NEurope

SkyScraper - coming to Wii on March 20th at a budget price.

I've seen this title a few times on Play.com when I browse the coming soon section, and it's always intrigued by it.

Turns out it's a FPS with a Die Hard feel. Doesn't look too bad for a budget title, and I do love my FPS, so I may just pick this up one day, after a price drop of course!

Don't do it Welshie. That game looks rank! :shakehead

Everyone should check out Games Wii sale, pretty cheap titles in there.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=10635&cm_sp=dotw-_-topnav-_-wii

Just snapped up Baroque for £7!

Cool, will have a look. Let us know what you think of Baroque. :heh:

I'm 85% certain HVS took MotionPlus support out of The Conduit, citing a lack of features that would take advantage of it. Basically, they didn't want to crowbar it in for the sake of it. Good move, I say.

Yup, I think you are right with that, Pr0d-man.

Bought No More Heroes.

Thanks a lot for the warning, Hero-of-Time

Everyone should check out Games Wii sale, pretty cheap titles in there.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=10635&cm_sp=dotw-_-topnav-_-wii

Just snapped up Baroque for £7!

Awesome. Just seen this post about Baroque. Wanted it for ages and at that price, I really can't refuse. Really glad I didn't miss it and I looked on the previous page.

I'm was a bit tempted about getting Soul Calibur Legends for £9.99, can anyone give me a slight impression of it and tell me if it's worth it for that price?

Soul Calibur Legends is considered by many one of the most disappointing games in the Wii.

Go watch the Gametrailers review, ShadowV7, I heard they're correct.

I believe NGamer gave it just over 30%, it's supposed to be horrendous.

Being trying to order Baroque for an hour now but the checkout pages barely load. Damn GAME...

No Soul Calibur then :heh:

No Soul Calibur then :heh:

I was a bit tempted considering I enjoyed Soul Calibur and was partial to a bit of Streets of Rage/ Golden Axe style gaming back in the day.. but there are quite a few videos on YouTube (such as level walkthroughs) that just looked really dull and completely put me off!

Awesome. Just seen this post about Baroque. Wanted it for ages and at that price, I really can't refuse. Really glad I didn't miss it and I looked on the previous page.

I had you marked as one of the cool kids who already had Baroque. Buy it!

Don't worry, I got it ordered last night and it got sent this morning. I was close to ordering it when it got released but I was going on holiday soon after so didn't bother. Looking back i've never seen it in stores so I kind of forgot about it untill now.

I'm still a cool kid, I swear :p

REmake 2?

During a Q&A segment at the Resident Evil 5 Wondercon panel, Capcom was asked by an enthusiastic fan about a possible Resident Evil 2 remake. Mike Webster of Capcom decided to respond to the answer. He said, “Stay tuned, we absolutely understands that these are classic games,” and added, “Some announcements, that you will be very interested in [are on the way].”

http://www.slashgamer.com

Remake 2 in the style of REmake/RE Zero please. :)

REmake 2?

During a Q&A segment at the Resident Evil 5 Wondercon panel, Capcom was asked by an enthusiastic fan about a possible Resident Evil 2 remake. Mike Webster of Capcom decided to respond to the answer. He said, “Stay tuned, we absolutely understands that these are classic games,†and added, “Some announcements, that you will be very interested in [are on the way].â€

http://www.slashgamer.com

Remake 2 in the style of REmake/RE Zero please. :)

*HoT gets as giddy as a school girl*

Capcom said that they still had some surprises for the Wii, this would make up for the lack of effort put into Dead Rising.

hope that if they eventually make a remake of re2, that they will go with the resident evil 4 camera view. resident evil umbrella chronicles proved that that kind of camera view will work with previous resident evils.

And going back to the slow almost uncontrollable re1,2,3 and 0. Then again the ports of re1 and zero on the wii proved to me that you cant inovate that style of gameplay with the wii remote(ir shooting)

Codemasters Interview:

http://www.mcvuk.com/interviews/438/INTERVIEW-Codemasters

So what are the key Codemasters releases this year?

AB: We’ve still got some unannounced titles to reveal, but the announced key games so far are: FUEL in May, Operation Flashpoint 2 later in the summer, new games in the Overlord series for both 360/PS3 and Wii/DS, a new MMO Jumpgate, and of course DIRT 2 which will hit 360/PS3/PC, plus Wii/DS and PSP.

You mention Wii there. But Codemasters has been focusing on next-gen mainly. Is that changing?

AB: You can’t ignore Wii, but it’s bewildering watching what other publishers are doing. Codemasters has taken a more cautious strategy on Wii which has been the right thing to do. We are not going to make cheap, crappy ports. DIRT on Wii, for instance, is not Mario Kart. Overlord 2 is a gamer’s game. We’re not planning to compete in this ‘big head sports arena’ that everyone is obsessed with – the shelves are cluttered with those games. What you’ll see from us is quality games for gamers built for the Wii.

JW: That’s where we can excite retail further. There’s only a number of times I think you can go to a retailer with a DS or Wii game which is that type of mass-market product. Those games just become white noise.

I was reading that part of the interview earlier and it was good to see : peace:

It would be nice to have a more 'realistic' racer on the Wii that isn't loaded with gimmicks and marketed at the 'casual' audience.. it could sit happily beside Excitebots in anyone's collection instead of having more wacky games competing against each other!

Famitsu's Japan sales (23-1):

DSi 38000

PSP 42000

PS3 35000

X360 13000

Wii 12000

DSL 8000

PS2 3800

So the DSi didn't sell as much as the PSP?

Also, low Wii sales. Hmm.

There has been some big relatively big selling PS3 titles and PSP titles released recently so that explains why they've outsold the Wii. Strange though that the 360 outsold it as well though. Wii sales have been dwindling in the last few months as there really hasn't been a big title to spark the sale of consoles.

Why on earth are thousands of people still buying PS2 consoles every month?

Have to wait what Media Create says about the sales and Media Create counts DSi/DSl together.

DSi/DSl = 46000

PS3 has Yakuza 3 on this week.

360 has SO4 and on it 2nd week of sales.

Wii has ???.

Next week is Re5 for PS3/360.

I see this too... But in fairness nintendo haven't released a big title since wii music and that was shit.. for lack of a better word.

Fans are hoping that wii sports resort and motion plus will restore interest. It's hard to tell at this point but nintendo have become very very lazy and deserve this I find.

Seems they're attitude has gone from"games sell systems " to "peripherals sell systems" with the recent pointless release of the classic controller pro to back this up.

Fans are hoping that wii sports resort and motion plus will restore interest. It's hard to tell at this point but nintendo have become very very lazy and deserve this I find.

if last years e3 preview is anything to go by, this game looks like it is going to suck shit too.

throw the disk? seriously?

throw the disk? seriously?

I totally agree, can't believe they're putting out a game where all you do is throw a disc. Pshaw.