NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, the movie doesn't go that far into her career.

I feel like its kind of been hanging over the entire movie for me. Such a shame as well as despite her more destructive personal tendencies I always did like Paige.

I’m really pleased the reviews are mainly positive for this, and I’m trying to find a way to get to see it.  Paige has had a really interesting story, and with the sadness of her having to cut her in-ring career short, I’m especially pleased that this has also given WWE an excuse to keep her and give her continued TV exposure.

Speaking of interesting stories with female wrestlers, I’m enjoying the (non-PG) Twitter war between Becky Lynch & Ronda Rowsey. It’s still somehow surely got to be your WrestleMania main event!

• Like 1

Brett Hart got tackled during his WWE Hall of Fame speech earlier. It did not go well for the tackler afterwards...

1 hour ago, Dog-amoto said:

Read that they have blown it out of proportion and it was a scheduled thing he needed doing. 

Also been reading that when Sky’s contract is up with WWE they are not renewing and BT Sport are getting it. If this is true then I’ll be finding other methods to watch it. I’m not paying another subscription price just for one show on BT Sport. 

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Anyone planning on watching AEW this weekend then?

I may check out the preshow. If it’s any good I’ll try to watch the main show. 

I think it'll be the first PPV I've actually bought properly. Back in the day it was always free on Sky then after the WWE Network started I just used that. Will have to see how ITV Boxoffice is.

20 years today since the tragic death of Owen Hart. Still remember watching Over The Edge live on Sky. 

Still WWE’s darkest day. 

• Sad 1

Dang. 20 years and I still remember it so well. And today Bret is the only remaining member of the Hart Foundation left. (Bulldog, Anvil, Owen and Bret)

On 23/05/2019 at 4:39 PM, BowserBasher said:

I may check out the preshow. If it’s any good I’ll try to watch the main show. 

I enjoyed the preshow.  Great to see so many wrestlers in the Battle Royale, even if it was a little clustered at times.  Nice match with Kip Sabian though!  Shame ITV cut the preshow off midway through Cody’s promo! 😬😂

Still, here’s hoping for a great show. I won’t be ordering but I’ll read the results and hopefully feel bad for missing it. Cody vs Dustin and Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho are my two most anticipated matches.

Oh, and when did ITV get the rights over here?  I completely missed that announcement!

Just watched the highlights for the AEW Double or Nothing PPV.

Really impressed, hopefully they build on this and put out an incredible weekly show.

Also, someone posted this on resetera. God I miss WCW.

10 hours ago, WackerJr said:

Oh, and when did ITV get the rights over here?  I completely missed that announcement!

I think it was only in the last couple of weeks or so. 

‘I didn’t end up seeing the preshow but I have seen the after main event spoiler. I think I will see if I can find highlights to watch from the show later. 

Finally finished watching all of Double or Nothing. I thought it was a great show. I’m looking forward to seeing more of all these wrestlers (and learning a lot of their names!). Surprised to say that I think Cody v Dustin was the match of the night.

I’m definitely happy to just drop WWE now properly and stick with AEW & NJPW. Looking forward to October to see what AEW does with a weekly show.

Some kind soul uploaded the whole thing to Youtube and I've just finished watching it now.

Absolutely fantastic show. The pacing was amazing. Very little fluff and the matches just flowed perfectly. The Young Bucks match was my fav and I think the Omega/Jericho fight was the weakest. Jericho just looked too knackered and overweight to keep up.

The whole show just reminded me of the Attitude era which is when I enjoyed wrestling the most. More of this please.

• Thanks 1

Had a quick look for it but I wonder if it’s been taken down as I couldn’t see it. Still looking for a way to watch it. 

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some kind soul uploaded the whole thing to Youtube and I've just finished watching it now.

Absolutely fantastic show. The pacing was amazing. Very little fluff and the matches just flowed perfectly. The Young Bucks match was my fav and I think the Omega/Jericho fight was the weakest. Jericho just looked too knackered and overweight to keep up.

The whole show just reminded me of the Attitude era which is when I enjoyed wrestling the most. More of this please.

I’m still hopeful Jericho will do ok there. He’s had some great matches the past few years in New Japan where he’s adopted a much more violent persona to make up for his age, hopefully he can find a good balance between that and his older style which he obviously still wants to do but can’t keep up for long.

8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Had a quick look for it but I wonder if it’s been taken down as I couldn’t see it. Still looking for a way to watch it. 

I found this one for you.

The whole thing seems to be there but I'm not sure what the quality is like.

• Thanks 1

It’s really put me in the mood to watch some more wrestling today. Might put Wrestle Kingdom 10 on.

@Hero-of-Time thanks for that link. I managed to watch an hour of it before work and when I came home it had been taken down. Luckily I found another one uploaded (no where near as good quality) but was watchable. Have to say I was impressed with the show and it’s certainly has me wanting to watch more from them. 

WWE will be leaving Sky and moving to BT sport from January 2020:

This is Kinda surreal as Sky has been the home of WWE/WWF since the late 80's when I first started watching. If I remember correctly it was one of the main reasons people in the UK bought Sky back then. Won't effect me personally as I've not watched any of the current stuff in a few years now.

Yeah I heard about this the other month. I've pretty much dropped all WWE now anyway so it's no loss to me either but as you said they've been with Sky for so long now that it is gonna be weird not seeing it there anymore.

Yup. Heard sky didn’t even bother to renew as they had lost too much revenue because of the WWE Network taking the PPV money away from them. I’m not going to get BT Sport just for WWE and will just find an alternative way to watch Raw and Smackdown. 

Anyone catch AEW Fyter Fest last night? I watched the Buy In live due to it being free and then have caught up with the main event stuff via various highlight videos.

The Buy In stuff was hilariously bad. The matches were rough, the librarian gimmick was awful and the last match was just plain weird. Didn't think I'd see the day when a GameCube controller was used in a hardcore match. Still, I did appreciate the models that were at the top of the ramp for most of the start. :D  

The main event seemed much more what I come to expect from AEW. High flying moves and brutal and fast paced matches. The entrance for Kenny and Co. was absolutely amazing as was a certain move they pulled off during the fight. Gamers will appreciate what was on going on. :cheeky:

• Thanks 1