NEurope

Another conformation that another R Evil game is heading for the Wii.

One of the staff here loves Code Veronica (Fale) and was wondering if we would see a XBLA or PSN release of this game.

Nothing is planned for the game regarding a remake on PSN/XBLA, but what I can say is if you are a fan of Code Veronica you should pay attention in the next couple of weeks there is some news you should be very pleased with. Tell him to pay attention on the 12th (March).

www.gamefocus.ca

Chris story is RE1,RE:CV/CVX and RE5

ahh so thats the remake we could be getting.. makes more sense seeing as it is a more 3d environment...and didnt have a fixed camera so controls would be easy for wii..

id still hold out for resi2.

but resi cvx was an amazing game on the dreamcast

No one's just slightly annoyed that the game that should be pleasing us as opposed to a brand new main installment on the 360/PS3 is going to be a port?

Shocked no one has posted this yet but Klonoa has been announced for an EU release at some point this year on the Wii. No specific date was given but Namco have said we will be getting it in Europe which is a huge relief. Now if they'll just officially announce ToS:DoNW and Fragile for Europe it'd be great.

One of the staff here loves Code Veronica (Fale)
Don't get why they say 'fail', because Code Veronica is epic!

Doubt it's a sequel to UC.. I mean without creating an all new storyline there's nothing left to work with.. unless they...either create a new storyline or make an on-rails version of 5...

But I don't think they are THAT stupid.

Yeah that's what I meant, a new story, but in the UC First Person style; just because they have the engine made. That would be aweful!

Regarding the news that it may be something to do with Code Veronica...

I would be absolutely bouncing off the walls happy if it was a REmake along the lines of RE4, because that' a game that would work in the RE4 perspective as it was a much more open game.

If however Capcom are just continuing their absolutely pointless Resi port series on Wii [Resi 1, 0...] with Code Veronica and they expect fans to be happy about that I will be majorly annoyed.

And I'd actually like a petition to be done saying, you know what Capcom, don't even bother making this port because us Wii fans are now royally pissed!

Don't get why they say 'fail', because Code Veronica is epic!

I think the guys name is "Fale".

Nintendo Power has reviewed a few games this month:

Madworld: 9.0

Rune Factory Frontier: 7.5

Kororinpa 2: 7.5

Final Fantasy CC 6.0

DS version of CC got 6.5'd

Glad to see madworld hit the 9's, great story, excellent controls and a huge amount of replay value were a few of the positives. The commentators are said to be annoying after a while but this is customary with any game featuring commentators. I also had huge expectations for Rune Factory so I'm a little disappointed to see it scoring in the 7's. They cited advancedment through the story as being slow and a bit clueless as to why they gave it a low score.

Rumours say Edge gave RE5 7/10 and Madworld 9/10 in upcomming issue...

Eurogamer also awarded RE5 7/10, so that sounds about right. Wait for the internet to explode as 360 owners realise a Wii game is rated higher than RE...

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-will-never-get-any-better/

Interesting article from a Wii hacker about Wii's architecture and its limitations:

- No software improvements or bug fixes can be made for games already released.

- No other code can run while a game is running. For instance no downloading, no friend online/offline status etc. while playing a game.

- A game can't take advantage of improvements released after the game, for instance older games can't take advantage of Wii speak or an improved Mii system if released.

- SD card filesystem code is implemented in games, so it can't be changed.

- No unified friend system possible.

- Basically zero provisions for any future updates; even obvious things like new storage devices.

"Remember, when Nintendo fails to deliver new Wii features, it won’t be because they aren’t trying. It’ll be because they’ve killed their chances from the start."

I wonder if its still possible that they could completely re-design the OS and find some way to trick the old games into being able to run on this new OS. Surely something big is coming if Iwata is doing the GDC keynote this year. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Didn't Iwata do a speech sometime somwhere and everyone thought we was going to drop a megaton but didn't?

I don't see why anything big would be released anyway.

Adding a little fuel to the fire here, this is from Ken Cauley's blog on our sister site, Kombo.

Holy cow! See the new horde of Kombo News Editors? Not all of them are fully trained yet, but we have 8 new names for all of you to get used to. This will significantly boost our industry coverage. Also, Nintendo called me up yesterday and told me that they have some certain fan favorite's in development that might be shown at GDC. And if not GDC, then certainly E3. Fortunately for all of you, we have teams attending both conferences! BTW, make sure you tune into the latest episode of Kombo Breaker later today. And don't forget to subscribe!

Didn't Iwata do a speech sometime somwhere and everyone thought we was going to drop a megaton but didn't?

The dirty get was expected to do what?!

I'm not going to pretend I have adequate technical knowledge to counter this hackers suggestions, but here are my thoughts...

- No software improvements or bug fixes can be made for games already released.

Surely each game would require the in-game 'hook' to look for DLC (and the adequate internal storage)?

- No other code can run while a game is running. For instance no downloading, no friend online/offline status etc. while playing a game.

When playing Offline games, i'm sure the Wii can go online to pick up Wii Messages.

- A game can't take advantage of improvements released after the game, for instance older games can't take advantage of Wii speak or an improved Mii system if released.

Again, surely its just the 'hook'.

- SD card filesystem code is implemented in games, so it can't be changed.

Err. Sparrowdust.

- No unified friend system possible.

Existing titles, agreed. But games can tap into Wii System FC's- so future titles could have a unified code based on the system numbers?

- Basically zero provisions for any future updates; even obvious things like new storage devices.

Err. I'm sure we do get updates, Nintendo have added substantial features like parental controls, speedier SD access, adding a clock to Menu, removing accomplishments notes in calendar.

Loading games off an SD card is possible. If it can be don't on the Home-brew Channel, Nintendo can surely do it. And yes, there could be a "hook" in newer games, but there's no way to patch already released games.

I'm sure a patch was released in Japan for Pokemon Battle Revolution, or did I imagine it?

I'm sure a patch was released in Japan for Pokemon Battle Revolution, or did I imagine it?

I think that was just for the online, and it would probably just be server-side.

There was a patch for the Japanese version of Diamond/Pearl to get rid of a legendary glitch.

My dad is currently renting De Blob. It looks nice, but the game itself is awful, and everything seems to lack character (unike games like Pikmin).

i never thought pikmin was that great when i first got it when it came out, but i started playing it yesterday after about 3/4 years and i think its incredible

My dad is currently renting De Blob. It looks nice, but the game itself is awful, and everything seems to lack character (unike games like Pikmin).

Awful? Seriously?

Lacks character? COME ON! All the little sidekicks have their own little voices and variations of the word "blob" that I often find myself repeating them (yeah im cool). And the little dancing raydians.

Although finishing the game yesterday left me thinking; why is de Blob the only blob that seems to exist in that world?