NEurope
Josh64

Halloween

This was sad to see. When I was at work on Sunday these two kids came in with who I assume was their mother. They had those little pumpkin containers with handles and had facepaint on. They went straight to the old man near the door and I thought they were family, treat or treat, smiles etc. Then they moved to another table demanding trick or treat and were refused.

It was depressing to see them refused pretty much begging but my main anger was focused on the woman, who promptly lead them out, no doubt to the next pub to beg some more.

We don't have that over here.

Yes we do...as an excuse to throw a party. :heh:

Yeah, it's not really that important here.

Yes we do...as an excuse to throw a party. :heh:

Yeah, it's not really that important here.

It's not really important anywhere

Don't the US count? :heh:

Oh come on, they'd make any random day a celebration if it was possible to capitalise on

Halloween isn't very big in Denmark, either, but many young people have taken it up.

Funny enough, All Hallow's Evening originated in Europe.

Halloween isn't very big in Denmark, either, but many young people have taken it up.

Funny enough, All Hallow's Evening originated in Europe.

Yep, was the old Celtic new year festival of Samhain a time for celebrating the past harvest and preparing for winter. It was also seen as the time when the world of the living and the spirit world came into closest contact. Like most pagan festivals, it ended up being taken over by Christians and changed to All Saints Day (also known as All Hallows Eve) so that people could instead celebrate the multitude of saints. Quite glad it's been (sort of) been taken back to roots in recent years, although the americans go a bit overboard.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing really. I've already been to an early Hallowe'en/housewarming party last weekend and some people off my course are going out on Friday, but if I go then it'll mean missing out on an evening with my girlfriend. Hmmmm.

My and my girlfriend's Grim Fandango-inspired pumpkins:

Image073.jpg

(taken on my poor quality phone)

I fucked a pumpkin last night. Left the seeds in and one went up my.....

KIDDING! MASSIVE LOLZ!

Lol. I made an awesome pumpkin a few years back(it was hueg pumpkin too that my dad grew, I could fit it fully over my head, but it was heavy and cut into my shoulders too much to wear properly) but yeah, twas awesome.

I also now have both a costume(well, a black plastic cape, I need to find some plastic fangs pronto-ish, fairly convinced being on the internet in bed is the least helpful place to be) and a party to go to, which I've totally chavved my way along to, but in a non-gay way, I hope. My costume? Standard vampire fare, ideally, my name? Blackula! Dracula's Soul Brother!

My costume? Standard vampire fare, ideally, my name? Blackula! Dracula's Soul Brother!

That is genius.

You've got to wear some bling, and one of those furry hats. And most importantly, a pimp cane. Dracula Normal would have one anyway.

Going a little party thing tonight, no costume ready, so I might just go as Joker.

Hahah! "Dracula normal"

Quick bit of casual racism. ;)

As if! ¬_¬ I didn't come up with the term.

I've already got bling(apparently its my thing) but I lack pimp cane or comedy afro. I wanted to be a bit careful doing it, I mean, I can only get away with it cos I'm a bit dark already, but for anyone unaware it was an actual film back in the 60s or something silly, and him being Dracula's Soul Brother was an actual tagline. I'm gonna have a shower now and run out to the shops see what I can pick up!

Image076.jpg

My new pumpkin, which just spent two hours on! It's based on Ryuk from Death Note. You can just make out that he's got white teeth. :)

I hate Halloween, the whole trick or treating is just glorified begging.

Going out with a bunch of people from work. Should be fun, but i'm not dressing up. Costs too much :p

Please sir, can I have some more............posts.

Last year while driving home from work some kids egged my car from the side of the road-when I got home I had to wash the whole yolky/egg mess off.

Trick or treating is, yes, but guising, the British version is much better. Well it is when the wee kids sing songs etc and don't tell crappy jokes which everyone in the room must burst out with laughter afterwards.

Well I've ended up doing nothing, but I bought my little brother some glow in the dark silly string, and gave him a pretty cool zombie face with liquid latex and stuff ^^

Aaaand:

dsc00767tl4.jpg

They just came trick or treating in my house. In Portugal. WTF? We didn't have anything for them so we gave them the standard Bolachas Maria (Maria Cookies).