fucking ridonkulous!

Yeah, I rarely Sky Plus the live RAW anymore cuz of all the ad breaks, just wait till the Thursday replay.

Not as bad as the Philippines though... best example, boxing matches... 3 minuter round followed by 10mins ad break, and repeat... WTF