N-Europe

€ / £ Exchange Rate

conzer16

I can in no way constructively participate in this discussion, but I can propose that people calm down a little and stop with the personal attacks. Sorry, Fish, but despite your disregard for personal attacks you seem awfully prone to using them yourself. Everyone in here gets hot-headed and that leads no where. I ask people to keep a cool head and count to ten before posting.

You suck, man. Your post is a joke, your point is a joke. You're a joke!

I joke. I love you, Mr. Gary Neville Lookalike 2008.

Anyway, it'll eventually get to the point where people just cover old ground, people make the same points...and then counter-point...and then counter those counter-points with the same stuff. It'll go full circle and people will get bored.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You suck, man. Your post is a joke, your point is a joke. You're a joke!

I joke. I love you, Mr. Gary Neville Lookalike 2008.

Anyway, it'll eventually get to the point where people just cover old ground, people make the same points...and then counter-point...and then counter those counter-points with the same stuff. It'll go full circle and people will get bored.

You think I look like this guy? O_O

Well, firstly, you're a nationalist, so, whilst your statements can ignored as the ramblings of a person who has nothing to be proud of, so they steal the achievements of those near to them. However, I may as well rebut them regardless of this fact.
Tell me, do you attain all your information regarding the EU from the Daily Mail, or do you use the Mirror as well? I can think of little else in way of an explanation for this outright falsity.

Also, relying on semantics in an argument is well known to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, and is a well known tactic of Creationists, who I'm sure you don't want to be associated with.

While these may not necessarily be seen as personal (unless of course he actually was one of the mentioned things, which wouldn't make the situation any better), they are aggresive in tone and nature. In my eyes it severely lowers the seriousness of your posts when you have to resort to snide remarks like that - even more so when one of your arguments is the exact same: That resorting to anything other than logical argumentation in a debate lowers the power of argumentation.

That's patriotism and doesn't conflict with the EU, you can be proud of your country and its achievements and still be able to see the truth. But do you think that something made in the UK is better just because its made there and not because of its quality? That the pound is "better" than the Euro, just because its British? That's nationalism.

But obviously the point being made is that we're proud of the pound because it's our currency and been around for a long while. So we don't want to lose it. You cold argue its value or look is better, but it's all about the connection to the country and it's history. Is that nationalism?.. I'm just trying to clear up pride and nationalism which seem to get easily confused.

Please go away. My reason of just not wanting it because I'm used to what I've used for 17 years is not "stupid". I will not vote against change, I'll accept it when we do change but until that point, if someon happens to ask me I'm going to say "I'd prefer we didn't".

Kindly stop being such a rude fuck. *Leaves the thread*

Ooooooooooooh! :P lol

Both currency's ran alongside each other for a while, just because it's still called the pound it isn't the same currency.

Are you getting at it not being the exact same coinage? Because obviously we all know thats the case.

Or are you getting at it not being called a pound? Because it was, and thats what I was getting at previously. All though the coins and system were different it was still called a pound.

Edit- I should just read peoples posts properly. Just ignore me.

I didnt start this thread with the idea that Engalnd would join the euro because of the near parity of the two currencies, really i started because it's the first time since the inception of the euro that it has become anywhere near as strong as the pound.

I don't understand why people are needlessly bickering on this thread

That's patriotism and doesn't conflict with the EU, you can be proud of your country and its achievements and still be able to see the truth. But do you think that something made in the UK is better just because its made there and not because of its quality? That the pound is "better" than the Euro, just because its British? That's nationalism.

I don't think people are saying that the pound is better than the euro, we just prefer it because it's ours. For example my car is a complete bag of shite, but I love it because it's mine. I'm not saying my car is better than everyone elses, but I prefer it because it's mine, it has memories attached to it etc. So what if they doesn't make sense economically? Are we not allowed a bit of nostalgia? A bit of national pride? We aren't harming anyone. We aren't going to look down on people who don't use the pound. We'd just like to use it ourselves.

I don't think people are saying that the pound is better than the euro, we just prefer it because it's ours. For example my car is a complete bag of shite, but I love it because it's mine. I'm not saying my car is better than everyone elses, but I prefer it because it's mine, it has memories attached to it etc. So what if they doesn't make sense economically? Are we not allowed a bit of nostalgia? A bit of national pride? We aren't harming anyone. We aren't going to look down on people who don't use the pound. We'd just like to use it ourselves.

Thats the best explanation ive seen in this thread.

Pook, you are just acting childish now. You haven't put any points forwards, your just adding posts for people to react to.