N-Europe

Lost Series 5

Dante

Na, the producers already said that that is not the explanation

IMO they pretty much cannot explain everything. Short of...."its magic" which would be lameeeeee.

Sorry for the LOST hate, I know some people get pissy with hearing negative things about it....but to be fair....its just shocking in comparison to certain other programmes.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye. Though it was good in parts, but basically ridiculous. And I have an extremely high ridiculous tolerance.

Tbh, it's only ridiculous because we don't know the explanation. It's obviously not gonna be 100% realistic so we can expect some reasoning that bends reality a little.

The fact it involves science fiction elements such as time travel should be factored into it. If you come in to Lost expecting something realistic then you're a fool. No offense :p

I am a fool, but not for this. I don't expect realism, but I do expect.....

....Make at least a little bit of sensism.

• 2 weeks later...

@ 1:10-1:11... At some point (whether due to him being injured/knocked out in the kitchen fight, or because his consciousness is time traveling and the old Sayid freaks out) Jack tries examining Sayid with a doctor's mini-flashlight and giving him an oxygen mask, but Sayid responds violently by choking Jack.

@ 1:13-1:16... Just like Kate screeching to a halt @ LAX in the beginning of the season 4 finale, picking up exactly where S3 left off, at some point we'll revisit where we were in the Hoffs/Drawlar Funeral Parlor @ the end of S4. Jack and Ben have some new dialogue before taking 'Jeremy Bentham' -- Jack: "How did all this happen?" Ben: "It happened because you left, Jack."

@ 2:09-2:12... A barrage of flaming arrows rains down on the camp, ostensibly shot by the same people who are seen holding Dan & Charlotte hostage w/ bows and arrows (@ 1:36-1:38). One fiery bolt appears to actually strike a dead body, and amongst those fleeing we can see Vincent.

@ 2:24... After the Island made his legs give out twice so that it was Boone who fell in the drug smuggler's plane and Eko saw the '?' from that height, Locke finally attempts to scale the vine cliff and actually falls. This may relate to the scenes of his eye opening and him lying in the grass (@ 0:49-0:51), as well as the blood he sees on his hand when he looks down at the compass (@ 2:07-2:08).

@ 2:32-2:35... Seeing everyone standing there for a split second in the last promo video, I couldn't make out what was going on, but the longer clip this time makes it clear our Losties are looking for their tents near the beach, but realize they're all gone.

@ 2:35... Locke and Juliet can be seen emerging from the jungle and looking into the ravine where New Otherton should be, but it's mysteriously absent... even sans sonic fence. It appears that they traveled back in time to before the Barracks were even built, which is interesting, because this indicates that the Hatches were built first. Curious.

So have the losties gone back in time or into the future? It would seem by those flashes they've come back to the war between the others and Dharma. That'd be an interesting story to tell and also potentially future changing. I'm really looking forward to the next season I don't care if people have lost interest. I'm in it until the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 5.01 - Because You Left. (21 January, 2009)

THE REMAINING SURVIVORS START TO FEEL THE EFFECTS CAUSED BY THE ISLAND BEING MOVED, AND JACK AND BEN BEGIN THEIR QUEST TO REUNITE THE OCEANIC 6 - ALONG WITH LOCKE'S BODY - IN ORDER TO RETURN TO THE ISLAND

The remaining island survivors start to feel the effects of the aftermath of moving the island, and Jack and Ben begin their quest to reunite the Oceanic 6 in order to return to the island with Locke's body in an attempt to save their former fellow castaways.

Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse

Directed by Stephen Williams

Cast

Naveen Andrews as Sayid

Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond

Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday

Michael Emerson as Ben

Matthew Fox as Jack

Jorge Garcia as Hurley

Josh Holloway as Sawyer

Yunjin Kim as Sun

Ken Leung as Miles

Evangeline Lilly as Kate

Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet

Terry O'Quinn as Locke

Guest Cast

L. Scott Caldwell as Rose

Sam Anderson as Bernard

Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert

William Mapother as Ethan Rom

Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle

Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore

Alan Dale as Charles Widmore

Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis

William Blanchett as Aaron

Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt

Tom Irwin as Dan Norton

Michael Dempsey as foreman

Stephanie Smart as ticket agent

Leslie Ishii as woman

Cindy Paliracio as TV anchor

Brad Berryhill as anxious guy

Sven Lindstrom as crew member

Chantal Boomla as counter girl

Jeremy Colvin as security guard

Episode 5.02 - The Lie (21 January, 2009)

THE REMAINING SURVIVORS START TO FEEL THE EFFECTS CAUSED BY THE ISLAND BEING MOVED, AND JACK AND BEN BEGIN THEIR QUEST TO REUNITE THE OCEANIC 6 - ALONG WITH LOCKE'S BODY

Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops after stumbling into trouble at the safehouse; the island survivors come under attack by unknown forces; and an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret.

Written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz

Directed by Jack Bender

Cast

Naveen Andrews as Sayid

Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond

Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday

Michael Emerson as Ben

Matthew Fox as Jack

Jorge Garcia as Hurley

Josh Holloway as Sawyer

Yunjin Kim as Sun

Ken Leung as Miles

Evangeline Lilly as Kate

Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet

Terry O'Quinn as Locke

Guest Cast

Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia

L. Scott Caldwell as Rose

Sam Anderson as Bernard

Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore

Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis

Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus

Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes

Cheech Marin as David Reyes

William Blanchett as Aaron

Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt

Tom Connolly as Jones

Mary Mara as Jill

Dana Sorman as Darlene

James Jeremiah as police officer

Stephanie Conching as nurse

Matthew Allan as Cunningham

Todd Bryant as Mattingly

• 2 weeks later...

Started to read the first few paragraphs of the review, but chickened out because I didn't want it spoiled. :p

Was interested to see today's video from the Lost creators today - a walk around the writers' offices. Of particular interest was a wall with character photos on split into three sections: alive, dead and undead. Good to see Jin on the alive side, and interesting to see the three that were on the undead side (whatever that means) - Christian, Yemi and Kate's horse.