N-Europe

Just Got A Dodgy Text? Please Help?

ReZourceman

Google it... see if anyones had any problems with it, if not do it, if so delete it...

[/thread]

note: my comment isn't probably that helpful though as I only have a relatively old phone so for all I know it could be a completely legit update thing... or a virus. :blank:

Who's your service provider? You sure that's the precise message you received? Leave your phone near any scallywags who're likely to fuck about and sign you up to shitty ringtone adverts?

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.telecom.mobile/2006-04/msg00400.html is the nearest I can find so far - though it's two years old.

I think it's probably fine to reset your phone, just not to reply to the number. But hell, who resets phones these days anyways?

How do they get our numbers? I got a missed call the other day, i checked the extension number and found out it was from Somalia! Like, WTF?!

T mobile and 3 (afaik) are known for having supposedly insecure customer databases.

That or they are selling their customers numbers.

I kept getting a load of grief with my 3 contract, constant people calling selling crap I don't want.