N-Europe

KeyBored!

Rummy

So just sprang by some old forums I haven't visited for ages, glimpsed a thread about this program called Keybored, which basically turns your keyboard into...a keyboard! It's quite cool, and I've been having fun playing tunes on it, and scouring the internet for said tunes, or just hearing my computer sound like the ones from the 70s films when I type. It's just a nice little time waster, really :D

http://thebatman.net/keybored/

Here's a few to get you started(see if you can guess them);

Tune1

y ert rew wry tre ert y r ww

t uo iuy ry tre ert y r ww

Tune2

jle jle jleyterekh ghkh

jle jle jleyteryek ekgh

ghj kle reh

ghj kle rty

ghj kle reh

gfjh kjlk ewre tryu ty

And something a little(nearly) festive!

ddd ddd dgasd

fff ffdd ddd s s d s

g

There's some more on this Digg page, and a wiki of some more here.

You got java bluestar? Using the KeyBoredRunner and not just KeyBored? For some silly reason it uses the runner to run the app, but meh. Mainly I'm enjoying the fact my computer can make really random sounds as I type. It's even more fun when you type slower!

Also, shift sharpens/flattens a note, dunno if you can do it the other way though.

Heh, I'm also considering putting it on all our computers, though it's only mine and my sister's laptop functioning atm, and only I use mine. My brother only uses his too, but it'll be fun to do on my sister's laptop to annoy my dad.

You can change instruments?!

Make sure you're running KeyBoredRunner.exe and not KeyBored.exe, you can change instruments through there(though you have to stop then start again). Shame it won't work on macs :(

Also, I find it quite amusing that with a vibraphone, the C word sounds quite a pleasant little thing :D

Haha tell me about it, I been playing that theme since you posted it lol, trying it with diff instruments(currently on 49 string ensemble 1). Sounds very grand, but it feels a bit weird at the beginning though, thinking this might work a tiny bit better;

e h eerty yyuio ooiuiuy yttyu ytrrty treert uy hhh hhh hhh h