NEurope
ReZourceman

T-Shirt Designs

Even as a comic fan I can't say I'm impressed by that.

I've coloured in my Hitler image, I supposed I could scan it in and try to make it a t-shirt. But I use the amazing pencil crayons. May not show up well on a PC.

Even as a comic fan I can't say I'm impressed by that.
Nice constructive criticism there! How would you improve it?

Nice constructive criticism there! How would you improve it?

I don't know. What I mean to say is that if I wore that, if anyone asked I know I'd have to explain what it was more often than not. I'm not a fan of that personally.

I think it would be recognisable to a fair few people since the movie, and even if people didn't know what it was, as a symbol/logo alone it's ok enough without any explanation.

I haven't seen the movie yet granted, but I have a fair few Iron Man comics, and if you hadn't had said it was Iron Man I wouldn't know what it was. Like I said, might just be me.

Either way, every time I see it I can't help seeing this:

177px-IEC5009_Standby_Symbol.svg.png

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Retro Link: That's pretty cool. I like it a whole bunch.

And like you said, even as a standalone symbol it still looks good.

I think it looks quite nice (even though I'd have no clue what it's from unless someone told me).

Just a warning though, semi-transparent images (or parts of images) don't always print well on shirts. So it might not look as nice as it does in the preview.

I think it looks quite nice (even though I'd have no clue what it's from unless someone told me).

Just a warning though, semi-transparent images (or parts of images) don't always print well on shirts. So it might not look as nice as it does in the preview.

Yeah I had remembered, just have to hope for the best. I'll have to badger Rez into buying one to find out!

I suppose I could just remove the glow.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'll have to badger Rez into buying one to find out!

C'maahn. Like you'd need to put effort into it :grin:

It's fine as a standalone thing, but even as a big comics fan, and liking the Iron Man film, I wouldn't realise it was from that.

Well someones just bought one of those Iron Man designs,

Be nice if RedBubble let you know who's bought your T's because I'd like to ask a few people if they'd upload a photo of them wearing it. Not many buyers seem to upload photo's (that gallery tends to move quite slowly given the number of sales the site must make), and I'd like to see what a few of my designs printed on T's.

Well someones just bought one of those Iron Man designs,

Be nice if RedBubble let you know who's bought your T's because I'd like to ask a few people if they'd upload a photo of them wearing it. Not many buyers seem to upload photo's (that gallery tends to move quite slowly given the number of sales the site must make), and I'd like to see what a few of my designs printed on T's.

There's a lot of "strangers" buying stuff on RedBubble, so people without accounts. If they do have an account and buy something with it, you will be able to see their username with the sale. So if there's no name, they don't have an account as far as I know.

How much of a cut do you get?
I have a 20% markup, you can ask for more, but the more you put the % up the more the cost of the t-shirt goes up, so you strike a balance really.

On average it's probably around £2.40 per t-shirt, but it can fluctuates higher or lower.

Goafer & Eenuh, do you set yours at 20%?

Edited by Retro_Link

Mine is set to 20%. I don't think I'd sell anything if I set it any higher heh. Things are pricey enough as they are.

Also, I seem to earn a lot less when I sell to someone in the UK, than if I were to sell to someone in the US/Australia. But yeah I get about €2.30-€2.70 per shirt I sell.

EEVIL, have you made any of your designs into T's yet? I'd like to see them.

VERY WELL! O_O

I've signed up to RedBubble [Twist my arm] and just fapping around with it. Downloaded that template which you have to use. Bloody huge. I've got to expand my artwork to accomodate this?

EDIT: Do you lot do that discouraging thing?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Goafer & Eenuh, do you set yours at 20%?

Mine's set at whatever the default is. Except for the Music Machines one (The one my sig is based on), that one had to be put up when I won the competition. Never got round to lowering it again.

Mine's set at whatever the default is. Except for the Music Machines one (The one my sig is based on), that one had to be put up when I won the competition. Never got round to lowering it again.

Whys?

Noone feeling my dodgy design? :sad:

It looks nice all coloured in, but let's see it on a shirt! What's your redbubble page?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/eevilmurray

This at the moment, but I've got nothing on it at the moment.

I've been working on a different design. Surprisingly Arnie related.

It's got Arnie [As Quaid] holding out two arms, wrapped up and dripping with blood to Richter saying "Good to see you at the party Richter"

I think I may need a tablet to get my lines pr0 sexy. At the moment I'm drawing it pencil on paper. Taking a pic/scan then going over said lines in Photoshop.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/eevilmurray

This at the moment, but I've got nothing on it at the moment.

I've been working on a different design. Surprisingly Arnie related.

It's got Arnie [As Quaid] holding out two arms, wrapped up and dripping with blood to Richter saying "Good to see you at the party Richter"

I think I may need a tablet to get my lines pr0 sexy. At the moment I'm drawing it pencil on paper. Taking a pic/scan then going over said lines in Photoshop.

Maybe you should try keeping the pencil lines? Either that, or make your images in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. I think vector lines might work better than just going over your pencil lines with a brush.

Maybe you should try keeping the pencil lines? Either that, or make your images in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. I think vector lines might work better than just going over your pencil lines with a brush.

Well I was thinking of just colouring it in the real world and scanning it in. Is that what j00 do with your nice designs?