Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I kinda expected there to be more in the nunchuck considering it picks up movement..? especially as i've studied electronics.

There doesn't appear to be anything other than the analogue stick, the 2 buttons and the pcb...? unless that slight blob (nearing the start of the wire) is a motion sensor (but even then there appears to be no circuitry to support it) [/boring tech shit]

I kinda expected there to be more in the nunchuck considering it picks up movement..? especially as i've studied electronics.

There doesn't appear to be anything other than the analogue stick, the 2 buttons and the pcb...? unless that slight blob (nearing the start of the wire) is a motion sensor (but even then there appears to be no circuitry to support it) [/boring tech shit]

That explains the amazing 1:1 sensing the Nunchuk has then. Thanks Nintendo.

I was just assuming it was that thing to the right of the analog stick.

There's some bluddy good software out there for the Wii, but a lot of the time people just refuse to dig into their pockets to get these games, for whatever reason.

But, with a lot of places doing deals now, and the fact that it's now a good few years into the Wii's life, there's a pretty good library out there, so you can find some good games for nice prices if you shop around. I want to get Zack and Wiki, as I've played it with Ine/Eenuh, and that price is an absolute steal for it.

I think a lot of people may finally pick up some of the more quirky games that they just didn't think deserve a full price tag. Games like De Blob or Zack and Wiki, I can see many people picking these up now.

Guest Captain Falcon
N64 had a lot of wasted space...

Well the back partially housed the power block and RF modulator/scart adapter unit.

The sides are a different matter but maybe it was done to prevent overheating that could have been caused by bunching it all up.

The Nintendo64 was a beautiful looking machine. It wasn't about looking pleasing to the eye, it was just pure brutality of plastic shaped in a science-fiction-esque out of space design. It is the Carlos Tevez of consoles, but that's why I fucking love it. Brutal. :)

I think a lot of people may finally pick up some of the more quirky games that they just didn't think deserve a full price tag. Games like De Blob or Zack and Wiki, I can see many people picking these up now.

The funny thing with de Blob was that on Play.com they launched it at £17.99- thats the reason I and a few others here ended up taking the plunge with it from day one. :heh:

The funny thing with de Blob was that on Play.com they launched it at £17.99- thats the reason I and a few others here ended up taking the plunge with it from day one. :heh:

That's a pretty sweet deal for it. I swear to God I say it for a similar price to that in Belgium, but when me and Ine went to the store two hours later, it was just there at full price, so I bought it for her at that.

In reality, I've spent about...45 or so quid on de Blob, buying two copies - one for me and one for the wife. That's fucking dedication.

Guest Captain Falcon
Aren't the accelerometers a chip nowadays? I'm sure it looks nothing like a B&Q Spirit level

This man speaks the truth. Directly under the analog stick, to me at least, there appears to be two chips on top of each other - I'm guessing it's there.

That's a pretty sweet deal for it. I swear to God I say it for a similar price to that in Belgium, but when me and Ine went to the store two hours later, it was just there at full price, so I bought it for her at that.

In reality, I've spent about...45 or so quid on de Blob, buying two copies - one for me and one for the wife. That's fucking dedication.

No it wasn'tttttt! You must've dreamt it or something, or had the price for Elite Beat Agents in your head, which was €10. De Blob was only like, €29, which is almost half the price of most other games here. =P

Guest Captain Falcon
No it wasn'tttttt! You must've dreamt it or something, or had the price for Elite Beat Agents in your head, which was €10. De Blob was only like, €29, which is almost half the price of most other games here. =P

Yeah, tell him how it really is Ine!

To swear to Diddy Kong that it was much, much cheaper the first time we went in there. I swear it was! You must rememberrrrr?

:( I'm upsettings.

To swear to Diddy Kong that it was much, much cheaper the first time we went in there. I swear it was! You must rememberrrrr?

:( I'm upsettings.

No it wasn't, they didn't go and quickly change the price tags behind our back Jim. X3

You just have a bad memory. =P

I swear, one day I'm going to create a time machine JUST for that event, and we'll see who got eet right.

It was bluddy cheap the first time we went into that shop, because we had a few games in our mind. de Blob was one, but I can't remember the others.

I still say they did change the stickers!