N-Europe

Oasis

conzer16

They're headlining a massive gig in Ireland next summer called Slane and the tickets go on sale in 5 minutes.

80,000 tickets will sell out in probably under a half an hour....

I better get 2!

ANyone else like them? I've never seen them live but theirs was the first album I ever bought.

Edit: Woot! Got 2! lets see how long it taks to sell out now...

Oasis are like Metallica. Got a lot of good material and a lot of bad. Their band members often have a lot of interesting things to say, and a lot of shit. I would go see them both if they played close by, but I wouldn't travel for them.

I dunno why I made the comparison to Metallica just now... just always thought it.

Oasis are awesome. I was going to go and see them at the SECC in Glasgow but didn't have time to phone around and find someone to go with before they sold out.

Would love to see them live. I agree with Wesley though, loads of amazing songs but at the same time loads of terrible songs.

Wesley, have to agree with your analogy - funnily enough Oasis and Metallica are 2 of what I would term my favourite bands.

Each to their own I suppose, but Oasis have made some pretty amazing music over the years, even if they were so heavily influenced by the Beatles that some dismiss them for that, but again Noel is an amazing songwriter himself and Liam is a brilliant lyricist.

They're headlining a massive gig in Ireland next summer called Slane and the tickets go on sale in 5 minutes.

80,000 tickets will sell out in probably under a half an hour....

I better get 2!

ANyone else like them? I've never seen them live but theirs was the first album I ever bought.

Edit: Woot! Got 2! lets see how long it taks to sell out now...

NME: Sunderland, Edinburgh and Dublin are now also sold out, along with the original two nights at Manchester's Heaton Park and London's Wembley Stadium, which reached capacity earlier this afternoon.

Oasis have since added third nights in Manchester (June 4) and London (July 9) at the same venues.

With tickets going on sale at 10am (BST) this morning (October 24), the band had sold half a million tickets by 3pm.

This should probs just be in the music thread but yeah...

I'm not opposed to them. I don't own much by them, but I do like Don't Look Back In Anger and other famous ones.

That said, I much prefer Tori Amos's cover of it, I recently bought.

Been a life long fan of Oasis infact the first CD album I ever bought was Definitely Maybe with my pocket money when I was at school! Ah loved it and still do.

Went to see them last week at Wembley Arena and they were still as good as ever. Was such a great a gig. Played Slide Away, Masterplan, cigs and alcohol which are some of my favs was great.

But yeah getting onto the recent gig announcement, my friend got me a ticket to thursday 9 July to wembley stadium.

Gonna be such a good night out. The Enemy, Kasabian then Oasis! Woop.

If you're having trouble getting tickets go to http://www.oasisinet.com as they keep releasing more as they are not all sold out cos panicy people kept pressing refreshing and knocking them off the system. Just a minute ago you could get standing for more or less any of the gigs :)