NEurope
ReZourceman

T-Shirt Designs

I've been meaning to print a T-Shirt for a while and got an idea a little while ago that seemed to justify the effort.

IMG_1496-1.jpg

IMG_1498-1.jpg

Twas a cardbaord stencil, a whole lot of masking tape, a stippling brush and some fabric paint. I sealed it with an iron as instructed on the label but I'm still worried about throwing it through that first wash.

That tee is freaking awesome! Need to get a bit more creative with mine I think. If I ever do make any, it's only ever using t-shirt printing paper.

I have no idea what's going on, but I've sold 3 shirts in 2 days on RedBubble. In comparison, it took months to sell my first 3 shirts. I reckon 2 more sales and I'll get my first payout from them. (I set it to send me a check when it reaches £100. I dont have/refuse to get a paypal account)

I sold 2 of the VW one and 1 of the star:

2827310-1-vw-thing.jpg

2827134-1-star.jpg

I have no idea what's going on, but I've sold 3 shirts in 2 days on RedBubble. In comparison, it took months to sell my first 3 shirts. I reckon 2 more sales and I'll get my first payout from them. (I set it to send me a check when it reaches £100. I dont have/refuse to get a paypal account)

I sold 2 of the VW one and 1 of the star:

2827310-1-vw-thing.jpg

2827134-1-star.jpg

Maybe the bit of publicity from the Music Machines contest has helped with sales?

Also, profit per t-shirt is realllly small, so unless you sell a ton of shirts, you'll be waiting on your money for a long time (well you did get money for winning that contest, but I mean after that). Paypal is easy to set up really, plus you can get money quicker heh. =P

Maybe the bit of publicity from the Music Machines contest has helped with sales?

Also, profit per t-shirt is realllly small, so unless you sell a ton of shirts, you'll be waiting on your money for a long time (well you did get money for winning that contest, but I mean after that). Paypal is easy to set up really, plus you can get money quicker heh. =P

I had paypal before. I got money stolen from it too many times so I cancelled it. I refuse to go back. It's a victim of its own success. Everyone knows about it, which is good for paying for stuff, but bad for getting hacked etc since all the miscreants know about it too.

But that's another topic.

I did think that it could have been publicity from the competition. Seems a bit of a delayed reaction though, I haven't sold anything since the competition apart from yesterday and today!

Either way, I'm a happy Goafer. It's another £100 towards a replacement car!

I had paypal before. I got money stolen from it too many times so I cancelled it. I refuse to go back. It's a victim of its own success. Everyone knows about it, which is good for paying for stuff, but bad for getting hacked etc since all the miscreants know about it too.

But that's another topic.

I did think that it could have been publicity from the competition. Seems a bit of a delayed reaction though, I haven't sold anything since the competition apart from yesterday and today!

Either way, I'm a happy Goafer. It's another £100 towards a replacement car!

Ah fair enough about paypal. I usually just transfer my money to my bank account so rarely have anything in my paypal account heh. Plus I've never seen anyone work with cheques here so have no clue how that works. =P

But yeah, it feels great to receive money from stuff like this. Well done! =)

Cheers.

On a side note: I have no idea where I got that font from. It just appeared in my list. I had never seen it before making this shirt.

Hmm I like the idea but the text doesn't fit in (and the woman and gun to a lesser extent) because it doesn't have the 'line effect' (the actual term escapes me at present) that the image does. The text in particular looks stuck on.

Its good though, but personally I'd say it could be made better :)

I did apply the halftone pattern over the whole image, including the gun and woman, but it didn't show up as well on them for some reason. I think I can just about see the pattern on the flames of the gun.

I did debate putting the pattern on the text too, but I wanted it to stand out a bit. I did put the pink "shadow" on it to try to stop it from being too "stuck on"

Rather than resurrecting the Robot Revolution thread, I thought I'd post this here.

Anyone remember the Music Machines Challenge on RedBubble that I won for being awesome and 4 other people won by chance or something? Well the shirts appear to have finally arrived at the shop:

4122286-1-untitled.jpg

I also recieved my first paycheck from RedBubble too. Splendid.

Edited by Goafer

Playing around with Redbubble for the first time...kinda want to make T-shirts for myself. I want to use images that are probably not mine to sell on, so not making it public is cool.

4229319-1-prince-purple-rain-friendship.jpg

First little play around. Want a Prince t-shirt but he's not touring atm so...

I might get rid of the text.

EEVIL, have you made any of your designs into T's yet? I'd like to see them.

Which ones?

But no I haven't. :red:

Just any of the designs you've been working on as drawings, be nice to see some uploaded on to T's and see what your ideas look like. Go create some!