NEurope

On-rails isn't the answer to all of Wii's "problems" :heh:

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition was fantastic with great controls :smile: ..I haven't paid much attention to RE5 as I don't own a PS3 or XBOX360 but I have read some complaints about how similar it feels to RE4 in some regards.. but if it's anything like the last game I'm sure the game will be very good. From what I have seen, however, is that it doesn't seem to have as much of a fear factor anymore :hmm:

For me, the old-style Resident Evil games weren't particularly scary but the REmake, for instance, had a good atmosphere. Obviously Resident Evil 4 shook things up (for the better, in my opinion) and the tension came from things like hearing chainsaws in the background but not knowing where the threat was coming from.. you always felt like you had to be on your toes!

I'm not sure where it will go next.. but perhaps it needs to go back to locations that feel eerie and up the scare factor. First person is an option as it puts you directly into the action and your viewing angle is a little more restricted.. but I'd still like to be in control and not have movement automatic..

Was only joking bout on-rails; Given the Dead Space reaction and the Wind Wakers reaction, Cel-Shaded On-Rails Resi may cause the universe to implode!

Well, it could be worse - they could turn it into a mini game collection.

I'm not sure where it will go next.. but perhaps it needs to go back to locations that feel eerie and up the scare factor. First person is an option as it puts you directly into the action and your viewing angle is a little more restricted.. but I'd still like to be in control and not have movement automatic..

I find the problem with first person is that it doesn't show you character getting hit and recoiling in pain, so it's easier to become unattached - the screen flashed red when you get hit... big deal. Also, third person with the partially rotatable camera allows you to look around and actually see the threat that approaches from all sides in a way that doesn't leave you quite as exposed it would in first person - much like you can turn your head in real life without moving the rest of you.

So I still think 3rd person is the way to go but, like you say, change the environments to something more sinister and eerie and keep the character on their own (I'm getting no vibe from the RE5 demo because of the location and the partner system).

I think that perhaps reducing the enemy count, but making them all far more dangerous is the way to go. They can keep the over the shoulder camera and controls, but ramp up the fear factor by making every encounter a battle to survive rather than target practice. And then in the odd moments when they do overwhelm the player with enemies, then your role is to escape, or make use of some clever, but not necessarily obvious, set piece to eliminate the danger.

Considering how much NGamer enjoyed and praised Red Steel's multiplayer, I'd like to think that they get the information before the internet.

Tone down on your language, grasshopper.

They enjoyed it so much because they were the first to review it. 9.0 they gave it at the time..

Which is why we should take their red steel 2 review and previews with a pinch of salt.

edit: I love cel-shaded design I really don't understand why some people complained about wind waker at the time. Always a new complaint.. cel-shaded or mini games or on-rails.

There have been very little( if any) bad on-rails games on wii.. I can name you a good few quality ones.. house of the dead 1 and 2,ghost squad,house of the dead overkill,resident evil umbrella chonicles,most of link's crossbow training..

I don't see why people have doubts about this one bring good..

and resident evil 6 will never be on wii :)

I find the problem with first person is that it doesn't show you character getting hit and recoiling in pain, so it's easier to become unattached - the screen flashed red when you get hit... big deal. Also, third person with the partially rotatable camera allows you to look around and actually see the threat that approaches from all sides in a way that doesn't leave you quite as exposed it would in first person - much like you can turn your head in real life without moving the rest of you.

So I still think 3rd person is the way to go but, like you say, change the environments to something more sinister and eerie and keep the character on their own (I'm getting no vibe from the RE5 demo because of the location and the partner system).

I think that perhaps reducing the enemy count, but making them all far more dangerous is the way to go. They can keep the over the shoulder camera and controls, but ramp up the fear factor by making every encounter a battle to survive rather than target practice. And then in the odd moments when they do overwhelm the player with enemies, then your role is to escape, or make use of some clever, but not necessarily obvious, set piece to eliminate the danger.

exactly I hope they keep it third person.. they had the gameplay perfect with resident evil 4.. its still one of the best action games for wii and a perfect example that thirs person experience CAN be improved with the wiimote.

They enjoyed it so much because they were the first to review it. 9.0 they gave it at the time..

Which is why we should take their red steel 2 review and previews with a pinch of salt.

You realise that reviewing is subjective, and because you think something wasn't very good doesn't make a professional publication biased or unreliable.

You realise that reviewing is subjective, and because you think something wasn't very good doesn't make a professional publication biased or unreliable.

whether I think it was good or not(and by they I enjoyed it) you have to admit it was never a 90% game.. That;s a score reserved for games like super mario galaxy or metroid prime 3 more accurately.

I don't count on them to make the same mistake again but red steel was more of a 70% game I feel..

I;m trying not to sound like solitanze there with percentages but it's the only way I can explain.

for me and a lot of other people an over 90% game suggests a classic :)

thumb_952839_111653_front.jpg

SkyScraper - coming to Wii on March 20th at a budget price.

I've seen this title a few times on Play.com when I browse the coming soon section, and it's always intrigued by it.

Turns out it's a FPS with a Die Hard feel. Doesn't look too bad for a budget title, and I do love my FPS, so I may just pick this up one day, after a price drop of course!

SkyScraper_Wii_08.jpg

SkyScraper_Wii_06.jpg

Source + more screen's

SkyScraper - coming to Wii on March 20th at a budget price.

I've seen this title a few times on Play.com when I browse the coming soon section, and it's always intrigued by it.

Turns out it's a FPS with a Die Hard feel. Doesn't look too bad for a budget title, and I do love my FPS, so I may just pick this up one day, after a price drop of course!

SkyScraper_Wii_08.jpg

SkyScraper_Wii_06.jpg

Source + more screen's

This is why the Wii doesn't get any FPS games!

Nintendo Q1/Q2 US dates:

New Play Control! Pikmin™ - March 9

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis™ - March 9

Excitebots: Trick Racing - April 20

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - May 4

Punch-Out!! - May 18

I guess this means that Wii Sports Resort/WiiMotion Plus will be the big Q4 game this year?

Nintendo Q1/Q2 US dates:

New Play Control! Pikminâ„¢ - March 9

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennisâ„¢ - March 9

Excitebots: Trick Racing - April 20

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - May 4

Punch-Out!! - May 18

I guess this means that Wii Sports Resort/WiiMotion Plus will be the big Q4 game this year?

Probably delayed it so third parties have the chance to jam it into their products.

Probably delayed it so third parties have the chance to jam it into their products.
They should have clued third parties in sooner!

Wouldn't make a difference if it got released later anyway, they were late in giving out the dev kits in the first place.

Isn't The Conduit said to be using M+? So, by the time i get to play The Conduit with M+, i.ll have completed the game at least 5 times and died thousands of time online.

Isn't The Conduit said to be using M+? So, by the time i get to play The Conduit with M+, i.ll have completed the game at least 5 times and died thousands of time online.

I suppose they couldn't really work out a way of making it a meaningful inclusion, I haven't heard anything of it since their initial interest.

Surely if they release the Wii Sports Resort and WMP now, it would mean there would be more Wii owners out there with it when third parties come to release their games that use it?

Delaying the release of the device will only end up hurting third party titles that rely on it since a) there will be less people out there with it to buy their games, and b) those without will buy Resort and nothing else until they are bored of it which would also end up hurting their sales.

Seems like a pretty flawed plan to me.

^ I've been thinking of picking up Baroque at that price for some time but the whole randomly-generated-dungeon thing has been putting me off.

Thanks for the heads-up Adam. Skate It, Lego Star Wars and No More Heroes are almost irresistible at that price. Maybe Pro Evo 2008 as well, given all the praise you crazy forumites have been giving it.

Cool - just got Lego Star Wars for £12.99 - some decent cheap DS games aswell!

Also tempted by Order Up but think I'll wait on that to come down to £9.99 :heh:

Delaying the release of the device will only end up hurting third party titles that rely on it since a) there will be less people out there with it to buy their games, and b) those without will buy Resort and nothing else until they are bored of it which would also end up hurting their sales.

Seems like a pretty flawed plan to me.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to using WMP with The Conduit in June :(

Yeah, I was really looking forward to using WMP with The Conduit in June :(

I'm 85% certain HVS took MotionPlus support out of The Conduit, citing a lack of features that would take advantage of it. Basically, they didn't want to crowbar it in for the sake of it. Good move, I say.

Thanks for the heads-up Adam. Skate It, Lego Star Wars and No More Heroes are almost irresistible at that price. Maybe Pro Evo 2008 as well, given all the praise you crazy forumites have been giving it.

PES 2008 would be a fine choice, but save your money for PES 2009 which should be out in around a month or so and hopefully enough people will get it for us to have some online fun and a tournament if possible : peace:

Soul Calibur Legends and Bangai-O Spirits are the only things there that tempt me (and even then, not that much..) but there are certainly a couple of games that people should snap up (No More Heroes, for instance :heh:)

Any chance we'll be getting a release list in the next few days?

I asked Nintendo UK earlier, they said announcements will be made "in due course".

Sam & Max is £9.99 Is it any good?

Definitely. At that price, they're practically giving it away.

No More Heroes will do for me at that price. :)